PDA

View Full Version : Facebook tool for voting on logical propositions?

Mordan
02-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Hello

I have come to the conclusion that arguing over message board isnt' really much constructive.

so I think Human Kind needs some kind of new idea internet board. The basic idea is to collect hypothesis, thesis, propositions, causalities. People could vote on them and the system would detect logical fallacies or incoherences. People could change their vote on any proposition at any time. Votes are public and you can peruse the opinions of anybody by looking at his current vote record

the board shows propositions,

Causalities

X+Y+W=>Y

I don't remember my logics lecture but there are many logical formulas

Plain propositions

K = I like the fiat money

(I would vote negatively proposition K.)

PS: The message board technology hasn't seen any real added value since long time ago

american.swan
02-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Not enough people vote in polls many times. A message board or community of any kind should be able to force a member to vote, even if it's none-of-the-above, before being allowed into the site. Now let's not get excessive. A person could be forced to vote "once" then be allowed in. Obviously we don't want users voting for poll after poll after poll.

Also, few polls are "important" enough to require the whole membership to vote.

Also, if the whole membership should vote, there could be restrictions. For example users with over X number of post or who visit at least once a week.

mediahasyou
02-14-2009, 08:26 AM
A social networking site based on polls would be cool.