PDA

View Full Version : I thought you all might like this...

Indy4Chng
02-14-2009, 03:42 PM
As a CPA I just was provided the summary of the new stimulous bill. This quote I found particularily disturbing:

"The new law instructs the Treasury Department to study how to better coordinate the education credits with the federal Pell Grant program and the feasibility of requiring students to perform community service for purposes of the education credits." :mad::mad::mad:

Ex Post Facto
02-14-2009, 04:06 PM
As a CPA I just was provided the summary of the new stimulous bill. This quote I found particularily disturbing:

"The new law instructs the Treasury Department to study how to better coordinate the education credits with the federal Pell Grant program and the feasibility of requiring students to perform community service for purposes of the education credits." :mad::mad::mad:

Yes, I read this in the original bill. They will be giving tax credits to students that perform X-amount of hours of public service.

driller80545
02-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Get a Pell Grant and become a ward of the state. Gotcha. Kind of like an education draft board.

pcosmar
02-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I thought you all might like this...

Nope , don't like it a bit.
And I do not and have not had any intention to get a grant.

heavenlyboy34
02-14-2009, 05:45 PM

:eek::eek::eek:!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:!!

Thanx for the info.

angelatc
02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Get a Pell Grant and become a ward of the state. Gotcha. Kind of like an education draft board.

I don't have a problem with that. Don't take the government's money if you don't like the deal.

pcosmar
02-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't have a problem with that. Don't take the government's money if you don't like the deal.

True, But I also don't expect truth in advertising from the Govt.

asimplegirl
02-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I got a pell grant, also got LOTS of scholarships, had an on campus job for another grant, private one, and worked everyday after going to school from 7-7 everyday to pay my bills and pay for my books and supplies, summer, spring, and fall every year. During this time, I also had to have 90 hours of in class aide for my early childhood education double major. Also, add in the time for treatments, and time put in at "university college" building so that I could receive help with my IEP in scholar's college....

I don't see how kids that are actually doing what they can to be in college are going to have time for all of that.