PDA

View Full Version : My report on Anita Andrews' training

mdh
09-13-2007, 11:58 PM
So I went to the Anita Andrews training this evening. The training took about 5 hours total, and I found it to be entirely worthwhile. The NDA thing really isn't a big deal - the reasoning for it is twofold; first off, she is a professional and wishes to protect her own intellectual property as a consultant, and secondly, some of what is talked about involves strategies of the official PCC. The important thing to note here is that the latter means the PCC is actively strategizing, and is planning to do stuff. Really good stuff. Can't say what, but go attend a session yourself - it's stuff you'll almost certainly be happy to hear about. I am myself under NDA, so I can't and won't discuss the hardcore strategy stuff. The simple fact is that if you haven't done the whole training, you would be at a disadvantage trying to do any of it anyways, so just go and get the training. Seriously. It's good, and you'll almost certainly like it! I appreciated a lot of the insight I got from attending.

What this represents even moreso, though, is a commitment from the campaign folks to campaign actively and win states. I know some of you have had concerns about how things were going at campaign HQ, and even I have at times had some concerns with their efficacy. They know the problems, they're addressing them, and they are looking to kick the professionalism a whole bunch.

Many folks here had questioned the statements she made regarding funding numbers and a campaign she worked on, so I asked. She said she had no problem with me relaying to you a simple fact - one that made me feel like a total dunce for having questioned this thing to begin with. The campaign she was referring to was an issue campaign, not a campaign for a candidate for public office. That was why the numbers didn't work out. Folks were only looking for candidacies that met the criteria. To touch on this subject even further, I did get the feeling she was genuine in her desire to win this race for Dr. Paul. That alone goes a long way beyond just being "hired help", and I think that Ms. Andrews is clearly driven to help us, and to help us help eachother. She gave her phone number and email to all of us who attended and stated that we could contact her any time. That's a good thing, and I for one will appreciate that level of contact.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can answer. In closing, I strongly recommend anyone who is dedicated to winning this race go and attend a session with Ms. Andrews. Take care, Matt. :)

austin356
09-14-2007, 12:05 AM
So I went to the Anita Andrews training this evening. The training took about 5 hours total, and I found it to be entirely worthwhile. The NDA thing really isn't a big deal - the reasoning for it is twofold; first off, she is a professional and wishes to protect her own intellectual property as a consultant, and secondly, some of what is talked about involves strategies of the official PCC. The important thing to note here is that the latter means the PCC is actively strategizing, and is planning to do stuff. Really good stuff. Can't say what, but go attend a session yourself - it's stuff you'll almost certainly be happy to hear about. I am myself under NDA, so I can't and won't discuss the hardcore strategy stuff. The simple fact is that if you haven't done the whole training, you would be at a disadvantage trying to do any of it anyways, so just go and get the training. Seriously. It's good, and you'll almost certainly like it! I appreciated a lot of the insight I got from attending.

What this represents even moreso, though, is a commitment from the campaign folks to campaign actively and win states. I know some of you have had concerns about how things were going at campaign HQ, and even I have at times had some concerns with their efficacy. They know the problems, they're addressing them, and they are looking to kick the professionalism a whole bunch.

Many folks here had questioned the statements she made regarding funding numbers and a campaign she worked on, so I asked. She said she had no problem with me relaying to you a simple fact - one that made me feel like a total dunce for having questioned this thing to begin with. The campaign she was referring to was an issue campaign, not a campaign for a candidate for public office. That was why the numbers didn't work out. Folks were only looking for candidacies that met the criteria. To touch on this subject even further, I did get the feeling she was genuine in her desire to win this race for Dr. Paul. That alone goes a long way beyond just being "hired help", and I think that Ms. Andrews is clearly driven to help us, and to help us help eachother. She gave her phone number and email to all of us who attended and stated that we could contact her any time. That's a good thing, and I for one will appreciate that level of contact.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can answer. In closing, I strongly recommend anyone who is dedicated to winning this race go and attend a session with Ms. Andrews. Take care, Matt. :)

EXACTLY the same feelings from Tuesday; Thanks for the articulation.

I bet this woman gets tired of having to do the same thing over and over; If she was not teaching the same course every day then it would seem to be a little more fun for her.

ctb619
09-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Where/when can we attend these "sessions"?

austin356
09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Where/when can we attend these "sessions"?

To be honest with you:

She does not have a great handle on her schedule. Tuesday I asked her where she would be on Wednesday and all she knew was "Tennessee" but not what city. She is in the megalopolis right now.

mdh
09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
To be honest with you:

She does not have a great handle on her schedule. Tuesday I asked her where she would be on Wednesday and all she knew was "Tennessee" but not what city. She is in the megalopolis right now.

She is in West Virginia right now - out training session ended about 2 hours ago here. :)

As far as schedule, we got less than a week's notice. She seems to be doing one or two sessions per state depending on the size of the state.

davidhperry
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
Tuesday I asked her where she would be on Wednesday and all she knew was "Tennessee" but not what city.

