WCR
02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7886481.stm

really scary :S

jillian
02-18-2009, 10:25 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7886481.stm

really scary :S

that's almost laughable. it would never happen.

Bruno
02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Scary (and I would never want such an absurd idea), but if the world voted, they might have elected Ron Paul. He was leading in votes before the two candidates were decided. :D

Soft Spoken Storm
02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Here's a better idea: Stop asking the US to lead you and give you money and protect you and fight your wars for you, and start acting like sovereign nations.

acptulsa
02-18-2009, 10:32 AM
A New World Order will be just fine so long as we're in charge. Right?

Right?

You crickets hush. I'm listening for someone who agrees with my ludicrous statement!

moostraks
02-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Scary (and I would never want such an absurd idea), but if the world voted, they might have elected Ron Paul. He was leading in votes before the two candidates were decided. :D

You beat me to it as I was thinking the same thing!!!(Re: the world poll that chose Paul) I also don't think foreign non-citizens should vote/influence a country's election but imagine how thin the media would be spread trying to pervert the minds of folks world wide to vote in a particular fashion.:D

Soft Spoken Storm
02-18-2009, 12:54 PM
You beat me to it as I was thinking the same thing!!!(Re: the world poll that chose Paul) I also don't think foreign non-citizens should vote/influence a country's election but imagine how thin the media would be spread trying to pervert the minds of folks world wide to vote in a particular fashion.:D

Just be careful with those thoughts... Polls can be misleading (see John Kerry), and even if they had elected Ron Paul as our President, it would have set a precedent for future world votes and they might have elected into office in the future someone who promised to give our wealth to the world.