PDA

View Full Version : Judd Gregg withdrew his nomination

bander87
02-12-2009, 10:31 PM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/usTopNews/idUKTRE51B6SW20090213

I don't understand the point in Obama nominating him.

Obama has said that he is completely confident that we need this bailout bill, so why would he hire someone who disagrees with it and his economic views completely?

If Obama hired him because he thought he was good for the job, why is he not listening to him?

I think Obama is just trying to get bipartisan support and popularity.

idiom
02-12-2009, 11:19 PM
They *only* nominated him in order to replace him with a democratic Senator and achieve absolute power.

Even GOP senators aint that dumb.

xd9fan
02-13-2009, 06:45 AM
gee wonder where he could have more power for himself???

Its the power stupid!!

bander87
02-13-2009, 07:00 AM
gee wonder where he could have more power for himself???

Its the power stupid!!

Power for who in what position?

bander87
02-13-2009, 07:01 AM
They *only* nominated him in order to replace him with a democratic Senator and achieve absolute power.

As a democratic excuse that they originally tried to get a GOP?

smithtg
02-13-2009, 07:19 AM
http://uk.reuters.com/article/usTopNews/idUKTRE51B6SW20090213

I don't understand the point in Obama nominating him.

Obama has said that he is completely confident that we need this bailout bill, so why would he hire someone who disagrees with it and his economic views completely?

If Obama hired him because he thought he was good for the job, why is he not listening to him?

I think Obama is just trying to get bipartisan support and popularity.

I think its a safe way for them to coverup him being a tax cheat too. My opinion only based on no documented facts. But come on, given there record in nominating and how crooked these guys are I would not be surprised

cindy25
02-13-2009, 07:39 AM
he probably thought it was safer to be in the senate, than be serving at Rahm's pleasure.

I expect at some point even Hillary will be fired.

angelatc
02-13-2009, 11:14 AM

They worked out a deal, and the governor was sworn to appoint a Republican to the seat until the next election.

idiom
02-13-2009, 06:04 PM
They worked out a deal, and the governor was sworn to appoint a Republican to the seat until the next election.

Yeah. Cuz they are soooo trust worthy.

Aratus
02-14-2009, 08:28 AM
i still think judd gregg talked over commerce with barack obama and then freaked to the degree
where he wants to retire gracefully, even though this opens his seat up to young sununu... or
some lucky democrat despite the economic turbulence and hard times. he's retiring in 2010.

Zuras
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I think the realizing how important his voice and vote is in the legislature thanks to this last "obamanation" bill, along with not wanting to be a fallguy for Obama's unprecedented gerrymandering power grab, pretty much sealed his convictions to get out.