PDA

View Full Version : Are you a 3 percenter?

LibertyEagle
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=11394

The Three Percent in 1775.

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril.

To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

dr. hfn
02-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I am an American Revolutionary! And I will have Liberty or Death!

pcosmar
02-19-2009, 03:01 PM
I used to be a 1%er now I'm 3%.
Movin' on up.

Ex Post Facto
02-19-2009, 03:31 PM
By the voting counts we are probably close to 3% nationwide. Hard to say exactly as votes were split all over the place. I think RP people represent more like 25% when it comes right down to the principles, and not just the exact platform Ron Paul ran on.

ItsTime
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
With Beck and the like hammering home some libertarian ideals we are now way over 3%. Around the rally time I would have said we were around 3% but there are a lot more of us now thats for sure. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING!

LibertyEagle
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
More and more people are comin' around. :) We really need to ramp up our activities. People are more willing to listen now than they ever have been.

RCA
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm a 3%er, my family is part of the 1/3 that blows with the wind.

youngbuck
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Another one-third of the population sided with the King

I certainly know I didn't hear about this in public school, but did the American Revolutionaries turn on those around them who they discovered supported the King? Did they hang them as traitors, spies, or anything else?

nate895
02-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Needless to say, I agree.

nate895
02-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I certainly know I didn't hear about this in public school, but did the American Revolutionaries turn on those around them who they discovered supported the King? Did they hang them as traitors, spies, or anything else?

No, just sent them back to England, and if they were lucky enough they got some money for their stuff.

The numbers I have seen from most sources say about 1/3 were loyal, 1/2 Patriot, and 1/6 didn't care.

RCA
02-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Has anyone ever thought about we could be descendants of the original 3%? That would explain why the number is still the same today and why so many of the sheep are pro-State. They must share genes with the loyalists. What does this say about our hopes to wake the masses up? Scary isn't it?

Theocrat
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm a "three-percenter" in at least three ways. Does that make me a nine-percenter?

muzzled dogg
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
son of the american revolution

brandon
02-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I would love to be a 3%er, but for some reason unknown to me I cannot pass the background check required to own a gun in my state.

Theocrat
02-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I would love to be a 3%er, but for some reason unknown to me I cannot pass the background check required to own a gun in my state.

Could it have been that break-in you did at Fort Knox last year, trying to audit our nation's gold supply?

Anti Federalist
02-19-2009, 06:15 PM
The blog of the Three Percenters. (http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/)

cindy25
02-19-2009, 06:18 PM
3% of voters would also win a republican primary.

25% of voters are Republicans.
20% voter turnout in primaries= 5%

3% would be 60%

mediahasyou
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
No, just sent them back to England, and if they were lucky enough they got some money for their stuff.

The numbers I have seen from most sources say about 1/3 were loyal, 1/2 Patriot, and 1/6 didn't care.

Loyalists were left in peace demanded by the treaty signed:

The Congress of the Confederation will "earnestly recommend" to state legislatures to recognize the rightful owners of all confiscated lands "provide for the restitution of all estates, rights, and properties, which have been confiscated belonging to real British subjects [Loyalists]";

United States will prevent future confiscations of the property of Loyalists;

Prisoners of war on both sides are to be released and all property left by the British army in the United States unmolested (including slaves);

(The Treaty of Paris from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_(1783))

nate895
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Loyalists were left in peace demanded by the treaty signed:

(The Treaty of Paris from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Paris_(1783))

That is one of the reasons behind the adoption of the Constitution. Few states were actually following that provision.

cabinboy
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2009/02/iii.html

Available as soon as inventory is in hand:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iIgGzjVNEAk/SZ33zA0YpSI/AAAAAAAACSo/MZ7xbk3LZZg/s1600-h/III+patch.aspx

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iIgGzjVNEAk/SZ34Ist2NBI/AAAAAAAACSw/I3D1CbIyi9c/s1600-h/III+flag.jpg

cabinboy
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Two more, currently available near you:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iIgGzjVNEAk/SZ4QALxSdxI/AAAAAAAACTY/dSA7XqrMfVE/s1600-h/diversity.aspx

Fictional use of similar presentation materials are detailed here:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2009/02/back-by-semi-popular-demand-window-war.html

heavenlyboy34
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm a wild n' crazy 3 percenter!

olehounddog
02-19-2009, 09:03 PM

Here in Wilkes Co NC we had a tree called The Tory Oak. It was an oak tree behind the courthouse where they hanged the bastards.:eek:

The tree died and was replaced just a few yrs ago. Still got a couple more years before it will big enough to be used again.

