PDA

View Full Version : Is Facebook our future?

Nate K
02-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I've been wasting my energy in times past thinking of a way to bridge modern communication with our unvoiced message of Liberty. I didn't realize until recently we have everything we need and more in Facebook. Not only is it a great place to network with and share ideas with the like-minded, but even better at converting the rest!! It's too good really - the opportunity. Everything we need is already created and exists for us, no organizational funding needs, stressful maintenance or the rest - the market provides that! The free functions will only get better as they're forced to compete against similar social networks. That leaves us with one hell of an easier job than most of us were originally thinking. The odds are stacked with this crisis at hand, but we'll be cut enough slack to have a fighting chance if we move on this opportunity.

From my view, I see immense progress being made every day. This isn't some far off idea anymore; bored Facebook members are being bombarded daily with truth and liberty. Is there any other cause you can think of whose supporters put forth so much effort into consistently?? No! The only form of consistency America has experienced comes in the form of lies from the top! Truth spreads passionately from the bottom. Change also can only happen from the bottom up. What we're witnessing is a mass get-together of slaves while the master takes his nap..

Facebook allows you to network, join causes, join groups, post links and thoughts (seen by others), chat live, discuss issues on groups or pages, comment links or statuses, send messages, organize friends in groups, etc.! Not to mention all the applications that exist and can be created!

As you can see, it's all there for us to use. All YOU have to do is put into action all of that studying you've done!

I think most or some of you have facebook, so for those who don't (especially those who are a fountain of knowledge) - I encourage you to join Facebook (www.facebook.com) and help make this a cause worth fighting for!

If you're new, shoot me a PM if you wish and i'll show you around.

FreeMama
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I have converted many on FB already :D

It really is the ultimate conversion tool. :cool:

Post links, write notes, post videos, leave sarcastic away messages, use Thomas Jefferson quote applications. . . the list goes on and on and on. . . and under everything you post, people can comment then you can start debates and educate ;)

I think if everyone on this forum had a Facebook, and used it every single day to post stuff there, it would spread like wildfire converting thousands per week. Especially as the market continues to tank!

satchelmcqueen
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
been thinking of putting up my own facebook minded RP message page.

Nate K
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
been thinking of putting up my own facebook minded RP message page.

Do you mean registering an account for FB or do you have one already?

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
It's definitely a great tool.

bobbyw24
02-13-2009, 06:30 AM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65179460922

bobbyw24
02-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I started the group with the hope that people would join RPF for the first time or get active again.

Not a bad start

zach
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Now if I could learn people's names, it would be easier. :p

brandon
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
We already run most of the internets.

If we want to have viable campaigns we need to reach people that aren't on the internets.

liberteebell
02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I posted this on another thread this morning:

A suggestion: get on facebook and post tons of Austrian economics articles. In the past two weeks, I've gotten feedback from (count 'em) 6 different fb friends, none of whom are involved in politics, thanking me for the information. One gal said that she reads everything I post. :D:D:D

fb is a wonderful tool. Respectful debate (and I'm finding a great deal of it on fb) goes a LOOOOOONG way towards awakening people. Once people see our passion for saving our country, our logic, our principles and our knowledge on economics in particular, they find it very difficult to not believe us. :D

A couple of RP peeps and I have been debating a fellow with an MBA from one of the Big Econ schools--he likes us and respects our knowledge!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Another friend from high school thanked me for what I'm doing. :D:cool:

Please though, I'm begging everyone to be kind and respectful. It does the movement harm if we call people names and treat people unkindly. We have a golden opportunity with the economic issues. We need to take advantage of it.

liberteebell
02-13-2009, 11:38 AM
We already run most of the internets.

If we want to have viable campaigns we need to reach people that aren't on the internets.

Well, we CAN do both...

Bontemps
02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, we CAN do both...

Sure can, just get out and talk to somebody, anybody, just strike up a conversation. eventually that conversation will head toward the economy etc. then BAM! we're in!

Nate K
02-13-2009, 03:00 PM
I have converted many on FB already :D

It really is the ultimate conversion tool. :cool:

Post links, write notes, post videos, leave sarcastic away messages, use Thomas Jefferson quote applications. . . the list goes on and on and on. . . and under everything you post, people can comment then you can start debates and educate ;)

I think if everyone on this forum had a Facebook, and used it every single day to post stuff there, it would spread like wildfire converting thousands per week. Especially as the market continues to tank!

I posted this on another thread this morning:

:D:D:D

fb is a wonderful tool. Respectful debate (and I'm finding a great deal of it on fb) goes a LOOOOOONG way towards awakening people. Once people see our passion for saving our country, our logic, our principles and our knowledge on economics in particular, they find it very difficult to not believe us. :D

A couple of RP peeps and I have been debating a fellow with an MBA from one of the Big Econ schools--he likes us and respects our knowledge!!!!!! :cool:

Another friend from high school thanked me for what I'm doing. :D:cool:

Please though, I'm begging everyone to be kind and respectful. It does the movement harm if we call people names and treat people unkindly. We have a golden opportunity with the economic issues. We need to take advantage of it.

Great to hear, keep this up!!

Dorfsmith
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I have also had a very high success rate of waking up friends and family at facebook. I post a lot of articles and youtube videos there and it's only a matter of time before my friends actually read or watch one of them.

mediahasyou
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
If gas prices soar past $4 again, I will start a 1,000,000 strong for eliminating taxes on gas.

Primbs
02-15-2009, 11:41 AM
It would be interesting to compare the number of facebook supporters in each state with the number of actual Ron Paul votes during the primary.

mediahasyou
02-15-2009, 01:52 PM
It would be interesting to compare the number of facebook supporters in each state with the number of actual Ron Paul votes during the primary.

Ron Paul was leading on Facebook well past the time he started sucking in the primaries.

fahayek
02-15-2009, 07:20 PM
YEAH! Revolution via Facebook! By the time you convert 6 people on Facebook, we'll be full blown communist standing in bread lines. Good luck.