PDA

View Full Version : Will Ron Paul run in 2012?

Shotdown1027
02-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Find out (http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/02/will-ron-paul-run-in-2012/).

Vet_from_cali
02-16-2009, 11:26 PM
very doubtful

amonasro
02-16-2009, 11:30 PM
very doubtful

I hope so. It would give the movement a HUGE push in the right direction. But part of me thinks that Ron Paul is human, and... well ultimately it's up to him.

PreDeadMan
02-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I hope Ron Paul decides to run one last time before he hangs up the towel. We need his wisdom and support in educating the sheeple to wake up and make a REAL change.

Freedom 4 all
02-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm sure the CFL will put up someone good. If it's Paul, that's a best case scenario. If not, then they will put up someone like Ventura or Johnson. It's the ideas, not the man, that is important.

Toureg89
02-17-2009, 08:58 PM
It's the ideas, not the man, that is important.

this is hardly the case.

Obama got elected on the hallow ideas of "hope" and "change", and yet ron paul failed to get elected, to even the republican nomination, on ideas of the Constitution, individuality, freedom and liberty, the Bill of Rights, exc.

seems like one needs the right man as much as one needs the right ideas.

now, whether or not RP is the right man, is a different matter.

but, seeing as how this forum is semi-dedicated to him, it stands that the man has inspired a large number of people.

but, perhaps, there will be another man, who will take off from where Paul left off.

qh4dotcom
02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
You all seem to have forgotten that right after Ron Paul dropped out in June and started the Campaign for Liberty, the RonPaul2008.com website showed a thank you message from Ron Paul saying that Ron Paul would continue to spread the liberty message until his last breath and that was a promise.

So RP would have to break his promise by not running in 2012 since there is no better way to continue spreading the message than running for president.

anaconda
02-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sure he will at least go out and campaign for the platform or on behalf of a candidate(s). I have a theory that he may end up on someone's ticket as V.P.

anaconda
02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
You all seem to have forgotten that right after Ron Paul dropped out in June and started the Campaign for Liberty, the RonPaul2008.com website showed a thank you message from Ron Paul saying that Ron Paul would continue to spread the liberty message until his last breath and that was a promise.

So RP would have to break his promise by not running in 2012 since there is no better way to continue spreading the message than running for president.

Exactly. Plus he'll be more popular than ever next time which I would think would be very gratifying for him, and give him some extra energy to draw on. Furthermore, the serious campaigning gets rolling in about in just about 28 months. That's not far off. It will be interesting to see if Obama is contested by other Democrats. I have a feeling Kucinich will rip him a gaping you know what when the time comes. If Obama gets really battered in the next two years the Dems may pull their own coup against him. I have said that a Kucinich/Paul 3rd Party run would get a lot of attention. The current fascist GOP really needs another false flag. I think 2012 will be lower voter turn out among Dems and the GOP and a surge for third parties.

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm sure the CFL will put up someone good. If it's Paul, that's a best case scenario. If not, then they will put up someone like Ventura or Johnson. It's the ideas, not the man, that is important.

i hear you:) i am kinda of hoping we enjoy the next 4yrs of obama and by that time Ron Paul will be a blessing for the gop:)

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 09:40 PM

Yep RON PAUL 2012, I AM READY

Crash Martinez
02-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Ron Paul is old.

Guys, he'll be like 76!

Is there no one else in this country to whom he could pass the torch?

Krugerrand
02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Ron Paul is old.

Guys, he'll be like 76!

Is there no one else in this country to whom he could pass the torch?

As we've seen with the GOP in the past ... it's not too difficult to talk the talk. RP has put his votes where his mouth his. It will take time to get another person to build up as reliable a history as RP. So, hopefully he'll run again while we work on getting some other people in the house and senate to build a solid voting record.

Crash Martinez
02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
As we've seen with the GOP in the past ... it's not too difficult to talk the talk. RP has put his votes where his mouth his. It will take time to get another person to build up as reliable a history as RP. So, hopefully he'll run again while we work on getting some other people in the house and senate to build a solid voting record.

Well, you're certainly right about that... But just for Dr. Paul's sake, I would say at his age we sure couldn't blame him for declining to run.

brandon
02-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Based on the cover art of the first issue of YAR and the way they are hyping the interview, it is clear that Ron Paul's answer is not "no."

http://www.yaliberty.org/images/yar-med.jpg

Most likely his answer is "maybe" and he will probably elaborate on the conditions that must be met for him to run in 2012.

Assuming Paul and Mrs. Paul stay in good health for the next year, I am pretty confident he will put together an exploratory committee before 2010, and most likely a full blown campaign shorty after.

Young Americans For Liberty are laying the groundwork to build a extremely strong grassroots network at the universities. This magazine cover is putting it into student's heads that it is reasonable to both assume Paul will run, and that he will in the nomination. I already donated $100 to YAL, and if any of you really want to see Paul win in 2012, you should do the same.

roho76
02-18-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm sure he will at least go out and campaign for the platform or on behalf of a candidate(s). I have a theory that he may end up on someone's ticket as V.P.

