PDA

View Full Version : Legislation: Proposal For 28th Amendment

NEPA_Revolution
02-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I think this is something very practical that can gain us credibility with everyone. If we can find some way to propose an amendment to the Constitution that mandates that prior to the vote on a bill in both houses of congress, a copy (digital or paper) would be presented to all members of the house voting, and the bill would be read aloud by a member(s) of congress selected to be the readers.

This would ensure everyone voting on the bill would know what is going to be in the bill, and if a congressperson is not present for 3/4th of the verbal reading of the bill (just in case Kennedy needs to be changed) they are ineligible to vote.

Scofield
02-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Who would think you would need an Amendment to ensure COMMON SENSE actions take place in our legislature?

It's absolutely sickening that I agree with your amendment.

AJ Antimony
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
You don't need an amendment for that...

Knightskye
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
You don't need an amendment for that...

Why's that?

dude58677
02-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I think this is something very practical that can gain us credibility with everyone. If we can find some way to propose an amendment to the Constitution that mandates that prior to the vote on a bill in both houses of congress, a copy (digital or paper) would be presented to all members of the house voting, and the bill would be read aloud by a member(s) of congress selected to be the readers.

This would ensure everyone voting on the bill would know what is going to be in the bill, and if a congressperson is not present for 3/4th of the verbal reading of the bill (just in case Kennedy needs to be changed) they are ineligible to vote.

Don't you think it would be easier to just get a sherif to seize the assets of federal officials and justices for violation of the Constitution on grounds of perjury under article 6?

http://www.gopetition.com/online/25344.html

Kludge
02-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I recall Dr. Paul (or Kucinich???) introducing some "Read The Bill" bill around a year ago.

Edit: Oh - I remember it from DownsizeDC - http://www.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/27

Ex Post Facto
02-15-2009, 04:34 PM
They can't even pass the bill that requires any bill introduced be able to prove it's constitutional before being voted on. I doubt if there were a 28th amendment they would even follow it.