PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to curtail gov. spending

voytechs
02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Here is my idea. Force every member of the legislative body (state and fed.) who votes YES on a spending bill, to contribute $1/year for every $1,000,000 in the bill out of his/her own pocket. Just add it to their yearly tax bill.

If they feel that strongly about passing a bill that will spend my money, let them shoulder some of the burden. After all what is just $1....

After all, they are just covering 1/1,000,000'th of a the amount being spent.

TheEvilDetector
02-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Here is my idea. Force every member of the legislative body (state and fed.) who votes YES on a spending bill, to contribute $1/year for every $1,000,000 in the bill out of his/her own pocket. Just add it to their yearly tax bill.

If they feel that strongly about passing a bill that will spend my money, let them shoulder some of the burden. After all what is just $1....

After all, they are just covering 1/1,000,000'th of a the amount being spent.

They'll pass a law increasing their income.

Next idea..

voytechs
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
They'll pass a law increasing their income.

Next idea..

How about giving them $1 for every YES they vote on a bill that reduces spending. Incentive. They could make millions honestly while cutting spending everywhere. Theoretically if congress went on a spending slashing spree for a mere $3-4 million per congressman ($3-4trillion budget)or about 1.2 billion, we could eliminate all gov. spending :)

Toureg89
02-17-2009, 08:53 PM
but the incentives of making more by giving tax dollars to friends anf family, and the retarded ideology of democrats/"mainstream" republicans that rich people are evil, would lead congress to do otherwise.

penguin
02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
How about spending term limits. Any spending bill is only authorized for the remainder of the term of the sponsor. This would allow new voters who were not eligible at the time of the first passing to vote for or against their representative. This would allow for the burdened taxpayer to correct any injustice placed on him by his parents and grand parents generation plus immigrants.

anaconda
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM
How about giving them $1 for every YES they vote on a bill that reduces spending. Incentive. They could make millions honestly while cutting spending everywhere. Theoretically if congress went on a spending slashing spree for a mere $3-4 million per congressman ($3-4trillion budget)or about 1.2 billion, we could eliminate all gov. spending :)

The military-industrial complex would not want this. So, they would pay them $1.10 under the table and undermine the system.