I think this is a more likely scenario. I think this would be better in fact for a number of reasons:

1. There are many that think the VP is the brains of the bunch after the Bush's reign. So this will be a wolf in sheep's clothing for Liberty.

2. RP won't be hogging the spotlight. Which I don't think he's to comfortable with anyways.

NationaliseIt
02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Will RP actually dedicate himself to the campaign this time (using campaign time to write a book and siphoning funds to a congressional campaign isn't dedication)?

Will he also shut himself off from controversial sources? Interviews and reports about the general campaign processes revealed that within established circles RP was seen little more than a joke for being so desperate to accept aid that his campaign eventually became a travelling circus of racists, conspiracy nuts, yes men, and Timothy McVeigh idolisers. I've seen the attitude on this forum that the truthers and Alex Jones subscribers provided a "valuable service" to the campaign and shouldn't be discarded, but at what cost?

His politics/message are actually fairly well liked, but his image has been tainted and by the end he became little more than a figure of ridicule.

JoshLowry
02-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Will RP actually dedicate himself to the campaign this time (using campaign time to write a book and siphoning funds to a congressional campaign isn't dedication)?

Will he also shut himself off from controversial sources? Interviews and reports about the general campaign processes revealed that within established circles RP was seen little more than a joke for being so desperate to accept aid that his campaign eventually became a travelling circus of racists, conspiracy nuts, yes men, and Timothy McVeigh idolisers. I've seen the attitude on this forum that the truthers and Alex Jones subscribers provided a "valuable service" to the campaign and shouldn't be discarded, but at what cost?

His politics/message are actually fairly well liked, but his image has been tainted and by the end he became little more than a figure of ridicule.

He didn't write the book, Thomas Woods was the ghostwriter while Ron Paul edited small parts.

I followed Ron Paul in Iowa twice, New Hampshire once, and all over Texas. He gave it 110% no doubt in my mind.

I'd say one of the problems of the campaign was that he was in a protected bubble and the people who made up that bubble did not allow certain criticisms to leak in.

He did not move funds to his congressional campaign until it was pretty damn obvious he was not going anywhere as the GOP nominee.

His campaign was made up of every flavor out there. Freedom is popular. Even the racists and those who distrust government like it.

NationaliseIt
02-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Then he and his successors are doomed to failure despite how many times they run.

Remove the cancer or die.

Crash Martinez
02-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the advice, "NationaliseIt."
:rolleyes:

Feenix566
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
It's the ideas, not the man, that is important.

I agree. We're all here because Ron Paul's ideas appealed to us. If someone else runs in the Republican primaries on the same platform in 2012, we'll get just as excited about it. We'll see if we can WIN the primary this time.

If we can't win the primary, then we'll end up with another four years of government expansion regardless of who wins the general election.

Vet_from_cali
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
well, he still runs, and i assume he's in good shape physically. so i wouldnt throw him out just because of his age, he has taken good care of himself thus far.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Find out (http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2009/02/will-ron-paul-run-in-2012/).
Run for what? Leader of the NWO?

Sandra
02-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Run for what? Leader of the NWO?

If RP is heading the NWO, we're OK. :p

tribute_13
02-18-2009, 05:49 PM
At first, I figured since he is getting WAY more media exposure and more people agreeing with him and the GOP kissing his ass to get our support he might be in a damn good position to run again. And with all of us learning our mistakes from 2008 we would be better prepared to raise money and raise hell at the State Conventions. However I got an email from CFL saying Ron Paul was handing over the Revolution[Grassroots] to some other guy while he continues his fight in Congress so I don't know if he will anymore.

Vet_from_cali
02-18-2009, 06:29 PM
its gonna be palin Vs. paul in 2012

lol....

cindy25
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
by 2012 it could be a perfect storm. a Mr. Chips moment.

Churchill became PM at 66; Adenauer was 73 when he became Chancellor.

and 66 in 1940, or 73 in 1949 was a much more physically older than 76 in 2012

AggieforPaul
02-19-2009, 12:57 AM
I really want Ron paul. Im not not as comfortable with some of the other potential candidates out there. None of them have the integrity, intelligence, or ideological purity of Paul.

libertarian4321
02-19-2009, 04:17 AM
If RP decides to run again, I'm behind him.

However, I got the impression that he wasn't planning to run for President again- he'll be 76, and running for President is a grueling job even for a younger man.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he didn't run again, though I'm sure he'll do his best to help candidates with similar views.

speciallyblend
02-19-2009, 10:40 AM

bump for thor

misterx
02-19-2009, 10:49 AM
I hope so. He's getting more exposure and respect now in the MSM, to the point where he could be considered a first-tier candidate in 2012.

Perry
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
There is no question in my mind whatsoever that Paul will run again in 2012. Absolutely.

Call Me V
02-19-2009, 11:15 AM
The stage is set for Ron Paul in 2012. Its then or never.

Gaius1981
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Hopefully Lew Rockwell or whoever wrote those racist newsletters in Paul's name will step forward and take responsibility if Paul decides to run in 2012 -- he can't have that hanging over him.

Todd
02-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I hope so. He's getting more exposure and respect now in the MSM, to the point where he could be considered a first-tier candidate in 2012.