Bluewaters
02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
I,m 100% a 3%

Bluewaters
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
ole hound dog,Ya,ll need to tend to them new trees,mebbe put some miracle gro on em or somethin

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-19-2009, 10:10 PM

This is a factual error. This 1/3 revolutionary, 1/3 loyalist, 1/3 neutral is mis-quoted from Adams (I believe), but it was in reference to the French Revolution. Look into the Powder alarms of 1774 and reaction to the intolerable acts, where thousands and thousands of Mass. men mobilized are removed King appointed magistrates etc . I'd guessstimate that New England was 80-85% patriot, with maybe 2% loyalist (and almost all of these moving with the english to Halifax when Gage withdrew from Boston).

Also, in 1776, Paine's Common Sense SOLD over 120,000 copies in the first three months, 500,000 in the first year, in a colonial population of 2 million.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-19-2009, 10:12 PM

Dude, "move" to a southern state for a while, get a gun (rifle or pistol?), then "move" back.

asimplegirl
02-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I used to be a 1%er now I'm 3%.
Movin' on up.

My daddy was a 1%er, does this make me automatically a 3%er? lol

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril.

Guess by this description, yes, I am.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
David McCullough used that figure in his book 1776. I'll dig up the annotations, but I would stand by that figure.

The 80 percent or so in New England, or at least around Boston may be true, but that certainly wouldn't have held true in New York or the Carolinas.

Throughout the whole of the colonies I would say it broke down by thirds.

This is a factual error. This 1/3 revolutionary, 1/3 loyalist, 1/3 neutral is mis-quoted from Adams (I believe), but it was in reference to the French Revolution. Look into the Powder alarms of 1774 and reaction to the intolerable acts, where thousands and thousands of Mass. men mobilized are removed King appointed magistrates etc . I'd guessstimate that New England was 80-85% patriot, with maybe 2% loyalist (and almost all of these moving with the english to Halifax when Gage withdrew from Boston).

Also, in 1776, Paine's Common Sense SOLD over 120,000 copies in the first three months, 500,000 in the first year, in a colonial population of 2 million.

Perry
02-19-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm a 5%er. I won't fire the gun...but I'll wave the flag and patch up the bloody wounded with bullets whizzing over my head.
It may be worth dieing for but not worth killing.

pcosmar
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm a 5%er. I won't fire the gun...but I'll wave the flag and patch up the bloody wounded with bullets whizzing over my head.
It may be worth dieing for but not worth killing.

You will be welcome. Patching may be necessary.

heavenlyboy34
02-19-2009, 11:10 PM
btw...I'm only trained in shotgun shooting. :( If you guys need a rifleman or something to cover your back when TSHTF, I'll need some extra training. ;):)

Conza88
02-19-2009, 11:24 PM
With Beck and the like hammering home some libertarian ideals we are now way over 3%. Around the rally time I would have said we were around 3% but there are a lot more of us now thats for sure. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING!

Beck ISN'T ON OUR SIDE. Not sure why this needs repeating... :rolleyes:

As for the 3%. For sure. Also a 5%er in 1944.

fj45lvr
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM

I know they were eager to drive them out of their lands so they could use the resources to finance the war efforts which they did do.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-19-2009, 11:43 PM
David McCullough used that figure in his book 1776. I'll dig up the annotations, but I would stand by that figure.

The 80 percent or so in New England, or at least around Boston may be true, but that certainly wouldn't have held true in New York or the Carolinas.

Throughout the whole of the colonies I would say it broke down by thirds.

Here's an article i found with a real quick search....more to come.

