PDA

View Full Version : Homeless families face strict new rules

WarDog
02-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Advocates for the homeless decried the proposal, which comes at a time when more homeless families are seeking beds in state shelters and remaining there longer. This month, the state is providing shelter for a record of nearly 2,700 families - one-quarter of them cramming for weeks at a time in expensive, often unsuitable motel rooms.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/02/17/homeless_families_face_strict_new_rules/

Johnnybags
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
this weekend, the St Francis house which feeds the poor was absolutely jammed like never before. It was not the typical street people we have had forever but a new breed of people, I dare say much like us. Sad o Sad. And every other storefront was for lease or sale. Looked like a war zone almost or something out of a old movie in the depression. The Washington cancer on America is spreading fast.

TonySutton
02-17-2009, 11:40 AM
this weekend, the St Francis house which feeds the poor was absolutely jammed like never before. It was not the typical street people we have had forever but a new breed of people, I dare say much like us. Sad o Sad. And every other storefront was for lease or sale. Looked like a war zone almost or something out of a old movie in the depression. The Washington cancer on America is spreading fast.

When people see things like this they need to video and interview people involved just like regular reporters and then post it to youtube. We can not count on MSM to tell the story. We must do it ourselves!

angelatc
02-17-2009, 01:38 PM
This sounds like housing for the conservative homeless. I don't have a problem with it.

Let the churches pick up the overflow.

HOLLYWOOD
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
There's millions of vacant homes across the nation... I'm sure someone can come up with a great plan to occupy all those homes for American Families.

There's so much potential, yet lack of government sense, but that's usually the scenario of government lack, and FAIL to react.