PDA

View Full Version : Once upon a time . . .

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Once upon a time, everyone was happy believing that everyone could be happy living under a big, blue sky. With the clear vision of this Civil-Purpose, the people aimed their bows up at the blue sky so that their arrows would fall shooting apples out from the tree.
But then one day an evil witch by the name of Hillary, a lawyer, asked the question,
"Is it fair that crickets should have no face? Is it fair and equal that millions of human souls should be content shooting apples while crickets have to chirp in their darkness?"
So, to make things equal and responsible, Queen Hillary abolished the blue sky by passing a legal precedent that the people should only hit the apples in the tree by aiming directly at the apples in the tree.
But, of course, because their arrows now fell short, there was much bickering amongst the people as they believed that the people could no longer obtain the prior level of their excellence. Because of their newfound naughtiness, Hillary's government now stepped in to fine them, tax them and to throw them into prison.
Now, off in the distance were devious little people wanting a piece of Hillary's lucrative business. Rather than ask the people if they want their blue sky back, as one might expect they do, they instead argued that they could lead them to their bloody freedom. While this moved the people to rise up and rebel against Hillary's legal precedent, it only caused them even more torment as the blue sky they once lived under grew even darker and they still couldn't hit those apples from the tree.
Moral to the story:
We will never obtain freedom, equality and responsibility by aiming at freedom, equality and responsibility. We will only obtain those as prerequisites by aiming higher towards that of our Civil-Purpose. While measures are necessary at times to keep the sky shining blue, we should always beware of such means becoming legal precedents that cloud over our clear Civil-Purpose. Our clear Civil-Purpose is that which is self-evidently true and unalienably a natural right. It was for this reason that a king's soul was judged a tyrant and a new nation was formed under a more perfect government.

Xenophage
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Once upon a time, everyone was happy believing that everyone could be happy living under a big, blue sky. With the clear vision of this Civil-Purpose, the people aimed their bows up at the blue sky so that their falling arrows would shoot apples out of the tree.
But then one day an evil witch by the name of Hillary, a lawyer, asked the question,
"Is it fair that crickets should have no face? Is it fair and equal that millions of human souls should be content while crickets have to chirp in their darkness?"
So, to make things equal and responsible, Queen Hillary abolished the blue sky by passing a legal precedent that the people should only hit the apples in the tree by aiming directly at the apples in the tree.
But, of course, because their arrows now fell short, there was much bickering about as the people believed that the people could no longer obtain the prior level of their excellence. Because of their naughtiness, Hillary's government now stepped in to fine them, tax them and to throw them into prison.
Now off in the distance were devious little people wanting a piece of Hillary's lucrative position. Instead of them asking the people if they wanted their blue sky back, as one would expect, they argued that they could lead them to freedom. While this moved the people to rebel against Hillary's legal precedent, it only caused them even more torment as the blue sky they were once under grew even darker and still they couldn't hit those apples in the tree.
Moral to the story:
We will never obtain freedom, equality and responsibility by aiming at freedom, equality and responsibility. We will only obtain these prerequisites by aiming higher towards that of our Civil-Purpose. While measures are necessary at times to keep the sky shining blue, we should always beware of such means becoming legal precedents that cloud over the clear purpose of the Civil-Purpose. The clear purpose is that which is self-evidently true and unalienably a natural right. It was for this reason that a king's soul was judged a tyrant and a new nation was formed under a more perfect government.

Once upon a time someone made ridiculous metaphorical analogies and became schizophrenically obsessed with lawyers and started posting insane nonsensical shit all over a message board.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Once upon a time someone made ridiculous metaphorical analogies and became schizophrenically obsessed with lawyers and started posting insane nonsensical shit all over a message board.

Once we were committed to the mental hospital because the world looked crazy to us. Now the world we exit into is crazy when we have to leave the mental hospital.
Lawyers think that they are rational, but I am not a lawyer in that I know that I am not rational.

pcosmar
02-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Xenophage
02-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Once we were committed to the mental hospital because the world looked crazy to us. Now the world we exit into is crazy when we have to leave the mental hospital.
Lawyers think that they are rational, but I am not a lawyer in that I know that I am not rational.

You should take a while to try and decide if you're a single, individual entity or a collective of disparate thought patterns.

We are Borg.

pcosmar
02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
You should take a while to try and decide if you're a single, individual entity or a collective of disparate thought patterns.

We are Borg.

This,:D

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/379597714_7e44c8c557_o.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Before we comment today on what it is to be an American, we need to understand what it meant to be an American living in the United States during its infancy. The Revolutionary war didn't have to happen. A smart king could have read The Declaration of Independence and submitted to it. Americans could have lost to the British but, as The Declaration of Independence clearly states as a natural law of self-evident truths and unalienable natural rights, its people would have still won out.