PDA

View Full Version : What do make of this, youtuber against Dr. Paul/gov

MadEmperor
09-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I just thought I'd post this to get some input. I don't agree with the you tuber, but I like to put intelligent arguments to Dr. Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3xcFvnEI0

MsDoodahs
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Will take hours for me to download that.

It appears from the comments that it is an anarchist.

Are there some specific points you are interested in? I know for sure I am not the only anarchist on the board.

:D

NoxTwilight
09-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Well while this guy has some decent points he obviously has only heard a few sound bites and a debate or two. Even the NeoCons say Ron Paul has ethics.

As far as BushCo being impeached, I think that it is not for Dr Paul to speak about as a candidate, it's for the leadership in the house and senate and we all know they have no back bones. Certain he would vote in favor tho ;)

The guy is a bit strange .. he likes to make the same point in 5 different ways without adding anything to his argument or well even making his point very well.

Typical philosopher heh

hard@work
09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I just thought I'd post this to get some input. I don't agree with the you tuber, but I like to put intelligent arguments to Dr. Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3xcFvnEI0

He's a great speaker and wonderful philosopher. I would love to debate him directly. It would take quite a lot to get me to believe that Ron Paul would be so easily corrupted. Abuse his power to achieve his goals perhaps unwittingly? I believe he has already admitted this to himself as a possibility and I've heard him allude to it. Even if I agreed with him on all points however, to achieve his goals of weening society off of government would require a Ron Paul presidency. This is the flaw in his argument if you understand his political perspective. While quite utopian, my disagreement would be based on the idea that an imperfect government based on the principles of Liberty is infinitely better than a utopian ideal based on either the social experiment of anarchy or the fist of authority.

And, a Ron Paul presidency based off the American system of government would be the most likely "evil" to achieve either his or my goals in governance regardless.

As for his comments on the Bush "crimes", Ron Paul would not be able to be where he is by making a direct accusation. He has said that if in the event of a legal trial there was a legal conviction there would be "no pardon". That is as far as he should go in my eyes to answer that question.

G-khan
09-13-2007, 10:46 PM
He does not like America!

hard@work
09-13-2007, 10:47 PM

lol, he doesn't like governance. period ...

MadEmperor
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in America, and I believe is problem is with all government not just America.

Again, I don't agree with him on alot of points, but I thought I'd post it to spark conversation and thinking.

hard@work
09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in America, and I believe is problem is with all government not just America.

Again, I don't agree with him on alot of points, but I thought I'd post it to spark conversation and thinking.

Should have started a debate from his viewpoint then, kinda hard to spark controversial discussion when everyone agrees.

:-P

MadEmperor
09-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Should have started a debate from his viewpoint then, kinda hard to spark controversial discussion when everyone agrees.

:-P

I'm TRYING, I can't find many intelligent Arguments to Dr. Paul ;)

hard@work
09-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm TRYING, I can't find many intelligent Arguments to Dr. Paul ;)

Well yeah, he brings a lot of school's of thoughts together. You can be in near disagreement with him and still throw in your lot for this election based on a few issues that are dramatically important to you.

;-)

Even this gent would throw his vote to RP I would wager. If he decided voting wasn't akin to binge drinking har har ... har ...

LibertyOfOne
09-14-2007, 12:33 AM

America != Government

People equate the country with the government way too often. He is talking about government not America.

nexalacer
09-14-2007, 06:06 AM
I almost completely agree with him. The state is and always has been a tool for evil. However, I think the founders also thought of this, that's why the figured people would not be career politicians, rather active citizens. The problem was, they didn't effectively write this into the constitution. Terms should have been much shorter, limits on consecutive terms should have been included, and the impeachment process should be much much easier. I also like the way the ancient Athenians did it: you didn't uphold your campaign promises, you're exiled!

But, I think now, our best means of creating a state-less society is to throw a monkeywrench into the system. Enter politics talking about your beliefs just enough to get elected, do as much as possible during your term to reduce the size of government, then make an active decision to leave because you want to avoid the corruption that power brings.