PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama: Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk

FrankRep
02-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Barack Obama: Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t8GdxFYBU

7 Broken Promises:

1. Make Government Open and Transparent
2. Make it "Impossible" for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
6. You'll know what's in it (Republican Senators didnt know)
7. We will put every pork barrel project online

zach
02-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Is he trying to make the citizens his bitch?

"Nobody likes it, people don't have time to read it, but since you're getting upset, you get five days to read it, so yay, problem solved!"

amonasro
02-16-2009, 05:50 PM
With all the new huge stimulus bills likely to be coming though, that's like an English teacher saying, "You all have five days to read War and Peace. GO!"

MsDoodahs
02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I cannot believe it. He said something very similar to this JUST NOW in his speech before he signs the pork bill.

What a fucking lying sack of shit he is.

Oh, but the Obamabots are swooning...morons.

acptulsa
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
With all the new huge stimulus bills likely to be coming though, that's like an English teacher saying, "You all have five days to read War and Peace. GO!"

More like saying you have five hours to read War and Peace. And you're not excused from math class to do it...

Bruno
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Fox: "While he was speaking, the Dow reached its lows for the day." :)

A. Havnes
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
More like saying you have five hours to read War and Peace. And you're not excused from math class to do it...

If that's the case, then may I read The Revolution: A Manifesto instead? :D

Truth Warrior
02-17-2009, 02:40 PM
So the Kenyan POTUS lies and lied too. So what? That's hardly a precedent setting activity in US presidential history.

lynnf
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
So the Kenyan POTUS lies and lied too. So what? That's hardly a precedent setting activity in US presidential history.

but he's likely to take it to new lows (or highs if you look at it that way).

lynn