PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here really serious about fighting freedom?

dude58677
02-16-2009, 12:14 PM
You'll pass out flyers and campaign for candidates but are you and the candidates really going to to be serious about ending government corruption or are you just whining about it? I think that is what it will end up being" All talk and no action".

http://www.gopetition.com/online/25344.html

NEPA_Revolution
02-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Is anyone here really serious about fighting freedom?

No.

Jeremy
02-16-2009, 12:22 PM
I volunteered for BJ Lawson. I have no doubt in my mind that Lawson would be on the front lines, defending our freedom like Ron Paul in the House.

Sandra
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
You'll pass out flyers and campaign for candidates but are you and the candidates really going to to be serious about ending government corruption or are you just whining about it? I think that is what it will end up being" All talk and no action".

What knowledge do you have to bestow on us because you're doing the same thing you're complaining about.

Kludge
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
No.

Tee hee.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/incompetence.jpg

Original_Intent
02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
No.

Lol +1

TruthisTreason
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm making a Liberty ballon to pull all of the hot air I can find in and fly to freedom! ;)

I'm getting involved and educated in politics, I'm sure many of us have our plan of action.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win . Mohandas Gandh

We're still getting laughed at.;)

Original_Intent
02-16-2009, 12:38 PM

OK seriously other than your title being completely assinine, getting out and doing the grunt work and perservering as Ron Paul has for decades - that takes a lot more guts and is a lot more meaningful that whatever you are proposing - which I assume is something like an armed march on Washington DC ro something similar that would do nothing more than decapitate the Freedom movement. For NOW education not violence is the key.

But by all means, feel free to show all us "all talk and no action" types what we should be doing.

Ex Post Facto
02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Ecclesiastes 3:1

1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

You're time to fight is not now. Right now in a population that is brainwashed (but awakening each day) your best fight is education and showing love, spreading peace.

Jeremy
02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Hmm maybe we should resurrect the BLIMP!!!!11

Ex Post Facto
02-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Hmm maybe we should resurrect the BLIMP!!!!11

Yeah send chip in's to me :)

JamesButabi
02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
well im commiting to move my whole life to be active with others. www.freestateproject.org Id say thats a pretty big step.

mport1
02-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Most people are not or they would be signed up for the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org) so we could actually get 20,000 people and make some real change instead of wasting valuable time, effort, and resources at the federal level.

A. Havnes
02-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm serious about fighting for freedom, not fighting freedom. If it comes to literal fighting, I'm all for that, too. However, before we begin to build up the baricades, let us take a lesson from Lés Miserables, as their movement pretty much ended when the government's forces arrived and slaughtered them.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Ex Post Facto
02-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Most people are not or they would be signed up for the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org) so we could actually get 20,000 people and make some real change instead of wasting valuable time, effort, and resources at the federal level.

With 21 States now entertaining the notion of free states the options for me become much greater. I plan to relocate to one of those states that adopts these measures, and to which hold them accountable to it. New Hampshire is just too cold for me.

DeadheadForPaul
02-16-2009, 01:13 PM

Some of us love our families, friends, and land in a particular location. We call this location 'home' - though the word is not sufficient for the feelings, meaning, and history tied to this place. I will not leave it for any reason - whether it be job opportunities or by the wicked force of an oppressive government

My home is here, and I will not abandon it to the statists. You fight for liberty in your home, and I'll fight for it here :)

Though I agree that we must focus on local and state efforts rather than federal ones. It's great to run candidates for federal office because the masses pay more attention to those - hence, it spreads awareness. However, I advocate focusing on the local and state races where you can have an immediate impact on your local community

Aakron
02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Personally I'm creating website based on *specific actions* that people may actually do and act on to promote liberty. I'm tired of the talking as well, and as far as I'm concerned whether or not people are willing to truly willing to do something will determine whether I succeed or fail. And by the way, there is already a similar website similar to the one I'm making: DownsizeDC.com But that is only a little bit similar because ultimately all they want to do is solve problems by talking. But that is not how problems are solved! I want our campaigns to be based on action.

