PDA

View Full Version : Are we smarter than the Russians?

LiveFree79
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm following this state secession issue very closely. I could see this coming to fruition and states actually distancing themselves from the Federal government legally as people become more pissed off and divided. I've heard that Montana is introducing a bill that would make its citizens exempt from Federal Gun laws. THAT IS SERIOUS! I mean this could spark a major civil war ala civil war under Lincoln.

Look at what happened to Russia. All these nations claiming sovereignty and independence. Why would the states in our country be immune from a movement like this? I see this as a bigger threat than any nuke attack or other false flag attack. What do you guys think? This is all kind of happening right now under the radar. Very interesting.

This could create a snowball effect. Why would states stop with gun legislation. Why not fight to create their own economy aka print their own money. The American revolution all over again.

ihsv
02-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Are we smarter than the Russians?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVkjCQCTOEI

We shall see

Zippyjuan
02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
The Russian states which are declaring independence were independent states before the Soviet Union took them over. That is very different from states in the United States. No US states are seriously considering secceding.

LiveFree79
02-16-2009, 03:08 PM
The Russian states which are declaring independence were independent states before the Soviet Union took them over. That is very different from states in the United States. No US states are seriously considering secceding.

Good point. But I disagree with your last statement absolutely. Like I said Montana is supposedly passing legislation that would make citizens exempt from Federal gun laws. That is a very serious move on Montana's part. I'm not saying secession is going to happen over night. But to say it's impossible is naive.

TonySutton
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I am willing to move to the first state which has the balls to secede :P

ihsv
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
As I say, we shall see. As things pick up speed, the survival and self-preservation instinct kicks in... whether it be with individuals or governments.

LiveFree79
02-16-2009, 03:13 PM

You are not the only American. I would pick up in a heartbeat and move to a state like Montana if that was the case. I live in CA and people, harworking middle class Americans are absolutely fed up and are leaving in droves. Taxes, gun laws, health freedom, small business.

Xenophage
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Our Lincoln-Idolizer-in-Chief would launch nukes at a state that seceded.

Kludge
02-16-2009, 03:39 PM

We'll see what happens when they "need" to impose desperate measures to ensure they remain "free" from "U.S. Tyranny". For the Union (of communities)!

Redmenace
02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Our Lincoln-Idolizer-in-Chief would launch nukes at a state that seceded.

If Montana, my home state, were to succede, we would become the world's 4th largest nuclear power. There are hundereds of silos beneath our eastern plains.

FrankRep
02-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

paulitics
02-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I can certainly see a state like Montana seceeding.

constituent
02-16-2009, 07:06 PM
We'll see what happens when they "need" to impose desperate measures to ensure they remain "free" from "U.S. Tyranny". For the Union (of communities)!

precisely.

sailor
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
No you are not smarter than the Russians. The Russians fight their government all the time. 1905, 1917, 1991, 1993.

When was the last time for Americans? 1791?

constituent
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
p.s.,

what's this "we" shit, anyway?

bill50
02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
No we're not. Both countries have been sucked into the idiocy of communism.

SWATH
02-17-2009, 10:22 AM
We're not even smarter than 5th graders.

heavenlyboy34
02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
No you are not smarter than the Russians. The Russians fight their government all the time. 1905, 1917, 1991, 1993.

Plus several notable occasions prior to these. ;):D

heavenlyboy34
02-17-2009, 10:25 AM
No we're not. Both countries have been sucked into the idiocy of communism.
qft :(:p:mad:

Toureg89
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm following this state secession issue very closely. I could see this coming to fruition and states actually distancing themselves from the Federal government legally as people become more pissed off and divided.

sure that could happen :confused:

or not. did you notice how many "republican" state governors are accepting federal "stimulus" money?

22 governors, iirc.

thats 1/2 the US that has said it is willing to forgoe its freedoms in exchange for money.

what do you think the other 1/2 will do?

Zippyjuan
02-17-2009, 08:53 PM
sure that could happen :confused:

or not. did you notice how many "republican" state governors are accepting federal "stimulus" money?

22 governors, iirc.

thats 1/2 the US that has said it is willing to forgoe its freedoms in exchange for money.

what do you think the other 1/2 will do?

Red states tend to receive more government money than the taxpayers in their state send to Washington while blue states tend to send more money in than they get back. Republicans are not shy about taking things from others to benefit themselves.

qh4dotcom
02-17-2009, 09:24 PM
As far as I know, Putin is the only world leader that is blaming the U.S for the global recession.

libertarian4321
02-19-2009, 04:27 AM
If Montana, my home state, were to succede, we would become the world's 4th largest nuclear power. There are hundereds of silos beneath our eastern plains.

How long do you think the newly independent state of Montana would hold those nukes, if they could even get ahold of them to begin with (which is highly unlikely)?

A day, tops? Probably less, a brigade from the 82nd Airborne would be there in a matter of hours.

libertarian4321
02-19-2009, 04:28 AM

How has that worked out for the Russians? Have they been more successful than the USA?

BTW, I think you left out the Civil War.

Stary Hickory
02-19-2009, 09:03 AM

I'll go to. I would love to be in a free society with a TRUE free market. Self determination and hard work would be rewarded for a change.