That's very normal for someone who spends a lot of time traveling.

McDermit
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
I've had plans for weeks for this entire weekend. Just found out Monday that she's coming to NY on Sat on Philly on Sunday.

My plans for Sunday absolutely cannot be modified. But Saturday, I *might* be able to swing some things and get up to NY. But if the training is state specific, it may not be worth trying.

Disappointing.

ctb619
09-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Why is she the only one who can disseminate this information? If it's important, why doesn't the campaign get it out more quickly?

austin356
09-14-2007, 12:15 AM
She is in West Virginia right now - out training session ended about 2 hours ago here. :)

As far as schedule, we got less than a week's notice. She seems to be doing one or two sessions per state depending on the size of the state.

Yea, now was a preemption; Should have said "is soon to be".

austin356
09-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Why is she the only one who can disseminate this information? If it's important, why doesn't the campaign get it out more quickly?

Most of the information is not the campaign's material. It is her personal knowledge.

She is nothing more/nothing less, than a hired political consultant that the campaign thinks can help the campaign. She seems to like Dr. Paul and think hes the best/most honest man running, though she definitely is no person that would be on these forums if she was not hired; At least from what I gathered.

I believe she wants Dr. Paul to win, though does not see things in the drastic nature most of the hardcore supporters do. Even if she does not really care about him winning personally, she care about furthering her career and winning is always top priority in that regard.

ctb619
09-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Most of the information is not the campaign's material. It is her personal knowledge.

Is she working for the campaign?

mdh
09-14-2007, 12:19 AM

She said we can train others as well, so long as they sign the NDA as well. There are copies of the NDA in the info-packet for just that purpose.

ctb619
She said we can train others as well, so long as they sign the NDA as well. There are copies of the NDA in the info-packet for just that purpose.

Nice. That is what I wanted to know.

mdh
Is she working for the campaign?

Yes.

orenbus
09-14-2007, 12:42 AM

It's kinda like vampires I guess, only a NDAd person can make someone a NDAd person :p

Seriously tho, are you able to answer if there was any specific State information, like WV info as opposed to how it works in general? My understanding is each state election process is a bit different, wonder if that was touched on or if I can go to any location to get the same training?

Thanks

Slugg
09-14-2007, 01:05 AM
It's kinda like vampires I guess, only a NDAd person can make someone a NDAd person :p

Seriously tho, are you able to answer if there was any specific State information, like WV info as opposed to how it works in general? My understanding is each state election process is a bit different, wonder if that was touched on or if I can go to any location to get the same training?

Thanks

I haven't gone, but it would be unreasonable to think that one lady (or even one small team) is up to date on every states election laws. It MUST be the national strategy and how each state can fit in. I doubt she will cover state specific stuff...if so, I highly doubt it's much compared to her other information.

If nothing else, you can go and hear the plan the Campaign has set up...I'm really curious about that.

austin356
09-14-2007, 01:26 AM

Thanks

Her materials have state specific information. If you go to a seminar from out of state let her know beforehand and she will get the appropriate materials.

Though really the seminar is not state specific, it does change from state to state.

mdh
09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Though really the seminar is not state specific, it does change from state to state.

Yeah. She didn't know offhand all of the ins and outs of the hoops WV has us jumping through, but I wouldn't expect it. Some stuff seems to be state-specific, but I'm not sure what. I'm sure that if you attended a session in another state, you could just ask her and work through it.

trispear
09-14-2007, 01:40 AM
How much do these sessions cost?

Ozwest
09-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Nada

trispear
09-14-2007, 01:46 AM
That's a good price:D

militant
09-14-2007, 02:56 AM
she claims to have something like 91 or 92 percent success with her campaigns. if she makes a living from campaigning, she will want her rating at 90% or better. so she wouldn't get involved in this campaign unless 1) she personally and deeply wanted him to win, and was willing to take the risk and the hit to her career... or 2) she honestly believes in her very professional opinion that if all of us DO OUR JOBS, we CAN win this... and either case is just fine with me. glad she's aboard.

ctb619
09-14-2007, 03:02 AM
she claims to have something like 91 or 92 percent success with her campaigns. if she makes a living from campaigning, she will want her rating at 90% or better. so she wouldn't get involved in this campaign unless 1) she personally and deeply wanted him to win, and was willing to take the risk and the hit to her career... or 2) she honestly believes in her very professional opinion that if all of us DO OUR JOBS, we CAN win this... and either case is just fine with me. glad she's aboard.

or the money as too good to pass up and she's been out of a job for awhile ;)

militant
09-14-2007, 03:33 AM
or the money as too good to pass up and she's been out of a job for awhile ;)

that's a possibility but she's rather cheerful. in the hall on break i told her not to take the suspicion personally, we're just as a group disagreeable to authority, and she laughed and said she empathized, and that it was fine. even if it is just the money, she doesn't want to lose and tarnish her reputation, so she'll do what she can. and that's what we've all asked for - some sort of organization and effort from CHQ.

