PDA

View Full Version : POLL - FINAL::: Please Choose ONE. POLE SIGNS 14 .x 22" -- POLL : FINAL

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Here is the FINAL POLE SIGN POLL.
Please select the one you like the best. Some may appear the "same" to you, but fonts might be different, different color schemes.

THESE will be massed produced for YOUR consumption. The idea is to plaster Telephone Poles with these - high up for street traffic across the United States. So, that is why there is minimal verbage. Also, these are not finalized - some centering and such will all be fixed, if inconsistencies exist.

ONE-SIDED ONLY. These will be for guerilla use. Of course, holding on a streen-corner is cool too, but the concept is for Telephone Poles/Fences etc.. And probably won't last long as they are lamenated thick cardboard.

BANNER 1
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle1.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANNER 2
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle11.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANNER 3
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle3.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANNER 4
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle5.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANNER 5
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle6.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANNER 6
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle7.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANNER 7
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/eagle9.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forget this one in the POLL -- arghh. Please if you like this one, stipulate that IN the post so I can count it.
This is a bit different and unique. Someone submitted this one to me.

BANNER 8
http://www.mmashirts.com/signs/got_taxes_w_blue.gif

ronpaulhawaii
09-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Banner 5 gets my vote,

Slugg
09-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Nice! They all stand out and look very clean. They are all very 'respectable' as well as 'different'

Good job!

These will be available at the website?

jpa
09-14-2007, 12:43 AM
7 will win in a landslide! crap I meant to vote for 6... can I change my vote?

Man from La Mancha
09-14-2007, 12:49 AM
2 seems to stand out the most so it can be seen the farthest away.

Omnis
09-14-2007, 12:53 AM
5 is my favorite, but Your Country needs to be centered. It looks off.

Shatterhand
09-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Great work, Lord Xar,

They all look very nice. I voted for banner 7 because I feel that the name Ron Paul is most easily seen from the greatest distance with the blue backdrop.

PennCustom4RP
09-14-2007, 01:00 AM
My Choice is Banner 1

then Banner 3
then Banner 4

All are good....excellent effort Xar!

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 01:06 AM
thanks guys (and gals)... the person making these told me that IF you promise to post these ALL OVER on the telephone polls, high up- you will be able to get them for free, not including shipping.... sounds good to me.. I guess the person making them really wants you to go on guerilla runs at night to post them and generate alot of exposure. - of course follow applicable laws :)

ksuguy
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM
I like 3 and 5. However, I would offer one suggestion. I think it should say "For President" not just "President". For some reason that just bothers me, doesn't seem right grammatically unless the "For" is there too.

austin356
09-14-2007, 01:23 AM
I like 3 and 5. However, I would offer one suggestion. I think it should say "For President" not just "President". For some reason that just bothers me, doesn't seem right grammatically unless the "For" is there too.

You know what? You did not intend to but you just stated an FEC requirement.

Signs must state "for" in order to be complaint with a federal campaign.

McDermit
09-14-2007, 01:36 AM
6, 7, 8

trispear
09-14-2007, 01:42 AM
I voted 3. It comes down to 3,5, and 6 for me.

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 01:44 AM
You know what? You did not intend to but you just stated an FEC requirement.

Signs must state "for" in order to be complaint with a federal campaign.

cool, no worries. I can fit that in no problem.. there will also be a disclaimer at the bottom, but I didn't put that in yet..

PennCustom4RP
09-14-2007, 06:18 AM
ttt

Joey Wahoo
09-14-2007, 06:22 AM
I like 8 the best.

Definitely.

wgadget
09-14-2007, 06:26 AM
I chose 6 over 2 ("take back" over "restore") because taking back implies that it has been taken away...which leads to the thinking that RP is not "one of them," and that the country really does belong to the people, as in We, the People.

I know nobody asked, but that's my reasoning for going with 6.

Ninja Homer
09-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I want to add my thoughts on this... I designed #8.

I think 1 through 7 would be best for a first run. They are more general to get name recognition, and would work best for areas that aren't already plastered with Ron Paul signs. Personally, I like #5.

Something like #8 where it just hits a single issue would work best for areas where there are already lots of Ron Paul signs up, so I think it would be good to use for an additional run.

