PDA

View Full Version : Million Gunowner March on D.C. -- Spring 2010!!!

Cowlesy
02-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Sounds pretty cool. If they keep this going I'll take a train down for it.

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

Second Amendment March News
Dear Friend,

We Crashed the System!

Congratulations folks! We did it! We had so much traffic and interest in the Second Amendment March that we crashed the server. That's the good news. The bad news is that we were down for almost a day. However, we are back up again and running strong!
Master WebQueen, Terri, has assured me that changes have been made and we should be okay from here on out. But the way this thing is growing ... who knows!

We have lots of good news, but first, let's clear up a misconception. We are getting questions from supporters asking us about guns at the march. I cannot make this more clear.

NO GUNS ALLOWED IN DC!

A few people don't like that idea, but that's the way it has to be. It's not me, folks, it's the law, and we will not break the law in any way, shape, or form; that's not who we are. We are here to change the law, not to become criminals. This march will be peaceful and law-abiding. End of story.

Now, a note on fringe groups. We've been contacted by a few groups and individuals who are, how shall I say it ... possibly off the reservation? Some of these people advocate the immediate, violent overthrow of the government, and the last thing we want is to have them hijack our march and use it for their own agenda. My vision of this march is family-friendly. I plan on bringing my wife and kids and I hope others will do the same.

In short, the political system is in place for us to save the Second Amendment through peaceful means. We have an election in 2010; that's why we chose spring of that year. We must work long and hard to elect pro-Second Amendment lawmakers. Cooler heads must prevail.

What's Coming Up
Now on to the good stuff!

Contributions are pouring in and for that I thank you. We have many bills to pay so keep the cash flowing. Unfortunately, we lost a lot of potential donations when the site crashed. The timing couldn't have been worse since I had just emailed out a plea for donations. So if you are waiting to donate, then wait no longer. Log on to www.secondamendmentmarch.com and give today!

We are presently creating a volunteer database where we can collect and catalogue all who offer to help us. Soon, a button will appear on the website where you can click and be registered to help us out across the country. We have special need for state and local coordinators of the satellite marches, so if you can't go to DC, here is an opportunity for you to help out. (We even have a soldier in Iraq who has contacted us about a satellite event in that country.)

To compliment this, publicity packets are being designed and printed as we speak. Soon you will be able to click on a button and have these packages mailed directly to your home or place of business. People are asking for flyers, tri-folds, brochures, bumper stickers and posters. Soon they will be available.

Within a few days, a button will appear on the home page where groups and individuals can register their official support for the march. Groups will be able to signal their official endorsement through the magic of the internet. We hope that all of you click on the link and register. Now is the time to stand up and be counted!

There will also be opportunity for businesses to advertise their wares on the site while demonstrating their public support for the march. There are opportunities galore and we are coming up with more all the time.

I'll keep you posted as things happen. But just let me tell you that much is going on behind the scenes and I'll be announcing more as details are firmed up.

I'll leave you for now with this thought: If we are to save America; if we are to pull the greatest nation on earth back from the brink of tyranny, then everyday Americans like you and I have to come forward and make our voices heard. The words of Edmond Burke sum it all up:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Stand up! Do something!

Skip Coryell
Founder/Organizer
Second Amendment March

Forward to a friend

Second Amendment March | 3170 52nd Street | hamilton | MI | 49419

A year from now, these guys want to have 1 million gunowners march in D.C. in support of the 2nd Amendment.

nobody's_hero
02-16-2009, 07:31 AM
If they manage to get a million gun owners to rally in D.C., they might as well carry their guns with them. ;)

Cowlesy
02-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Ted Nugent will be there --- I've never seen him perform, so I'd go just to see that (I've heard his shows are pretty hilarious).

MsDoodahs
02-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Plans for caravans of marchers going to DC? Anyone know?

Cowlesy
02-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Plans for caravans of marchers going to DC? Anyone know?

They have a forum setup (though I haven't registered or anything), and it looks like they're going to have satellite marches nationwide for those who cannot make the trip.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
"There aren't any guns allowed. Some don't like the idea. We won't become criminals by breaking the laws"

No wonder the government gets away with so much becasuse you people are all talk and no action. You go on and on about how the second amendment is used to fight tyranny but when IT REALLY MATTERS, you back down and submit.

This is how the UK lost all gun protections.

Cowlesy
02-16-2009, 09:27 AM
"There aren't any guns allowed. Some don't like the idea. We won't become criminals by breaking the laws"

How you are supposed to get the government to listen by being a bunch of pussies?:rolleyes:

Don't go then. Stay at home, stew in your anger and do nothing.

Jeremy
02-16-2009, 09:30 AM
If they manage to get a million gun owners to rally in D.C., they might as well carry their guns with them. ;)

The government would probably open fire at a crowd that size carrying guns in DC

They'd probably hit it with some artillery shells if they felt like it

<.<

dude58677
02-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Don't go then. Stay at home, stew in your anger and do nothing.

You may as well not go because all you will be doing is whining about guns being taken away and your too afraid to stand up for what you believe in when it really matters.

"When you are needed most, do you only stop at words? Is that the sort of men you are?" Patriot Movie

Dorfsmith
02-16-2009, 09:32 AM
The government would probably open fire at a crowd that size carrying guns in DC

<.<

I always get a little nervous when so many liberty minded people gather in one place. The government might "accidently" release the giant fly swatter or something. :D

dude58677
02-16-2009, 09:33 AM

<.<

They will probably shoot whether you take the guns or not.

