PDA

View Full Version : MSM Coverage! USA Today: "Obama, Paul net most military workers' campaign donations"

C4de
09-13-2007, 10:43 PM
This just in via the oh-so-amazing Google News:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-09-13-military-donors_N.htm

Old news to us, but this is a HUGE media outlet.

slantedview
09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Sweet. This is good news.... finally on this topic.

trispear
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Why Obama? He just wants to send them into other countries like Pakistan.

slantedview
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM

I know. I was thinking the same thing. My answer... people are stupid.

hard@work
09-13-2007, 10:57 PM

Does the term "Not Bush" mean anything to you?

;-)

Also, the idea of a brother in office is heartwarming to many many many many people.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I know. I was thinking the same thing. My answer... people are stupid.

you're right. Most Americans are pretty stupid imo.

sorry... I've been drinking :p but it is true... obama said he wants to surge 100,000 in Iraq for fucks sake! LOL

ty1er
09-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Digg it! More people need to know about this little fact

Ron Paul Fan
09-13-2007, 11:10 PM
Pretty good for a candidate that wants the military to take their marching orders from Al Qaeda.

smtwngrl
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Pretty good for a candidate that wants the military to take their marching orders from Al Qaeda.

lol :D

0zzy
09-13-2007, 11:17 PM

Maybe they want to kill Osama and co (though he is most likely already dead)? They joined the military after 9/11 to defend the country and to bring law to those who executed it, then ended up in Iraq somehow and was like "wtf?".

axiomata
09-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Not USADaily this time? The real live USAToday! Awesome!

Don't forget to 'Recommend' this article.

Perry
09-13-2007, 11:56 PM
So how much did they receive? I bet Paul blew Obama away and they're just using this story to push Obama.

Paulitician
09-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Heh. Isn't it ironic that McCain got the second most on the Republican side? He was pretty close to Ron Paul even at that. (It makes sense though since both are veterans.) If it's any indication, seems like those military men and veterans who want to stay and those who want to get out of Iraq are almost half and half, on the Republican side anyway. If you take into account the Dems too, well then they're probably like the general public, 70% want us out of Iraq already.

fourameuphoria
09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Is it just me, or should we not focus on this issue? It's good and all, but most who aren't in the Ron Paul camp don't seem to be impressed with it, nor care. There's *plenty* we can gloat about to the non-believers, but I don't know if this one will win any converts.

QWE
09-14-2007, 12:14 AM
I've said this before, and I'm not trying to brag, but I started this story minutes after the Q2 finances were posted and posted it on a facebook application and someone posted it on a blog, it circulated and made the top story on digg for a short while a day later! This is the power of the internet - we can make it work in favor of Ron Paul :-)
I think this story helped him a LOT more than my measly donation did...

trispear
09-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Maybe they want to kill Osama and co (though he is most likely already dead)? They joined the military after 9/11 to defend the country and to bring law to those who executed it, then ended up in Iraq somehow and was like "wtf?".

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. No large force is ever likely to capture Osama due to many factors - the locals getting tired of being imposed on and helping Osama, supply lines, etcetera. We took forever to capture Hussein even though we completely beat Iraq and could go anywhere we wanted to.

Remember the Punitive Expedition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancho_Villa_Expedition

Smaller forces would be better. Whether elite military units or bounty hunters.