I honestly believe the "left" tries to denigrate the real enthusiasm for liberty and freedom that the colonists were in favor of. So they try to say that it was only a small fraction, whipped up by Samuel Adams. reality was, the people drove the colonial leaders, including Sam Adams, who once wrote back to Boston trying to restrain the masses from acting (Dont get me wrong, Samuel Adams is my Favorite FF).

fj45lvr
02-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Dude, "move" to a southern state for a while, get a gun (rifle or pistol?), then "move" back.

Find a private party to buy from... EASY..

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Wiki "Loyalists, Am. Rev."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalist_(American_Revolution)

trey4sports
02-19-2009, 11:48 PM
hes catchin on im tellin ya!

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Leftie in point -

To the Editor:

In attempting to dispel the idea that all Americans supported independence, Garrison Keillor perpetrates the common error of attributing to John Adams the remark that Americans divided equally over independence: one-third in support, one-third loyal to King George and one-third indifferent ("In Praise of Sunshine Patriots," Op-Ed, July 4).

Adams was not referring to American independence or even to the American Revolution. Rather, Adams's 1815 letter to James Lloyd, the Massachusetts Federalist, recounted that the American people were divided into three equal groups over the French Revolution.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Here's an article i found with a real quick search....more to come.

I honestly believe the "left" tries to denigrate the real enthusiasm for liberty and freedom that the colonists were in favor of. So they try to say that it was only a small fraction, whipped up by Samuel Adams. reality was, the people drove the colonial leaders, including Sam Adams, who once wrote back to Boston trying to restrain the masses from acting (Dont get me wrong, Samuel Adams is my Favorite FF).

There may be something to that, but there is also the consideration that every revolution is usually started by a minority of the population.

Don't forget, until 1776, there was nothing close to a consensus on separation, the fight had been going on for over a year, and it was couched in the terms of "Free Englishmen" fighting for "English rights".

nate895
02-19-2009, 11:59 PM
This actually reminds me that in 8th grade I had to be a Loyalist, crown-loving, bastard for my Williamsburg Project. I hated it so much.

Down with the Tories, victory for Patriotic Freedom Fighters.

Give me liberty or give me death!!!!

Anti Federalist
02-20-2009, 12:05 AM
This actually reminds me that in 8th grade I had to be a Loyalist, crown-loving, bastard for my Williamsburg Project. I hated it so much.

Down with the Tories, victory for Patriotic Freedom Fighters.

Give me liberty or give me death!!!!

At the 2007 Boston Tea Party rally, some of us, when the rally was over, marched to Old South Meeting House, which holds a re-enactment of the event every year.

As you walked in, you were handed a slip of paper to participate in the arguments, based on the transcripts taken at the meeting just before the ships were ransacked.

The mix of "loyalist" vs. "patriot" was about 50/50.

Needless to say, when we packed the house, that ratio went out the window.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
bump

Anti Federalist
06-21-2009, 12:36 PM
bump

Timely bump, I say.;)

Imperial
06-21-2009, 12:40 PM

They tarred and feathered them and confiscated their properties.

Quite ironically, the American revolutionaries made such a liberal government through terrorizing the conservative Loyalists out of the country and violating their rights. Many fled to Canada, the Bahamas, or Great Britain. After the war, we didn't honor our side of the Treaty of Paris and didn't reimburse the Loyalists or give them back their land.

It is largely for that reason too that Canada isn't in the US today- bad memories in some from the Revolution who had moved to Canada. Gave a good base for Isaac Brock to rally.

Pericles
06-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Heed the words of COL Arthur D Simons (US Army Special Forces)

Success depends on 3 things:
1. Get organized
2. Get into position
3. Wait for an opportunity

Of those 3 things, the third one is the most difficult.

"Take only those losses that are unavoidable, if you can't smart your way out of it. Soldiers are entitled to leaders who can usually smart their way out of it."

