PDA

View Full Version : **Toilet Tax! per flush**

Pauls' Revere
02-17-2009, 12:03 AM
No lie they want to push a tax for each flush.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,27574,24657270-5006009,00.html

Cowlesy
02-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Those crazy wallaby lovers...

coyote_sprit
02-17-2009, 01:18 AM
I'd be bankrupt if that happened here, I flush for the most trivial of things. A single sheet of toilet paper is grounds for flushing.

nobody's_hero
02-17-2009, 05:23 AM
How much do they tax you to take a crap on your elected official's lawn?

(Just kiddin'. I wouldn't do that. —I'd let my dog do it.)

Valli6
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
JAIL CONSIDERS MAKING INMATES PAY FOR TOILET PAPER
"Inmates at the Des Moines County jail in Burlington may have to begin paying for toilet paper. ..."
The county budget director says it could save could save more than $2,300.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0209/594424.html

I heard this story on TV, where they mentioned the sheriff's doubtful comment, "But what do you do for the guy that doesn't have a dollar for toilet paper?!

Pauls' Revere
02-17-2009, 12:17 PM
"Inmates at the Des Moines County jail in Burlington may have to begin paying for toilet paper. ..."

I heard this story on TV, where they mentioned the sheriff's doubtful comment, "But what do you do for the guy that doesn't have a dollar for toilet paper?!

Proper handwashing with anti bacterial soap.

Acala
02-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Corn cobs

micahnelson
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Guys you need to read the article and not just read the gorram headlines.

The aussies are looking to move to a per use fee for sewage instead of a percentage of your estates value. It makes sense. Why should John Flushalot pay less than Jane DontFlushNone for sewage treatment- when John uses the service more than Jane.

It isn't a tax, you are using water so you are paying for its use. The headline was bait, and you took it. <Sound of a reel>

Matt Collins
02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
That's a shitty tax

Crash Martinez
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Guys you need to read the article and not just read the gorram headlines.

The aussies are looking to move to a per use fee for sewage instead of a percentage of your estates value. It makes sense. Why should John Flushalot pay less than Jane DontFlushNone for sewage treatment- when John uses the service more than Jane.

It isn't a tax, you are using water so you are paying for its use. The headline was bait, and you took it. <Sound of a reel>

Oh I see, it's not a TAX, it's a mandatory fee payable to the government for monopolized services!

Thanks for clearing that up!

micahnelson
02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Oh I see, it's not a TAX, it's a mandatory fee payable to the government for monopolized services!

Thanks for clearing that up!

Yep. There is a difference. And at least now they are discussing a fee based on use (Water Meters), instead of being based on perceived ability to pay (Value of Estate).

dsentell
02-17-2009, 03:44 PM
OMG! Gerald Celente said there would be a toilet tax!

Of course, he meant in the United States.

Hubby came up with a wonderful plan. If this country turns to a toilet tax, be sure to run down to the City Hall (or some government building) everytime you need relief! :)

agitator
02-17-2009, 04:17 PM
It sounds like they are adopting what we already do here. Water usage is tied to paying for the sewage system.

Pauls' Revere
02-18-2009, 10:21 PM
I already pay a water bill flat rate use per my city ordinance. Even during droughts...crazy, no matter how much you use. Cost are simply averaged out per capitia and spread like butter over toast. Yum don't you just love government?

hadenough
02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
That's a shitty tax

Yea, that pisses me off.

Wendi
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
I already pay a water bill flat rate use per my city ordinance. Even during droughts...crazy, no matter how much you use. Cost are simply averaged out per capitia and spread like butter over toast. Yum don't you just love government?

We had something like that, except it was a neighborhood co-op for a well rather than a city-provided service. We paid a flat fee that basically divided the cost of upkeep amongst those using it. There was no city sewage, either, so no issues of use there. Apparently the city didn't like it, because they hide all sorts of other taxes in the "sewer" tax, like those for operating 911 services, etc. So they manufactured a b.s. reason to shut down the well and force us onto city water, presumably for our own safety.

A few months later, residents were warned that children and pregnant women should avoid drinking the city water and others should limit their consumption due to the supply containing unacceptable levels of a known carcinogen.

:mad:

enjerth
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
OMG! Gerald Celente said there would be a toilet tax!

Of course, he meant in the United States.

Hubby came up with a wonderful plan. If this country turns to a toilet tax, be sure to run down to the City Hall (or some government building) everytime you need relief! :)

Then you may need to insert a quarter every time you use a public toilet just to lift the lid.

Hey, man, can you spare a quarter? I gotta take a shit real bad!

torchbearer
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with a user tax.
If you use it, you pay for it.
If you don't use it, you don't pay for it.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
You are all missing the point.

This has nothing at all to do with the proper apportionment of fees and taxes.

This has everything to do with getting further into the finest minutia of you life for the carbon regulations that are coming.

Every drop of water, every watt of electricity, every mile you drive, every gallon of fuel, every ounce of plastic, every cubic foot of gas will be monitored, regulated and rationed under carbon swaps, taxes and rationing.

Or shut off completely.

Pauls' Revere
02-20-2009, 12:54 AM
You are all missing the point.

This has nothing at all to do with the proper apportionment of fees and taxes.

This has everything to do with getting further into the finest minutia of you life for the carbon regulations that are coming.

Every drop of water, every watt of electricity, every mile you drive, every gallon of fuel, every ounce of plastic, every cubic foot of gas will be monitored, regulated and rationed under carbon swaps, taxes and rationing.

Or shut off completely.

ugh...you have hit upon it exactly. They will then shut down your debit card and rfid chip etc so you are no longer able to function in society.

Anti Federalist
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
ugh...you have hit upon it exactly. They will then shut down your debit card and rfid chip etc so you are no longer able to function in society.

Bingo.

Because the "carbon regulations" are just a sideshow as well.

It all boils down to gaining complete and utter control over every aspect of your life.

Think about how it is now: we have a federal monstrosity that can regulate toilets (that don't flush) and light bulbs (that don't light - incandescent bulbs to be outlawed by 2010) and what quantity of butterfat can be in your milk.

Not a stretch at all to complete the circle and just take control of all of it.

Matt Collins
03-11-2011, 02:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELDHaeEsNF0

Elwar
03-15-2011, 11:23 AM
So, if Australians have to pay to flush a toilet that flushes counter-clockwise...does that mean that we make money per flush when it goes clockwise here in the US?

juvanya
03-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I say we take all our soiled paper and dump it on the government headquarters.

MelissaWV
03-19-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm sure someone's mentioned it, but we already have a "per flush" tax: the water bill.