PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Quote?

Patriot123
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm looking for a quote by someone that basically says something like 'leaders who are most liked are often the most dangerous,' or something to that effect. I'm doing a paper on Lincoln, and I'm trying to start off with a quote like that, that gets across the point that Lincoln was in fact terrible and brutal. Does anyone know of any by chance?

KCIndy
02-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I'm not clear about the quote you're looking for. Is it something you've already heard quoted about Lincoln specifically, or are you looking for a general quotation to apply toward your premise and reinforce your argument?

As far as books about Lincoln go (from a critical/negative viewpoint) you might see if your local library has a book titled, "The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, his Agenda, and an Unnecessary War" by Thomas Dilorenzo.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Lincoln-Abraham-Agenda-Unnecessary/dp/0761526463/ref=cm_lmf_tit_2

Bman
02-15-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm looking for a quote by someone that basically says something like 'leaders who are most liked are often the most dangerous,' or something to that effect. I'm doing a paper on Lincoln, and I'm trying to start off with a quote like that, that gets across the point that Lincoln was in fact terrible and brutal. Does anyone know of any by chance?

Niccolò Machiavelli - "Since love and fear can hardly coexist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. "