Gosh I hope so too...but you know how fickle the MSM can be. You're their boy today, and then tomorrow they stab you in the back when they think you'll upset their little operation.

Peace&Freedom
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Hopefully Lew Rockwell or whoever wrote those racist newsletters in Paul's name will step forward and take responsibility if Paul decides to run in 2012 -- he can't have that hanging over him.

The trouble is, the newsletters weren't 'racist' (just brash and careless in making certain comments, like blogs often are). From the copious discussion of the matter last year on these forums, the understanding is whoever wrote them was appropriately dealt with at the time, and it would be double-punishing him to be revisiting the matter now. The best approach is to answer people who bring it up with a "that was answered long ago, move forward" meme.

zara oly
02-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Plus he'll be more popular than ever next time which I would think would be very gratifying for him, and give him some extra energy to draw on. Furthermore, the serious campaigning gets rolling in about in just about 28 months. That's not far off. It will be interesting to see if Obama is contested by other Democrats. I have a feeling Kucinich will rip him a gaping you know what when the time comes. If Obama gets really battered in the next two years the Dems may pull their own coup against him. I have said that a Kucinich/Paul 3rd Party run would get a lot of attention. The current fascist GOP really needs another false flag. I think 2012 will be lower voter turn out among Dems and the GOP and a surge for third parties.

I have to say, Kucinich as POTUS and Ron Paul as VP just don't mix. Isn't that like oil and water. Any gov't Kicinich proposes would surely be an anathema to
Ron Paul's philosophy of small gov't.

In fact the movement is undermined once any body suggests abandoning Ron Paul at this point. If he runs 2012, he will have a great chance of winning. Some are starting to think he might be too old come 2012 for POTUS. According to Doug Wead (http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/), many great leaders have risen to office in their twilight years.

On the other hand, I think Ron Paul is interested in becoming the old kindling to light a new idea - freedom. A huge, oppressive government has been tried before, but freedom is a new idea. That's what he said, and he might only be interested in popularizing the idea of freedom, rather than become head of an empire.

dr. hfn
02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
we will raise 100 million when he announces!

pcosmar
02-20-2009, 01:07 PM
If Ron Paul ran he would have my full support.
However, believing that there will be a 2012 election is highly optimistic. I am presently hoping to survive that long. We'll see when it gets here. :cool:

Peace&Freedom
02-20-2009, 01:43 PM
If Paul announces he's running, he needs to make clear he will be running to win, and back it up with bringing in serious campaign people (as viewed by the grassroots) to make it happen. If it's Moore and Benton front and center again, forget it, we've already lost. Paul also needs to be definite from the start, yes or no (and preferably yes), in answering if he will go third party/independent if he can't get the GOP nomination. Many people got involved with the Revolution because they earnestly wanted to see Paul on the ballot on Election Day, and may not want to invest the same energy again without that guarantee.

Nothing was more disheartening than my having to host a meetup last Feb. 9, the day after Paul had announced he was "winding down" the campaign. Suddenly we were all dressed up, with no place to go---and our numbers dissipated from that height. The entire nationwide machine that was built up by that point would have stayed with Paul and money bombed him all the way into the election. He would have easily been nominated by two liberty parties (CP and LP) who were united behind him. We would have finally seen what a properly funded, insurgent grassroots candidate could accomplish in the general election. Paul needs to not leave the movement 'suddenly stranded' again on his second attempt.

trey4sports
02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
if paul announces he's running, he needs to make clear he will be running to win, and back it up with bringing in serious campaign people (as viewed by the grassroots) to make it happen. If it's moore and benton front and center again, forget it, we've already lost. Paul also needs to be definite from the start, yes or no (and preferably yes), in answering if he will go third party/independent if he can't get the gop nomination. Many people got involved with the revolution because they earnestly wanted to see paul on the ballot on election day, and may not want to invest the same energy again without that guarantee.

Nothing was more disheartening than my having to host a meetup last feb. 9, the day after paul had announced he was "winding down" the campaign. Suddenly we were all dressed up, with no place to go---and our numbers dissipated from that height. The entire nationwide machine that was built up by that point would have stayed with paul and money bombed him all the way into the election. He would have easily been nominated by two liberty parties (cp and lp) who were united behind him. We would have finally seen what a properly funded, insurgent grassroots candidate could accomplish in the general election. Paul needs to not leave the movement 'suddenly stranded' again his second attempt.

qft

Shotdown1027
02-21-2009, 01:20 PM
So--who signed up to get the magazine? YAL is aiming to to get this magazine put out monthly--it'd be like the Revolution's own magazine. Plus, every subscription helps the Youth Movement, YAL, to become a more formidable opponent.

Austin
02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
So--who signed up to get the magazine? YAL is aiming to to get this magazine put out monthly--it'd be like the Revolution's own magazine. Plus, every subscription helps the Youth Movement, YAL, to become a more formidable opponent.

I'm not a member of YAL (yet) but I am a (forming) Chapter President, and I will be traveling to CPAC to volunteer.

I hear they will have a few thousand copies of the magazine to hand out.... Maybe I'll leak something here. ;)

brandon
02-21-2009, 09:01 PM

I did