PDA

View Full Version : Jindal may not accept 'stimulus' money

cska80
02-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Definatley positioning himself for a presidential run in 2012 if he does this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/02/17/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4807323.shtml?CMP=OTC-RSSFeed&source=RSS&attr=PoliticalHotsheet_4807323

liberteebell
02-18-2009, 09:19 AM
I heard a radio interview last night with Matt Shea and Jim Guest, both of whom said that the first step towards stopping this insanity is for the states to reject federal money.

I will sure like Jindal a lot if he makes this very brave move!

ClayTrainor
02-18-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't know much about Jindal. Is he a neo-con?

Regardless, it's good to see him fighting the bailout.

t0rnado
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Jindal is still a neocon and is only doing this for political gain.

Jeremy
02-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Might as well accept it imo

The government taxed the people and such... would you rather seeing it go to someone without good principles like this?

Sandra
02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
He has no power to reject it. Big talk. HuffPo called it right this time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stuart-whatley/calling-jindals-bluff_b_167831.html

Battlecruiser
02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Jindal is an opportunistic neo-con. Has no principles or ideas of his own. He shifts like the wind. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Jindal is still a neocon and is only doing this for political gain.

I dont think it would be a wise move considering the economic problems Louisiana is experiencing ( I dont think that it will stimulate the economy, but a majority of the people believe that it will, therefore loosing him public support in his state, and possibly hurting chances of re-election). Not to mention that a large percentage of the population is impoverished and although it does not apply to all african americans, it will be hard to get a majority of African Americans to diregard the stimulus bill from the first African American President. IMO.

Battlecruiser
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
I dont think it would be a wise move considering the economic problems Louisiana is experiencing ( I dont think that it will stimulate the economy, but a majority of the people believe that it will, therefore loosing him public support in his state, and possibly hurting chances of re-election). Not to mention that a large percentage of the population is impoverished and although it does not apply to all african americans, it will be hard to get a majority of African Americans to diregard the stimulus bill from the first African American President. IMO.

He might be doing it gain some rep with the GOP for a 2012 pres. run.

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-18-2009, 05:02 PM
He might be doing it gain some rep with the GOP for a 2012 pres. run.

The GOP alone will not be able to win him the presidency though. He HAS to leave the Governorship in good standing with popular support in his state, or he has no chance at all of gaining the rest of Americans votes. Especially if for some miracle the Stimulus bill does have a positive effect on there state economy.

Alawn
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Might as well accept it imo

The government taxed the people and such... would you rather seeing it go to someone without good principles like this?

You are correct they already stole the money from the state but the problem is whenever the federal government gives money back to the states it always conditions the money on the state doing something the federal government wants it to do.

NYgs23
02-18-2009, 07:36 PM
A point is his favor, but it doesn't make up for his support of the War, the Patriot Act, and chopping the balls off of "sex offenders."

user
02-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, Jindal is a fascist.

axiomata
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
He probably knows that his state legislature would overrule him (per that clause in the bill), so it's a win-win situation. Get to take a stand in the name of principles and still get the $$$ in the end.