Elwar
02-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I go on websites and post messages about liberty. And by websites I mean ronpaulforums.com.

A. Havnes
02-16-2009, 01:39 PM

How would moving to NH start a movement? 21 States are now following in NH's footsteps, and if we could work to see if we could get at least half of the States to do the same, then someone might take notice. Quite frankly I have obligations in Minnesota, and I am only willing to leave if I have to. For example, if we form an informal military to start a Revolution, I'll leave. However, I think right now it's best to remain where we are and work on trying to change the system, donate to candidates who are going to help our cause, and spread the message.

It's hard to wake others up if we're all concentrated in one State.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 01:56 PM
The petitition to have feceral judges and justices financial assets seized by sheriffs for violating the Constitution under of penalty of perjury is here to sign:

dr. hfn
02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm joining the Free State project when i'm out of college!

dude58677
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
You are all Patriots and I was just trying to motivate you to sign the petition. If you disagree with the way I tried to get you to sign it, I'm very sorry. My apologies.

ItsTime
02-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm making a Liberty ballon to pull all of the hot air I can find in and fly to freedom! ;)

I'm getting involved and educated in politics, I'm sure many of us have our plan of action.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win . Mohandas Gandh

We're still getting laughed at.;)

They tried that and it failed, it was called the blimp :cool:

And also the reason I dont sign online petitions anymore

mport1
02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
How would moving to NH start a movement? 21 States are now following in NH's footsteps, and if we could work to see if we could get at least half of the States to do the same, then someone might take notice. Quite frankly I have obligations in Minnesota, and I am only willing to leave if I have to. For example, if we form an informal military to start a Revolution, I'll leave. However, I think right now it's best to remain where we are and work on trying to change the system, donate to candidates who are going to help our cause, and spread the message.

It's hard to wake others up if we're all concentrated in one State.

By moving to New Hampshire we can concentrate our activism in one small geographic region. Unfortunately our numbers are EXTREMELY small and those who are active in our ranks are small in number as well. We cannot expect to have any success if our activities our dispersed across the country, especially in locations where population is high and thus we have even less influence. Not to mention that creating change at the federal level is a lost cause. There are too many factors against us. There is just no way to make any significant change at the national level under the small amount of time that we need to.

With only a few hundred people who have moved to New Hampshire, there have been successes in the political realm and the realm of market activism like civil disobedience, non-compliance, media, etc. Imagine how successful we could be if 20,000 liberty activists signed and then moved to NH. We would be able to take over the scene and make real changes.

I think it would be much easier to wake others up if we are concentrated in one state. If we are able to force real change in NH than people will take notice unlike they are currently doing when the small bits of activism are dispersed, largely unsuccessful, and drowned out by everything else going on. Additionally, if we are able to scale back the size of government in NH, people will take notice at how freedom does work and hopefully work towards similar goals in their own regions.

Sandra
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
The petitition to have feceral judges and justices financial assets seized by sheriffs for violating the Constitution under of penalty of perjury is here to sign:

Can anyone prove to me the effectiveness of online petitions? What has any of them actually translated into a change in policy?

torchbearer
02-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Can anyone prove to me the effectiveness of online petitions? What has any of them actually translated into a change in policy?

NO petitions are being read or responded to in DC.
Unless you have a lot of money.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 06:05 PM

I've signed petitions banning chemical weapons by the Department of Defense and the bill in Congress passed. I didn't introduce it but it does work.

We're not trying to convince a Congress here, it is just ONE sheriff anywhere in the United States. The Supreme Court Justices are bound by their oath under Article 6 to support the Constitution and not doing so is perjury and there is nothing in the Constitution that says that sheriff can't seize the financial assets of a Supreme Court Justice for violation of the Constitution.

1000-points-of-fright
02-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Petitions are useless. Online petitions are twice as useless.