Richandler
09-14-2007, 03:51 AM
Haha, when is she coming to California? I want to learn about all this tasty goodiness.

specsaregood
09-14-2007, 05:28 AM
//

pyrazole2
09-14-2007, 06:48 AM
I went to the training last night too. I'll second what mdh was saying...very good information, insight, and strategy.

I also now realize how ineffective a lot of the things we've been doing are. Ineffective does not equal bad! Keep it up, but get the training!!! This morning at work, I used what I learned last night to get 2 voters. These are 30+ year steelworker union good-ol' boys, about as liberal as you can get.

Put your worries aside, and hold judgement until you meet her.

Matt Collins
09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Why is she the only one who can disseminate this information? If it's important, why doesn't the campaign get it out more quickly?Because what she is doing is expensive and to multiply her would cost a LOT of money.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 11:22 AM
To be honest with you:

That's mostly because is relying on us to find her a place and get people there to hear her.

Here in WV, she just called out of the blue on Sunday, told us she would be passing through on Thursday, and said that if we could find a place and get people there to listen, she'd stop and present the materials to us.

Yeah, it was pretty short notice, but she did have WV-specific stuff ready to roll when she got here, and we learned a lot.

LarryWhite
09-14-2007, 11:24 AM
That's mostly because is relying on us to find her a place and get people there to hear her.

Here in WV, she just called out of the blue on Sunday, told us she would be passing through on Thursday, and said that if we could find a place and get people there to listen, she'd stop and present the materials to us.

Yeah, it was pretty short notice, but she did have WV-specific stuff ready to roll when she got here, and we learned a lot.

There was so much good information, I'm still trying to digest it all in my head. It was worth the 2+hour drive and all the hassle of finding a room on short notice.

pyrazole2
09-14-2007, 11:26 AM
There was so much good information, I'm still trying to digest it all in my head. It was worth the 2+hour drive and all the hassle of finding a room on short notice.

Yeah, that room really sucked, Larry. *Sarcasm*

Seriously, you all pulled it together quick.

LarryWhite
09-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, that room really sucked, Larry. *Sarcasm*

Seriously, you all pulled it together quick.

Spirit'76 found the room for us, many thanks to him for findind it, every place I called was booked or closed by 6pm.

I was very surprised at the turnout, I was figuring 5 people max, we had a good 12-15 there, and most had to drive an hour or more.

I must have counted 100 deer on the side of the interstate on my way home last night.

mdh
09-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Bumping for great justice.

mdh
09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Spirit'76 found the room for us, many thanks to him for findind it, every place I called was booked or closed by 6pm.

I was very surprised at the turnout, I was figuring 5 people max, we had a good 12-15 there, and most had to drive an hour or more.

I must have counted 100 deer on the side of the interstate on my way home last night.

There were a bunch of deer in the parking lot. Spirit of 76 and I walked out together, and they were all over the place, lol.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
This place is crawling with 'em.

Rats with hooves...

Hurricane Bruiser
09-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Was this the meeting in Salem Thursday evening?

I was going to attend but had a local board meeting I had to attend also and the agenda had some important stuff on it so I chose to attend the board meeting all the time wishing I was at the Ron Paul meeting.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Was this the meeting in Salem Thursday evening?

I was going to attend but had a local board meeting I had to attend also and the agenda had some important stuff on it so I chose to attend the board meeting all the time wishing I was at the Ron Paul meeting.

Yep, that's the one. Too bad you couldn't make it, but there were several people from your neck of the woods who came. If you can get in touch with one of them, they should be able to bring you up to speed on what's going on.

Try contacting:
pyrazole2 (http://ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=2397)
militant (http://ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1334)
rmolly1 (http://ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=3003)

If you can't work something out with them, then I may be able to come down to Parkersburg and help you out.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks much.

mdh
09-14-2007, 06:41 PM
HB already knows Bob S (militant), so he'll be settled.

Of course I would advise also signing up over on the new site - ask Bob for details and he'll get you set up.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-14-2007, 06:46 PM
ok, I'll PM militant.

Hook
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
I guess Max is going to explode now :D

mdh
09-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I guess Max is going to explode now :D

I can only think max will attend one for himself and come to his own conclusions. The majority of people who have attended seem to be coming to the same (positive) conclusions that I have.

BLS
09-17-2007, 12:25 PM
So MDH, how would I know if she's coming to my state?
Is there a site with a tenative schedule, etc??
If we need to contact her, how do I do it? I'm sure we can have 30 or more people from MN attend a training.

Jared Callanan
09-17-2007, 02:02 PM
MDH,

How do we find out when Anita Andrews will be visiting our state for this training? Is there a schedule available? Is there a way I can request her in the state of New Hampshire or has she already been here? Seems like this is one of the first states the campaign would send her to so maybe I just missed her?

Anyway, any information would be great on how to attend one of these events or requesting her to come to New Hampshire for one of these events.

- Jared

mdh
09-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I would recommend asking your local coordinatorfolk to contact the Ron Paul 2008 PCC and ask about the training schedule for your area.