PDA

View Full Version : Become A Republican Delegate In Your State

carla8478
05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
I deleted this post. It was innacurate information that I neglected to verify. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bradley in DC
05-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Here's a link on how to become a delegate for your state and vote for Ron Paul

This information is confused at best, a misinformation campaign at worst. Please see this thread:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=1708

carla8478
05-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Checked out your link. Thanks for the updated info.

anharmyenone
06-06-2007, 08:56 PM
You can find out the delegate selection process and whether the delegates are bound or can vote however they want at this site. It has the info for each state, DC, Guam etc.

http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm

Scott

granny miller
06-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm in the process of getting my name on the ballot so I can be a delegate :)

Pennsylvania gets 74 delegates and every congressional district will get at least 3 delegates.

I will not be bound to vote for anyone - except Ron Paul

If you want to do this in Pennsylvania you'll have to contact the State Board of Elections
717-787-5280

Granny Miller

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm in the process of getting my name on the ballot so I can be a delegate :)

Pennsylvania gets 74 delegates and every congressional district will get at least 3 delegates.

I will not be bound to vote for anyone - except Ron Paul

If you want to do this in Pennsylvania you'll have to contact the State Board of Elections
717-787-5280

Granny Miller

This should all be done through the campaign. The campaign will file with the state Board of Elections whom they want as delegate candidates. Best to work through your local Meetup group. The HQ is on top of this. The rules will not be finalized until September per RNC by-laws. See the sticky post.

granny miller
06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Bradley,
I am working through a local MeetUp

I'm not inclined to take my marching orders from anyone:) Ron Paul Campaign included.

Please explain your post a bit more :)

Granny Miller

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Bradley,
I am working through a local MeetUp

I'm not inclined to take my marching orders from anyone:) Ron Paul Campaign included.

Please explain your post a bit more :)

Granny Miller

Sure. As you point out, the petitions need to be filed with the state Secretary of State--by the campaign! PM me your email address, and I will send you the rules for your state (remind me which state in the PM, a lot going on here) as of 2004 (the last time they were finalized). I've done this twice for Ohio with the two Forbes campaigns. It is, as you know, a lot more work than people realize--and getting to know everything that needs to be done. It's really gratifying that so many people are coming out of the woodwork to help with this. The campaign has someone devoted to this issue (and I'm helping having done it before). There are several states that are considering changing their dates and processes (DC may change from petitions to fees, so everything would be different). RNC by-laws require the states to finalize all of this by September. I explained as best I could in the shortest way possible all of this that got posted as the sticky thread (I hope that makes sense). Brain in too many places right now, but I hope this makes sense. I think the campaign is going to want someone from the Meetups to coordinate all of this in their states. If so, chat with the other ones in your state and see if anyone has experience and see if one will come forward (perhaps you).

Because of RNC rules awarding three delegates (and alternates) per Congressional District (CD) and some At-Large (AL), there are usually different rules for each in most states. There are some rules that are somewhat universal (gender parity, etc.). A lot more will be posted on this when the dust settles after this summer, I promise you.

There is going to need to be training on who can circulate petitions, who can sign petitions, rules governing how to circulate them (NEVER touch a signature, you may go to jail), dates, deadlines, etc. Expect lawyers for Rudy, eg, to challenge the petitions so we need to get three times the required minimums for everything. Make sure petitions are kept separate not only by CD but also by county since each local Board of Election would be the ones to verify the information (registered voter, address matching, signature matching, etc.).

My suggestion (this will all be coming out in a proper form later, don't worry) would for the Meetup groups to have "petition signing parties" to make all of this as simple as possible (everyone bring their voter registration card to match all information--if one signs differently, not using middle initial or something, they will be challenged by the other campaigns to keep us off the ballot). Make sure everyone who wants to be a "delegate candidate" for Dr. Paul is willing and able to go to the nominating convention for him.

granny miller
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I just called the Pennsylvania Department of State .

They told me the delegate information will not be available until January 2008 and to call back then :)

I guess that is more than enough time to get on the ballot for April.

Granny Miller