PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought people might be waking up

robert9712000
02-15-2009, 06:13 PM
I find a thread like this that assures me the american people as a whole will never wake up.

http://www.brellrants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=18173

Robert

Ex Post Facto
02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Hehe it reads like every media anchor announces the talking points of the day.

tonesforjonesbones
02-15-2009, 07:17 PM
I couldn't even read it..can't stomach it. tones

pcosmar
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Just when you thought people might be waking up

What ever would have given you that idea?
And is that the kind of mindless drivel that is normal on that site?

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I do believe a lot more people are waking up, but obviously not the ones who are on that forum!

angelatc
02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.chycho.com/?q=node/2178

"This is what I think CBS, the producers of the Letterman show, the networks and governments fear the most - that one man free, expressing his own thoughts and point of view, might somehow inspire others to think for themselves and listen to that voice of reason inside them, and then perhaps, one by one we will awaken from this dream of lies and illusions that the world, the governments and their propaganda arm, the mainstream media, feeds us continuously over 52 channels, 24 hours a day.

"What I realised was that they don't want the people to be awake. The elite ruling class wants us asleep so we'll remain a docile, apathetic herd of passive consumers and non-participants in the true agendas of our governments, which is to keep us separate and present an image of a world filled with unresolvable problems, that they, and only they, might somewhere, in the never-arriving future, may be able to solve. Just stay asleep, America. Keep watching television. Keep paying attention to the infinite witnesses of illusion we provide you over 'Lucifer's Dream Box'."

KCIndy
02-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Sounds like the guy is wearing "Obama blinders."

I haven't seen a whole heckuva lot of difference between Big O's administration the one we just got rid of.

We're still in Iraq. Obama says we'll get out "as soon as practical" which is pretty much what Bush was saying.

The Feds are still raiding medical marijuana establishments in California, just like the Bush administration did.

Obama *says* we're going to close Gitmo... yeah... uh... that is, in a year or so. Assuming some place else can be found to house many of the prisoners. In the meantime, nothing is changing.

I know there's more I'm forgetting, but those are just a few for starters.

Change?

pinkmandy
02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Did you happen to read that Moody's report? Tax cuts do dick for stimulating the economy. The only thing tax cuts are good for are breaking the government. Now, if that's your agenda, please state it up front.

Aaaaaaahhhhh!

Darn it, where is John Galt? I'm ready!

devil21
02-15-2009, 10:01 PM
That whole thread is full of morons. Even the guy that's kinda on the right track by talking about tax cuts is still way off. Not once was cutting federal spending mentioned as the partner to tax cuts.

JK/SEA
02-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Speaking of people waking up. My daughter (26) has a female friend who i considered a typical kid, good looks, blond, fairly intelligent and didn't seem to me to have any inclination of having any, or minimal awarness of whats going on in relation to lifes surroundings, especially politics. (into party's and just having fun on weekends)

Well, i just found out by my daughter that Amy has become somewhat of a Ron Paul republican, and is very concerned about the same issues i and the rest of my family has, and this is a recent thing with her.

One by one. We are growing.

ihsv
02-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Give it about three months, then check back on that site.