PDA

View Full Version : What oath of office should GOP officers be made to take?

Matt Collins
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Do current officers of the Republican Party take an oath upon entering their office? If not, what kind of oath should they take?

Truth Warrior
02-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Work out the HOW first. The WHAT is irrelevant until then.<IMHO>

KCIndy
02-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know about the Republican Party (or Democrat, for that matter) but ANY elected official at the national level swears an oath to "uphold and defend the Constitution" from threats and enemies both foreign and domestic.

Then they proceed to break the Constitution with almost every vote they cast.

I don't think making them take an oath to join the Party would make any difference at all... the actions of the elected officials already demonstrates that most of these guys either (A) don't understand the Constitution at all, or (B) understand that what they're doing is unconstitutional but simply don't give a damn.

Matt Collins
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Work out the HOW first. The WHAT is irrelevant until then.<IMHO>
:confused: Huh? Rephrase your statement....

Matt Collins
02-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't think making them take an oath to join the Party would make any difference at all... the actions of the elected officials already demonstrates that most of these guys either (A) don't understand the Constitution at all, or (B) understand that what they're doing is unconstitutional but simply don't give a damn.What about something along the lines of:

"I will never put party over principle, I will strive to uphold the Constitution, limited-government, fiscal conservatism, individual liberties, and I will support candidates who do the same".

Or something like that...