There could be additional runs of other single issue signs, like "Just come home" or something on illegal immigration.

I know it may sound like a lot, but imagine if people first saw the general Ron Paul signs, then maybe a few weeks later they see the "Eliminate the IRS" signs, then later the "Just come home" signs, then later the illegal immigration signs. Eventually, you're going to hit an issue that tweaks the interest for every single person who drives by these signs, and hopefully that will be enough to get them to visit the web site.

nullvalu
09-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Those are all beautiful designs.. wow, great work but I like banner 3 the best.. "Take Back America"

peryton99
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I thought of a good one. "Take back your Republican Party, Vote for Ron Paul"

silverhandorder
09-14-2007, 09:27 AM
I really like #1, freedom is popular.

nullvalu
09-14-2007, 09:31 AM
# 3 has Freedom is Popular, too and i like the phrase "Take Back America" over "Restore America", it's a little more more .. direct

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
of course follow applicable laws :)

Yes, please. It is my understanding that the campaign is having to take time away from doing IMPORTANT stuff regarding the election process because they are dealing with lawsuits over illegal signs.

silverhandorder
09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
# 3 has Freedom is Popular, too and i like the phrase "Take Back America" over "Restore America", it's a little more more .. direct

Oh then 1 and 3 >_<, I have bad memmory.

disinter
09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I vote for #8... it is not on the poll.

nullvalu
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I just have to say it, Lord Xar, you do some fucking EXCELLENT work.. Give yourself a pat on the back man, you keep a lot of us inspired..

aunt_shoes
09-14-2007, 11:19 AM
The others do not excite the average joe who doesn't think he's a slave even if his first 5 months of work each year are slave labor.

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
I just have to say it, Lord Xar, you do some fucking EXCELLENT work.. Give yourself a pat on the back man, you keep a lot of us inspired..

Thanks... Bump.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I like 5 and 7. I like the "Freedom is popular" in 5, but like how "Ron Paul" stands out in 7.

BLS
09-14-2007, 01:53 PM
thanks guys (and gals)... the person making these told me that IF you promise to post these ALL OVER on the telephone polls, high up- you will be able to get them for free, not including shipping.... sounds good to me.. I guess the person making them really wants you to go on guerilla runs at night to post them and generate alot of exposure. - of course follow applicable laws :)

I have a battery powered staple gun.

Send me 500.

Nice work, AGAIN. You're the man. I'd love to buy you a beer sometime.

Richandler
09-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Ron Paul needs the bold font.

Leslie Webb
09-14-2007, 02:09 PM
I vote for 8. It is more concrete and singles Ron out from the other candidates. The others are too general. Lots of candidates, especially Republicans talk about freedom, but never do anything about it. To the average voter who does not know Ron Paul or his record, 'freedom is popular' is just another politician's generality.

I liked the suggestion that similar concrete messages be put on other banners, such as 'Just Come Home' for Iraq.

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 12:37 PM
seriously, last bump...

born2drv
09-15-2007, 12:50 PM
I voted for 3, but I also like 8, that's my 2nd choice. If I were you I'd print both, mix it up.

wgadget
09-15-2007, 01:19 PM
I already voted, but I think they're ALL good, and I can't wait to see them all over Atlanta!

I like the idea, too, of changing themes every now and then. Kinda like the "sign of the month club" to keep people paying attention!

BuddyRey
09-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey Xar, my fave is the 5th one, but could you use the bold lettering from No. 3?

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 01:35 PM
yeah. I will probably used that "bolded" RON PAUL for all..

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey Xar, my fave is the 5th one, but could you use the bold lettering from No. 3?

Yeah, I like the bold lettering too. It's easier to read. Dean, could you also use the same font, etc. you used on #3 Restore America, on Take Back Your Country?

Lord Xar
09-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I like the bold lettering too. It's easier to read. Dean, could you also use the same font, etc. you used on #3 Restore America, on Take Back Your Country?

Yeah.. I think once we agree on "one" design, then I will go to task and select what stands out the best.

BuddyRey
09-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Yeah, I think it's only this difference that has split the vote. With the lettering of 3 on the wording of 5, you'd have absolute dynamite!!!