PDA

View Full Version : MO Call to Action! REAL ID & State Sovereignty

Liberty Rebellion
02-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Rep Jim Guest of MO sent out an email advising to start calling about REAL ID and the State Sovereignty Resolution!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12605745/Missouri-Call-for-Action-REAL-ID-State-Sovereignty

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12605746/MO-Legislation

Get er done!

Stary Hickory
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Hopefully MO does this, another good day if they do.

Liberty Rebellion
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
HCR13 has passed committee! Woot!

http://house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills091/action/aHCR13.htm

Now we just need to focus on getting the anti-REAL ID bill out of committee. Call, call call!!!

Here's a report from someone who was in Jeff City (name withheld):

I met with Representative Viebrock today because he was the most outspoken against HB 361 - stopping Real ID in Missouri. We also discussed HCR 13, the state soveriengty resolution.

He said he was voting for HCR 13, but feared there would soon be a civil war. He repeated it as if he wanted me to agree. I think he wanted to use it against me later. I said if you look at history when a government continues to oppress its people eventually they fight back.

Regarding Real ID, he thinks that "our group of people" just doesn't trust the Feds. I said there are thousands of examples to support that. I emphasized the point that it is civil liberties creep. They keep chipping away little by little getting us used to it. We give them an inch and they take a mile. He agreed but said they're alerady doing it. I agreed, but I asked him if that made it right. He didn't answer. He also said the Feds were going to force us to implement. I said we don't have to comply - this is what this bill is about. He halfheartedly agreed.

He also says our people seem to have a problem with barcodes. I said I don't have a problem with bar codes, I have a problem with linking them to information that is not releveant and private.

This man needs lots of phone calls! The other vocal dissenter was Represntative Silvey. During the committee meeting last week he mentioned that he had voted for the bill last year, but had changed his mind. I stopped by to ask him why, but he was unavailable. I stopped by Jim Guest's office to ask if he knew the reason, and he said he had heard there was some Federal money promised to Silvey's District. I think he needs some phone calls too.

We need to get this out of committee. Please call those listed on the attachment as high priority.

hotbrownsauce
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Rep Rick Stream of Missouri supports the state sovereignty bill by Cynthia Davis. Waiting on word about the Real ID legislation.

Liberty Rebellion
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Rep Rick Stream of Missouri supports the state sovereignty bill by Cynthia Davis. Waiting on word about the Real ID legislation.

RIght now it's just important to contact the committee members so we can get REAL ID on the floor for a vote. Update:

I just personally spoke to Rep. Jim Guest who advises the following:

Open Executive Session to vote on HB 361 - Anti-Real ID - will be this Tuesday, February 24th, at 8:30 AM in Hearing Room #7

This session is open to the public, but no public testimony is allowed.

This bill stops the state from selling your personal information, rejects the Real ID Act and protects the state from collecting biometric information on its citizens. It is a path to global governance.

We need to call ONLY the following 5 Committee Members beginning today through Monday afternoon. Flood their offices and answering machines with your voices and opinions to support this bill. We, the people, must protect our freedoms:

REAL ID AND PERSONAL PRIVACY - COMMITTEE MEMBERS

***Rep. James Viebrock (R) #134 SW MO - 573+751-2381
Jim.Viebrock@house.mo.gov (High Priority - needs many calls - term limits out 2010)

***Rep. Steve Brown (D) #073 St. Louis - 573+751-0100
Steve.Brown@house.mo.gov (High Priority)

***Rep. Ryan Silvey (R) #038 Kansas City - 573+751-5282
Ryan.Silvey@house.mo.gov (High Priority)

***Rep. Will Kraus (R) #048 Kansas City - 573+751-1459
will.kraus@house.mo.gov (High Priority)

Rep. Michele Kratky (D) #65 St. Louis - 573+751-4220
Michele.Kratky@house.mo.gov (High Priority)

Stary Hickory
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Lovely this is great news

Liberty Rebellion
02-24-2009, 07:02 PM
The anti-REAL ID bill made it out of Committee today! Next to the floor for a vote! Start calling your Reps!

hotbrownsauce
02-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Bump!!!

hotbrownsauce
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Update: Rick Stream supports HB 361 Anti-Real ID