PDA

View Full Version : GA: Johnny Isakson already campaigning

nobody's_hero
02-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Intel has it that Saxby Chambliss's little bail-out buddy, Johnny Isakson, has launched his 2010 re-election campaign today. I don't have any ideas for a challenger, so I made this thread.

I figure Allen Buckley will run again, but that's not a certainty. He might be a bit encouraged by last year's numbers. He's always good for a protest vote.

Still, we could use someone from within the GOP to challenge him.

The email Isakson sent out to his followers:

Dear Friends,

Each day since you elected me to the United States Senate in 2004, I have strived to maintain your trust while representing Georgia’s interests in Washington. I have continued to put “people before politics.” And my record in the Senate highlights the conservative principles you expected me to uphold. I am honored each day to serve the citizens of Georgia and that’s why I am announcing my intention to run for re-election to the U.S. Senate.

As today’s campaigns begin earlier and earlier each election cycle, we want to make sure that our 2010 U.S. Senate campaign leaves no stone unturned. My campaign will begin a three-day tour of the state beginning at the Georgia State Capitol on Tuesday, February 17, 2009, with additional rallies in Augusta, Albany, Columbus, Macon and Savannah. Each event will highlight a major issue facing Georgia and our nation, including the Economy and Housing Market in Augusta, Energy Independence in Albany, Water in Columbus, Education in Macon and Transportation in Savannah. I want to hear your ideas and opinions on these and other issues.

At the event at the State Capitol on Tuesday, U.S. Senator Saxby Chambliss, Governor Sonny Perdue, Lt. Governor Casey Cagle and House Speaker Glenn Richardson will join me for the announcement.
I ask you to please join me at these kick-off rallies as we work together to ensure that our message of good, solid conservative government reaches every corner of our state.

Full Campaign Kick-Off Schedule for Johnny Isakson:

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
11:30 a.m. Atlanta
Georgia State Capitol, North Wing Staircase
206 Washington Street
Theme: Campaign Announcement Rally

Wednesday, February 18, 2009
9 a.m. Augusta
Media Availability & Grassroots Meeting
Meybohm Insurance
3512 Wheeler Road
Theme: The Economy and the Housing Market

Noon Albany
Media Availability
Plant Mitchell
5200 Radium Springs Road

1 p.m. Grassroots Meeting
White’s Family Seafood Restaurant
1009 Radium Springs Road
Theme: Energy Independence

3 p.m. Columbus
Grassroots Meeting & Media Availability
Chattahoochee River Club
1100 Bay Avenue
Theme: Water

Thursday, February 19, 2009
9 a.m. Macon
Grassroots Meeting
Mid Georgia Ambulance
2025 Vineville Avenue

10 a.m. Media Availability
Tattnall Square Park
Corner of Oglethorpe & College Street
Theme: Education

2 p.m. Savannah
Media Availability & Grassroots Meeting
Savannah International Trade & Convention Center
1 International Drive
Theme: Transportation

If you are unable to attend these events, I hope you will still get involved early by visiting my campaign website at www.johnnyisakson.com and signing up to become a part of our team. Through the website, you can learn more about where I stand on the issues that matter to you, when my next visit will be to an area near you, and find out the latest campaign news. I hope you will think of it as your direct connection to our campaign and that you’ll visit often!

Sincerely,

Johnny Isakson

nobody's_hero
02-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay then, what do we think of Paul Broun? He was one of Ron Paul's liberty candidates but he still thinks in terms of the War on Terror. As far as fiscal sanity—he does have some, which would be a refreshing change from Isakson.

CUnknown
04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
I used to be anti-Broun because he did not support Ron Paul in the primaries. However, I am leaning back towards being neutral - semi-favorable because of his co-sponsorship of the Audit the Fed Act HR 1207. I think Georgia could do a lot worse than Broun, although I don't plan on campaigning for him or donating.

He also didn't support any of the bailouts, so that's something else in his favor. He's not really a neo-con, but he's not fully on our side, either. Another few things in our favor and I may consider voting for him.

Zera
04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
I know where he lives. I actually live pretty close to him.

Nathan Hale
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Remember, that within the context of the current demographics in Washington, Broun's war position is irrelevant. I believe that his pro-liberty positions are more relevant, and as such he's a good candidate to back. We should all drop him a line asking him to run...I just did.

Paul or not at all
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Paul Broun or Bobby Franklin should challenge him in the primary.