"If history is any teacher, it teaches that when you get indifferent and you lose the will to fight, some other guy who has the will to fight will take you over."

puppetmaster
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm in

phill4paul
03-27-2010, 12:00 AM
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." But if your a neighbor within the Continental u.S and need a hand then yeah. I'm in.;)

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 12:09 AM
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." But if your a neighbor within the Continental u.S and need a hand then yeah. I'm in.;)

Wicked cool timely bump.

Btw, where is LE? She hasn't been around at all, that I can see.

phill4paul
03-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Wicked cool timely bump.

Btw, where is LE? She hasn't been around at all, that I can see.

A search brought a post from 5 days ago. So think maybe just life keeping her out. Hopefully she'll get back soon. It's been awhile since I've been threatened with a ban.:D

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 12:19 AM
A search brought a post from 5 days ago. So think maybe just life keeping her out. Hopefully she'll get back soon. It's been awhile since I've been threatened with a ban.:D

LOL

For those wondering what all the Window Warrior fuss is about:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

phill4paul
03-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Wicked cool

Ya'll fehkers actually say that? I swear I'd fall outta formation if I heard it beyond the silver screen. Gotta love colloquialism. :)

phill4paul
03-27-2010, 12:24 AM
LOL

For those wondering what all the Window Warrior fuss is about:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

LOL indeed. Gotcha now.:p

Anti Federalist
03-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Ya'll fehkers actually say that? I swear I'd fall outta formation if I heard it beyond the silver screen. Gotta love colloquialism. :)

Hell yeah, and "finast kind"...but there are two I picked up down south that I use all the time:

Tumped over and Run off.

You know, I run across people from all across the country, and a trend I don't like seeing is the loss of regional dialects, accents and colloquialisms.

The speech is becoming a dry, mumbling, "Wal Mart" sort of thing.

Pauls' Revere
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
3% bump

phill4paul
03-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Hell yeah, and "finast kind"...but there are two I picked up down south that I use all the time:

Tumped over and Run off.

You know, I run across people from all across the country, and a trend I don't like seeing is the loss of regional dialects, accents and colloquialisms.

Agree a billion percent. That's the whole problem with America. Everyone runnin' off from families.

I'm an amalgamation myself. Ohioan father and a 'bama gal. The military makes for some strange companions and my folks found the best in each other.

I've been told I have I have a "radio" voice because generally my dialect is neutral. Give me a coupla boiler-makers and I'll cuss in the local dialect though. Always had that ear. Being an airforce rat that had to reinvent himself every two years throughout my entire life I picked up the knack of reading the locals and assimilating.

I love regional dialects, accents and colloquialisms. That's what makes America. Goddamn you don't have to fly to another country just take a 4 hr trip by care and your in a different country!

Rael
03-27-2010, 04:19 AM
3.14159265%

tremendoustie
03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm a peaceful civil-disobediencer. What percent does that make me?

tremendoustie
03-27-2010, 08:29 AM
H

I agree.

torchbearer
03-27-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm a 2%er.

http://www.mcarthurdairy.com/products/gallery/half_gallon/large/half_gallon_2_milk.jpg

Travlyr
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
The Doctrine of the Three Percent.

The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it. And we will. There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.
You cannot convince us.
You cannot intimidate us.
You can try to kill us, if you think you can.
But remember, we’ll shoot back .
We are not going away.
We are not backing up another inch.
And there are THREE MILLION OF US.
Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.
Your move.

LibertarianfromGermany
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm a 2%er.

http://www.mcarthurdairy.com/products/gallery/half_gallon/large/half_gallon_2_milk.jpg

I love quoting big pictures

PS: In my country I'm a probably a 0.01%er

cheapseats
04-29-2010, 09:08 PM
The Doctrine of the Three Percent.

The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it. And we will. There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.
You cannot convince us.
You cannot intimidate us.
You can try to kill us, if you think you can.
But remember, we’ll shoot back .
We are not going away.
We are not backing up another inch.
And there are THREE MILLION OF US.
Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.
Your move.

I'm trying to get my bearings. Pray tell, how does this square with the Michigan/Ohio raids?

sofia
04-29-2010, 09:10 PM
one ingredient missing though....

the colonists had the French come in on their side.

maybe Putin will help us out?..lol