PDA

View Full Version : College (and Meetup) Initiative: "EAT IN for Ron Paul"

kjdaugirdas
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
URGENT: Please PM me if you would like to be included on this order.

SIDE 1:
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/daugirda/shared/ronpaul/Eat%20in%20for%20Ron%20Paul.jpg

SIDE 2
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/daugirda/shared/ronpaul/Eat%20in%20for%20Ron%20Paul2.jpg

The idea:
"Eat in for Ron Paul". Keep track of how much money you spend on restaurant food in one week. Next week, eat in instead of going out. Take the money you saved and donate to Ron Paul.

The vehicle:
Small, business card-sized handout. One side shows Ron Paul and highlights 4 key issues. The other side has space to write down daily restaurant expenditures, and instructions on how to participate.

Intended audience:
Anyone, but primarily college students. They have a lot of discretionary income, and eat out ALL THE TIME. My rough estimate for a student's average weekly restaurant expenses is $25-$40 dollars.

Benefits:

Small size. Fits in wallet easily, so students may actually keep the card with them for an entire week.
Simple message. No Iraq. No Patriot Act. No American bankruptcy. No federal regulation of abortion and gay marriage. These are the issues that college students respond to.
Curiosity-inducing. Regardless of whether or not they are wild about Ron Paul, students may be curious to find out how much they spend on food in a week.
Practical. Encourages small but significant donations from a demographic that certainly HAS the money.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMEMBER: Q3 for Fundraising ends Sept. 30th! We need to step it up now!

I am putting in the order for these business cards before next Monday (9/17), and the sooner the better.

The printing service I am using can ship smaller parts of a large order to different addresses in the US. PLEASE PM me ASAP if you want to be a part of the order.

PRICING:

1000 / $79
5000 / $159
10000 / $289
20000 / $519
(+shipping)

From experience, I know that 2000 cards can EASILY be distributed on a college campus during a week by a group of 5-10 people. Assuming we can get a big order together, that means you'd be paying less than $30 per thousand cards.

Looking forward to hearing from you all. This could mean big bucks for Ron Paul!

misconstrued
09-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Cool idea. Good luck. Please let us know how it goes.

kjdaugirdas
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks. And I know I made it seem like a college-only thing, but it works with everyday people, too. Once people realize how much money they spend on something as frivolous as restaurant food, I think they might be inspired to give "fiscal responsibility" a try. :)

kjdaugirdas
09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
any more thoughts? I haven't seen any college- or 20-something-adult-oriented materials out there, it be nice to get something going... does everyone think this has a chance of being effective, if not necessarily to get people to eat in, then at least to win people over?