PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and I on John Gibson Today

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I am not sure if anyone caught the show today. But was currently driving across the country and I listen to talk radio on my XM radio. Today I was listening to the John Gibson show.

During his last hour he began talking about how the candidate with the most songs written about him was RP, and then played some of the songs (like the reggae song). Since my XM has the phone numbers of the host displayed on the screen I decided to call in.

I got in and was put on hold and who to my suprise is brought onto the show, none other than RP himself!!! Gibson and Paul went back and forth about the 9/11 truthers being connected to the campaign. RP said it was not his fault and that he didnot believe that there was a conspiracy. Then they talked about the war and RP did his usual stand up job.

Then Gibson went to commercial. During the commercial the operator came on and said that I would be first. The commercial was over and Gibson came back and said that he would take callers and that if we were anti-war would like to know what Bush could say to convince us otherwise, and that if we were pro-war what an anti-war person could say to turn them.

I was not first, he took a preacher from Tulsa who said that he was anti-war because of "turn the other cheek". They had a religous discussion and then Gisbson took me. (This is from memory so not perfect and not verbatim, just a summary)

He started out asking me if I was for or against the "war".

I asked him which one? I told him I am for catching Osama in Afghanistan, but against the war in Iraq.

He asked me if there was anything Bush could say about the war to change my mind and I told him no, that we shouldn't be there.

He then asked me if Iraq was better off if without Sadam. I told him that they probably were, but that didn't matter because we still should not have went to war and that we were not better off for going.

Then he said that Saddam had weapons and wanted to give them to the terrorist. And I told him that was not what the 9/11 commission report stated.

He said that he came to a different conclusion than the 9/11 commission report using the same information that the 9/11 commissioners had (I don't see how he got all of that classified info but oh well).

Then I asked him a question, "Why would Saddam do as you claim and give the terrorist weapons to attack us?"

He said that Saddam got his feeling hurt because we kicked his but in the '90's. I said that this illustrates the reason we shouldn't be meddling in the middle east in the first place.

Then he goes on a rant about how we need oil and says that the world would come to an end if we didn't get Middle East oil and then said that because people like me wouldn't let us drill in Anwar we have to get it from the middle east. I interrupted him (he actually let me) and said that I agree with him that we need to drill in Anwar, and in the gulf, and off Florida and that we even need to put windmills in the Massachusets Bay if that is what it took to get off Mid-East Oil.

He claimed that this was not possible so we had to get it from friendly regimes in the middle east, and I asked point blank "Does that mean we should use force to get the oil?"

And you know what, he actually said YES!!!!!!! That is what the Saudi Royal family was for and why we backed other regimes, and that if we let Osama get his way he would kill the Saudi Royal family and take control of Saudi Arabia and we wouldn't get anymore oil.

I told him that would not be a problem because if we offered Osama the most money and didn't intefer he would sell it to us. He said that Osama wouldn't because he wants to destroy the west. I told him that Osama just wants us to leave the middle east.

At this point he hung up on me and went on a rant how Osama is going to have everyone wearing Burka's.

I was great. I got about half as much time as RP (which is sad), but I actually got a Neocon to admitt that the war in Iraq is about OIL and not terrorism, and that the plan is to take the oil by force.

So if anyone can find a recording we need this badly and I would greatly appreciate it.

--Dustan

JPFromTally
09-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Those guys seem to make up their bullcrap as they go along.

Good going, though.

MsDoodahs
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Wow, Dustan, that is GREAT!

If you get a recording, will you make it available for us to hear?

ctb619
09-13-2007, 09:57 PM
good job challenging that hack....John Gibson is mind-numbing

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 09:57 PM
1 word. AWESOME.

Slugg
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Too bad you didn't follow up with, "So in your eyes it's permissible to go to war over oil. Okay. Many wars have been fought for natural resources. I understand. But, then, after our patriotic young men and women install a new government; we turn over the newly acquired natural resource to businesses to make a profit. Which, by proxy, our soldiers just went to war so companies could earn a profit."

That is the part that really gets me going. We can go to war for oil, fine. But why in God's name do we then try to wrap it in 'free market' and allow companies to profit off our soldiers war?

themanhere
09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
GOOD JOB! i wouldve followed up with wait a minute John so your saying we should risk our brave men and womens life over OIL!!?!?!??!?!

WOW john!

saku39
09-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I give you mad props, my friend. Good job.

BrianKelly
09-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Way to go, love to see people setting things straight.

G-khan
09-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Great job you make us proud.. :)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Too bad you didn't follow up with, "So in your eyes it's permissible to go to war over oil. Okay. Many wars have been fought for natural resources. I understand. But, then, after our patriotic young men and women install a new government; we turn over the newly acquired natural resource to businesses to make a profit. Which, by proxy, our soldiers just went to war so companies could earn a profit."

That is the part that really gets me going. We can go to war for oil, fine. But why in God's name do we then try to wrap it in 'free market' and allow companies to profit off our soldiers war?

hindsight is 20/20 ;)

very good ma man... I have been trying to call in myself

transistor
09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
here is ron paul and john, but not your call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-28-_tv1qg

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Yea I didn't get time to wrap everything up, but anyone with half a brain who was listening should have been able to figure it out.

I didn't get a recording and his site only offers the first hour. We were in either the 2nd hour or the last.

So if anyone has it or knows how to get it, I would greatly appreciate it.

--Dustan

slantedview
09-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Cheers :)

dmitchell
09-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Firstly, great job! Secondly, did Gibson just hang up on Ron Paul? What a jerk.

0zzy
09-13-2007, 10:39 PM
What a fucking dumb ass. He hangs up on him? How fucking unprofessional. You don't agree with Habeas Corpus? How fucking unamerican. Fuckin makes me sick.

Danny Molina
09-13-2007, 10:44 PM
John Gibson is a fucking scumbag. How the hell could he cut off Dr. Paul like that because he doesn't agree with him. I hope he dies of cancer.

transistor
09-13-2007, 10:51 PM
ron paul owned him pretty badly before he was cut off, lol

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 10:59 PM
I just got an email back from the guy that posted the vid on youtube and he said he would get me an mp3 tomorrow. So hopefully he can come through and we will have the call tomorrow.

--Dustan

quickmike
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
AWESOME JOB!!!

I just wanted to add, I would have responded to his reasoning when he says windmills and drilling off the coast are not possible with "oh, so youre saying its easier to force our will on other countries than to do something about getting our own oil and windmill energy production going?................ thats a pretty weak excuse John. Who sounds like the defeatist here? Youre saying the tree huggers in our own country are more of a force to deal with than the so called terrorists that you claim are so dangerous to us?"

Ozwest
09-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Any similarity between John Gibson and a human being is purely coincidental. The balls of shit on the hairs of an asshole are a more advanced form of life than these faux scumbags!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Any similarity between John Gibson and a human being is purely coincidental. The balls of shit on the hairs of an asshole are a more advanced form of life than these faux scumbags!

LOL

DJ RP
09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow, ron paul did great. Gibson is an idiot.

axiomata
09-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I was great.

By the sound of it, you were. I bet RP loves hearing intelligent supporters such as yourself mirroring his foreign policy positions yet stating them in your own words and in your own way. Great work.

hard@work
09-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Awesome! Also, Ron Paul has a reggae song... ?

O.o