PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek: GOP must outsource itself

lynnf
02-17-2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/184575

To Win, The GOP Must Outsource Itself
It's not Obama's charisma, or past missteps that are keeping the Republican Party in the wilderness. To come back, the GOP needs to take a page from the Democratic ground game.

The Republican brand has virtually failed at the federal level and is falling like a rock at the state tier. How did this seismic shift come about? There were lots of contributing factors, one of which is that the party leadership has failed to show independent voters or their own base that they stand for something. But the most important factor was that Republicans have been completely out-organized by Democrats. And in what is surely the greatest irony of modern political history, they did it by stealing a chapter from the Republican policy playbook, the one called "privatization."

lynn

constituent
02-17-2009, 08:59 AM
If we are the party of entrepreneurs, privatization and innovation, then we'd better start acting like it. Otherwise it's going to be a long political winter.

naaah, the GOP is the party of hereditary principle, undeserved and unearned self-righteous indignation, and a general loathing of all individuals that their buttoned-up over-starched carcasses deem to be "trash."

let the current guard fail before allowing yourself to become unwitting stooges whose words, actions and principles are used to gain political high ground for the existing party apparatus, only to be discarded at their nearest convenience.

Aratus
02-17-2009, 11:57 AM
this article hints at barack obama squeeeeeeking hair's breathe in to a second term if the g.o.p does not find its inate and true historic principles?

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 11:57 AM
TOP SECRET, the gop plans is to eradicate the ron paul republicans and then they will recruit mexicans and illegal aliens into the gop to rebuild the party;) jj

constituent
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
this article hints at barack obama squeeeeeeking hair's breathe in to a second term if the g.o.p does not find its inate and true historic principles?

demagoguery

Athan
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
TOP SECRET, the gop plans is to eradicate the ron paul republicans and then they will recruit mexicans and illegal aliens into the gop to rebuild the party;) jj

That actually seems like what they are trying to do.

IPSecure
02-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Ron Paul Forums Offers Outsourcing To The GOP!

coyote_sprit
02-17-2009, 12:37 PM
How many people in the comment section realize that since the DEMs have taken control of the house, senate and presidency that nothing has changed?

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Ron Paul Forums Offers Outsourcing To The GOP!

LOVE IT;) i doubt the GOP could comprehend anything on this forum, it already goes over their own heads:)

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 01:11 PM
How many people in the comment section realize that since the DEMs have taken control of the house, senate and presidency that nothing has changed?

spare some change?

centure7
02-17-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/184575
one of which is that the party leadership has failed to show independent voters or their own base that they stand for something.

When I started voting I voted Republican on the basis they stood for smaller government. Ooops! Young and naive is my excuse. It was the first time I was "of age" to vote for president. I was seriously thinking after Bush was elected: "Wow this is great, now that the guys who want small government are in charge things are going to be awesome!"

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
When I started voting I voted Republican on the basis they stood for smaller government. Ooops! Young and naive is my excuse. It was the first time I was "of age" to vote for president. I was seriously thinking after Bush was elected: "Wow this is great, now that the guys who want small government are in charge things are going to be awesome!"

shakes me head, i hear you.