PDA

View Full Version : Not usually a Bill Mahrer ape...but...

psalm82x3
02-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Listen to him in this segment, and he is particularly thoughtful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R4N3Yz_3MA&feature=ytn%3Amptnews

StudentForPaul08
02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
He blames the economic crisis on Capitalist Greed. How can he be so wrong. ><

Jeremy
02-13-2009, 10:50 PM
i despise bill maher!

edit: oh and in this vid hes in fornt of a green screen with a fake crowd lol

penguin
02-13-2009, 11:17 PM
What a tool!

Join The Paul Side
02-14-2009, 01:33 AM
He isn't all that bad. He makes ya laugh. He pisses you off. He says a lot of shit, you might agree with him, you might not. But his show is fun to watch. Nobody goes off on Bush like this guy does. He's harsh on Republicans, but he's also harsh on Dems too. And he likes Ron Paul and had him on his show twice so he can't be all that bad. :D

Thanks for the link. Happy to know the new season of Real Time starts next Friday. :)

Knightskye
02-14-2009, 01:53 AM
"If you have a gun, you can rob a bank; but if you have a bank, you can rob everyone."

Hah.

But yeah, Maher is still mostly liberal.

LibertyEagle
02-14-2009, 02:02 AM
He loves Obama. He's an ass.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-14-2009, 02:14 AM
He loves Obama. He's an ass.

+1

ClayTrainor
02-14-2009, 02:37 AM
I do occassionaly enjoy Bill's show.

He sometimes does provoke some interesting discussion in his panels, and there's always a great sense of humor. Also, Religulous was a great movie.

Bill actually used to be 'fairly' conservative back in the day, but lately he's clearly following the liberal trends.

MRoCkEd
02-14-2009, 08:16 AM
On Larry King he said that all economists agree that the stimulus is a good idea and many just think it is not big enough...
He also said that this crisis was caused by taxcuts... wtf?

He may be good on civil liberties and foreign policy, but subscribing to shitfuck keynesian economics really cancels a lot of this out.

coyote_sprit
02-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Bill Maher is like a shitty tasting cake with great icing. He's got some good points but most of what he says it shit.

user
02-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah Bill Maher isn't perfect but that doesn't mean he can't be funny as hell.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Despite him being from a liberal perspective, I really used to like this guy. However, my respect and interest have waned a great deal ever since Maher became less independent and more of a Dem. Party hack. About ten years ago, he was supporting Nader and had a nice lineup of balanced guests on his "Politically Incorrect" show. Now, it seems Bush has been so horrible for him the past eight years that he openly supports the Democratic Party and Obama.

Oh yeah, his pro-Israel line always pissed me off too.