See Slacktivism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism)

dude58677
02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Petitions are useless. Online petitions are twice as useless.

See Slacktivism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism)

They are not useless for the reasons I said. Do you have a better plan?

Now what will happen after the financial assets are seized is that the US Supreme Court will issue an injunction against the local sheriff to stop seizing assets. The next thing that will happen is the determination of which is the final arbiter of the Constitution, the Supreme Court or the Constitution itself. The Sheriff will have to ignore the injunction and issue more assets seizures of the Justices.

1000-points-of-fright
02-16-2009, 06:41 PM

Now what will happen after the financial assets are seized is that the US Supreme Court will issue an injunction against the local sheriff to stop seizing assets. The next thing that will happen is the determination of which is the final arbiter of the Constitution, the Supreme Court or the Constitution itself. The Sheriff will have to ignore the injunction and issue more assets seizures of the Justices.

Your basic idea of perjury charges for violating the oath of office is good. I've been suggesting the same thing for all government officials for the past couple of years. But even if online petitions were taken seriously, yours would not be. It is poorly written. Your preamble is exactly the same as the body of the petition. You just cut and pasted it.

nate895
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Just because I don't want to move to freezing cold New Hampshire and I would rather live where most of my family lives and has lived for centuries (the South) does not mean I am not committed to freedom.

american.swan
02-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Honestly, I doubt too many people here are very serious. Words are one thing, actions are another. Most people on here would be ashamed to admit that they would probably run to Canada before dying. Not all, but I fear, many homegrown military units will face huge amount of desertions. "I have to make sure my family is safe." will be their most common excuse. Who's to blame them? The members of this forum had better act fast and do everything they can, sign bombs, whatever it takes to have a peaceful revolution, because I fear most of them aren't going to be found when the bullets start flying.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Honestly, I doubt too many people here are very serious. Words are one thing, actions are another. Most people on here would be ashamed to admit that they would probably run to Canada before dying. Not all, but I fear, many homegrown military units will face huge amount of desertions. "I have to make sure my family is safe." will be their most common excuse. Who's to blame them? The members of this forum had better act fast and do everything they can, sign bombs, whatever it takes to have a peaceful revolution, because I fear most of them aren't going to be found when the bullets start flying.

Yep, all I asked for them was to sign a petition. IT IS NOT THAT HARD. There are only 8 signatures( when a 1,000 is needed.

If Burt Rutan only complained about NASA and just wrote books about how it is not good for space and commerical space flight is, we would still never have commercial space flight. That is a true man of his word.

user
02-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Is anyone here really serious about fighting freedom?I hope not.

Sandra
02-16-2009, 07:53 PM

You were the one coming here slamming us for doing nothing. Now prove to us your recommendation to sign an online petitions is effective. "The reasons I said" is not a credible source. Slacktivism, true. Your ball.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
You were the one coming here slamming us for doing nothing. Now prove to us your recommendation to sign an online petitions is effective. "The reasons I said" is not a credible source. Slacktivism, true. Your ball.

What is hard about singing a petition? What is the worst that can happen to you?

satchelmcqueen
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
im willing and ready but here is the problem.

i cant do it alone. i cant do it with 10 people or 100 people. there must be a massive movement from everyone or else it not going to do much. by myself i will go to jail and loose my life and family. everyone must be on board. they cant take all of us, but they can and will take some of us.

Athan
02-17-2009, 12:00 AM
I have to agree with Ex Post Factor. Now is not the time. When the US collapses the time to do something may be at hand. We may have a LOT more of an advantage then, than if we did something stupid now.

Right now we need to gather real assets, grow organized and become a stable mini-economy, and ready defenses against those desperate and caught unprepared.

Then again what the fuck do I know? Maybe it is and I am just to damned optimistic. Just my two cents. (Note: The two cents are 1981 and old and contain 90% copper)

I Am Weasel
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
bump? Or does anybody even care.