Jeremy
02-16-2009, 09:35 AM
They will probably shoot whether you take the guns or not.

um.... n-no....

dude58677
02-16-2009, 09:36 AM
um.... n-no....

How do you know? You can predict the future?

Jeremy
02-16-2009, 09:39 AM
common sense

Cowlesy
02-16-2009, 09:40 AM
You may as well not go because all you will be doing is whining about guns being taken away and your too afraid to stand up for what you believe in when it really matters.

"When you are needed most, do you only stop at words? Is that the sort of men you are?" Patriot Movie

Yeah and talking like you're going to storm D.C. from your desk chair behind a computer makes you all big and bad.

What whining? Going and showing support for something I believe in is...whining? Too afraid of what? I'm not afraid of D.C.'s gun laws, but acting like some paramilitary dumbass just emboldens their position that we're a bunch of gun-nuts hellbent on harming people.

It's a march in support of the second amendment, not some overthrow-the-government-demonstration.

If we all listened to this defeatist tripe, Ron would have received about 900 votes.

Like I said, stay at home.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 09:40 AM
common sense

LOL, I know. I was just messing with all of you.

However, the petitition I am serious about.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/25344.html

torchbearer
02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
If its a million people, there should be a million guns.
That would be one hornet's nest the pigs will leave alone.

Jeremy
02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
If its a million people, there should be a million guns.
That would be one hornet's nest the pigs will leave alone.

Just think about how impossible the scenario is

1) people trying to bring their gun on the plane... going into airports... train stations... etc.

2) people trying to go into a hotel with their gun in one of the most anti-gun places in the country

3) people trying to get past DC security with a gun

Even if you somehow get a large group of people with guns... they'll send SWAT... some crazy gun owner would open fire and then BOOM everyone's dead

torchbearer
02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Just think about how impossible the scenario is

1) people trying to bring their gun on the plane... going into airports... train stations... etc.

2) people trying to go into a hotel with their gun in one of the most anti-gun places in the country

3) people trying to get past DC security with a gun

Even if you somehow get a large group of people with guns... they'll send SWAT... some crazy gun owner would open fire and then BOOM everyone's dead

If it isn't organized, but not disuaded... people will find a way.
And you don't have much faith in your fellow man if you think someone will just shoot someone for no reason. I think all people at that event will know what will happen if a shot is fire.
It is your right to bear it. Don't be scared to do so.

dude58677
02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
If it isn't organized, but not disuaded... people will find a way.
And you don't have much faith in your fellow man if you think someone will just shoot someone for no reason. I think all people at that event will know what will happen if a shot is fire.
It is your right to bear it. Don't be scared to do so.

I know we have the right to bear arms but if someone dies with a gun during this protest we would be found guilty of Felony Murder because we advocated the event bringing guns even if we are not armed. If someone does die there will also be wrongful death lawsuits filed against the people in charge of the event.

Besides we are a long shot from lsoing our right to own guns. There are 250 million guns in America.

We are not going to lose them just because we don't bring guns to this event.

torchbearer
02-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I know we have the right to bear arms but if someone dies with a gun during this protest we would be found guilty of Felony Murder because we advocated the event bringing guns even if we are not armed. If someone does die there will also be wrongful death lawsuits filed against the people in charge of the event.

Besides we are a long shot from lsoing our right to own guns. There are 250 million guns in America.

We are not going to lose them just because we don't bring guns to this event.

I'm not talking about advocating the idea of bringing guns.
I'm talking about not disuading it.

Think about the message it will send to the lawmakers who are hiding in DC.
a million man march is scary... but a armed million man march is a life changing event.

You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

virgil47
02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Do any of you geniuses know why the 1934 gun control act was enacted? I doubt that any of you know the real reason and not the reason given publicly by the government. As to going to the march might I recommend that you all wash up and groom yourselves nicely for the pictures that will be taken of you and put in a data base for later use. Also be sure to sign up on line so the gov. can track you more easily.

Kotin
02-16-2009, 03:01 PM
if this happens I am so there.

Stary Hickory
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
I will attend but don't bring any guns into DC. It's not going to help anything. If a time truly comes for armed resistance I would be willing but this event should in no way be considered some kind of opportunity to brandish your guns.

The best way to proceed is through peaceful means. The constituiton backs everything we stand for. So in essence we have the law of the land behind us, if the US government is willing to break the most sacred of these laws...then let them and then let there be an adequate response.

Grandson of Liberty
02-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Also be sure to sign up on line so the gov. can track you more easily.

. . .says the guy who's registered on the Ron Paul Forums. . . :rolleyes:

Roxi
02-17-2009, 03:05 AM
wow. another great example of why this campaign never went anywhere

Jordan
02-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Hell, screw DC. Why not stand just outside the edges of DC, armed and complying with all laws.

There's only one thing to worry about, the agent provocateurs.

Pennsylvania
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I'll bump it

mediahasyou
02-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Just so there are no authority issues, they should dress up like this: http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/riot-police.jpg

Pennsylvania
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Let's get these flyers printed out and circulated:

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/printables/8x11_flyer.pdf

UtahApocalypse
02-20-2009, 03:28 PM
What is the point of a unarmed gun march?

torchbearer
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
What is the point of a unarmed gun march?

That is what I was wondering.
To show compliance with the state laws. If you take our gun rights, we will show you our strength by marching without the guns?
Kinda tells the people in power... we will do what you ask despite the fact it is unconstitutional and infringes on our rights.