I'm number 9 on the petition. Maybe if we get all the members of the forum together we'll have the testicular fortitude to make the double digits.

I'm shocked really, from raising millions online for Ron Paul to not even being able to have 100 people sign petition for the consitution... wait, make that 10 people. mercy.. :mad:

dude58677
02-18-2009, 03:19 PM
bump? Or does anybody even care.

I'm number 9 on the petition. Maybe if we get all the members of the forum together we'll have the testicular fortitude to make the double digits.

I'm shocked really, from raising millions online for Ron Paul to not even being able to have 100 people sign petition for the consitution... wait, make that 10 people. mercy.. :mad:

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Sandra
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM

Your online petition is the problem since it is nothing. What is your next step with an online petition?

Instead, get online and learn how to create a legal petition.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

dude58677
02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Your online petition is the problem since it is nothing. What is your next step with an online petition?

Instead, get online and learn how to create a legal petition.

I'm going to go to any local government in the United States and lobby to them do what is in the proposal.

Could you send me an email with the petition edited?

1000-points-of-fright
02-18-2009, 03:35 PM

If you're not part of the solution, you haven't been properly dissolved. :D

Rewrite your petition so that it doesn't read like it was written by a high school student trying to sound smarter than he is and I'll sign it.

RevolutionSD
02-18-2009, 04:06 PM

As long as there is a government, you bet your ass it will be completely corrupt.
Is there virtue in the mafia?

mport1
02-18-2009, 06:11 PM
as long as there is a government, you bet your ass it will be completely corrupt.
Is there virtue in the mafia?

qft.

dude58677
02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
If you're not part of the solution, you haven't been properly dissolved. :D

Rewrite your petition so that it doesn't read like it was written by a high school student trying to sound smarter than he is and I'll sign it.

Preamble):
This act intends to hold the US government accountable by the local sheriff for violations of the Constitution and to maintain the sovereignty of local governments.

Section A)

Terms defined in Code:

1) Financial Assets- Any property of monetary value.

2) Seize: The order and execution of confiscating property through a credit agency, credit bureau, and/or bill collector.

3) Perjury- The violation of oath to uphold the US Constitution.

4) Government official- Any person who is employed by the US government such as a US Supreme Court Justice, Federal Judge, US President, Congressional lawmaker, US Attorney or US Attorney General, any goverment agency, or any employee for a Defense Contrator that has taken an oath to uphold the United States Constitution.

5) Bill Collector- A person who is employed with a private collection agency that is chosen by the sheriff.

B) Procedure and Enforcement of Act:

1)Any person who in the county has had their rights violated under the Constitution shall file a complaint with the local sheriff's office.

2)The local sheriff has 90 days to review the complaint.

3)If the sheriff does not answer in 90 days the complaint is dismissed.

4)If the Sheriff decides to review the complaint, he shall send a notice to the US government official that a constitutional compaint has been issued in which they will have 20 days to answer.

5) If the Government official takes the case to the Federal Courts, the local sheriff can automatically issue a penalty of $25,000.

6) If no answer is given after 20 days of the notice then a default perjury penalty wil be issued.

7) If the sheriff receives an answer from the government official, he shall have 20 days to review the dispute.

8) If the US Supreme Court or US Federal Judge files an injunction against the sheriff to stop seizing assets. The Supreme Court Justice will be have twice the assets seized.

9) If the bill collector obeys the Supreme Court Justice or Federal Judge he shall be fined $10,000.

10) If a government official makes a frivolous argument that the "necessary and proper" clause, "supremacy clause", or "general welfare clause" oversteps or outweighs any of the Bill of Rights shall be fined not more than $250,000.

11) If the sheriff decides that after review that the US Government Official is guilty of Perjury under the Constitution shall pay a fine of not more than $500,000 per offense.

12) There shall be no statute of limitations for this act.

C) Amending process

The county government has the power to amendment this Act with 3/4s of the county legislature.