PDA

View Full Version : Racism on Glenn Beck and Fox News

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Not even a minute ago glenn beck was talking about how people are mooching off of the Obama admin. and people think its just going to be all good and money will just be handed out. They showed a clip of a Black woman saying she would no longer have to pay her mortgage or gas b/c he is president. Then his guest on the show says, " its like these people think that pork and kool-aid are goiing to fall from the sky."

I never really thought fox new was THAT racist as some claim, but its been getting worse. I'm just speechless right now.:confused:

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Not even a minute ago glenn beck was talking about how people are mooching off of the Obama admin. and people think its just going to be all good and money will just be handed out. They showed a clip of a Black woman saying she would no longer have to pay her mortgage or gas b/c he is president. Then his guest on the show says, " its like these people think that pork and kool-aid are goiing to fall from the sky."

I never really thought fox new was THAT racist as some claim, but its been getting worse. I'm just speechless right now.:confused:
You're racist for thinking that was racist. White people like pork and kool-aid too. :p

Nate K
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
uhh how is that racist? you're racist for identifying someone by their color.

axiomata
02-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't like having to defend Malkin, but "these people" is not racist. There was a clip of a white guy complaining about not being given benefits for his loyalty to McDonalds as well. "These people" are those people, no matter their race, who think they are entitled to government handouts.

JeNNiF00F00
02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
lol I don't even know how to respond to this.

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't like having to defend Malkin, but "these people" is not racist. There was a clip of a white guy complaining about not being given benefits for his loyalty to McDonalds as well. "These people" are those people, no matter their race, who think they are entitled to government handouts.

+1, my feelings exactly.

MRoCkEd
Oh wait, it was Malkin?
She is racist.
She wrote a book supporting the internment of all Muslims like we did with the Japanese in World War II.

gls
My question is, what are they doing to make sure none of this mortgage money ends up in the hands of white male construction workers???

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Your both obviously have never heard a racist comment about how black people eat pork and drink kool-aid. You could tell the guest knew she messed up by the look on her face. It was blatant racism, and for you to think im racist is absurd. I look forward to showing others that you think that because they will simply laugh. IF only you actually know who i am and what i think. Thanks for caring though assholes. This IS a racist comment.

and yes i like pork and kool-aid as well but just about everyone knows that that is something that racists make fun of african americans for. So dont play stupid.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2009, 04:03 PM
When's that hypocritical Malkin going to disappear? She's always talking faster than she thinks.

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-12-2009, 04:05 PM
if you saw the clip and the context of the conversation there is no debating that it was a racist comment

and to the person who commented about "these people" i dont believe that was racist either, b/c she was simply refering to those in the video. What she then proceeded to say was racist though. In my opinion anyways.

torchbearer
Your both obviously have never heard a racist comment about how black people eat pork and drink kool-aid. You could tell the guest knew she messed up by the look on her face. It was blatant racism, and for you to think im racist is absurd. I look forward to showing others that you think that because they will simply laugh. IF only you actually know who i am and what i think. Thanks for caring though assholes. This IS a racist comment.

and yes i like pork and kool-aid as well but just about everyone knows that that is something that racists make fun of african americans for. So dont play stupid.

Never heard of pork and kool-aid. that sounds more like white trash.
I have heard fried chicken and water-melon.
That would have been racist.
Pork could mean people who like government spending
and
kool-aid could mean crazy people who like government spending.

Paulitical Correctness
She wrote a book supporting the internment of all Muslims like we did with the Japanese in World War II.

Unbelievable, seriously?

Link. :eek::mad:

PS - a pork tenderloin with a glass of ice cold red koolaid sounds pretty good actually.

MsDoodahs
02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
My question is, what are they doing to make sure none of this mortgage money ends up in the hands of white male construction workers???

roflol

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM

I haven't ever heard that before. I am 100% serious.

axiomata
I decided to google pork and kool-aid to see if it was used anywhere on the web in a racist matter.

I couldn't find any evidence, but the first result cracked me up:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_pork_in_kool-aid

Smoke the Liberty Tree
and

I Live in southeast missouri in a small town with lots of ignorant people, and TRUST me, pork and kool-aid are in many racist comments about African Americans here. I have only lived here for 2 years and it disgusts me.

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Unbelievable, seriously?

Well actually maybe not exactly. She does defend the Japanese internment to support Racial Profiling of Muslims though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/50/InDefenseOfInternment.jpeg/250px-InDefenseOfInternment.jpeg

torchbearer
02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I Live in southeast missouri in a small town with lots of ignorant people, and TRUST me, pork and kool-aid are in many racist jokes about African Americans here. I have only lived here for 2 years and it disgusts me.

anyone else heard this being used as a racist stereotype?
Racism is still alive in this state... and i've never heard that before...
Most black people here don't eat pork products.

Paulitical Correctness
I decided to google pork and kool-aid to see if it was used anywhere on the web in a racist matter.

I couldn't find any evidence, but the first result cracked me up:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_pork_in_kool-aid

I googled pork & koolaid and found this racist shirt someone had made...

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ufd5ci.jpg

nate895
Well actually maybe not exactly. She does defend the Japanese internment to support Racial Profiling of Muslims though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/50/InDefenseOfInternment.jpeg/250px-InDefenseOfInternment.jpeg

Well, that is racist.

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
glad to see lots of responses. ALthough i disagree with some of you i appreciate you putting down your thoughts. Keep em' coming.

M House
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM
How exactly did the Japanese internment help us win WWII? I've never quite understood that argument.

AutoDas
02-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I've never heard Kool-Aid drinking and Pork barrel spending being a euphemism for racism. But we have a dark skinned President so if you criticize anyone that looks like him then anything you say is racist.

Mini-Me
02-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Pork and Kool-Aid? Jesus, how many foods are now related to racist comments about black people? I mean, I knew about the fried chicken, BBQ ribs, and watermelon stereotypes, but...pork and Kool-Aid? Seriously, I'm not sure how common of a stereotype that is, because I've never heard it.

In any case, judging by the Obama worshippers in general, it really does seem like Kool-Aid in particular is falling from the sky (Heaven's Gate reference of course).

torchbearer
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never heard Kool-Aid drinking and Pork barrel spending being a euphemism for racism. But we have a dark skinned President so if you criticize anyone that looks like him then anything you say is racist.

this.
edit: and this is why the obama forum satire crew yells racism to everything everyone says... except for those people who are really being racist.

Only a racist mind could imagine such a phrase as being racist.

axiomata
02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Not convinced she said it as a racist tract, but this will teach me to never play the devil's advocate and defend Malkin. She definitely has a history of racism.

I connected kool-aid with the common "do not drink the kool-aid" saying, in reference to Jonestown, where people should not just "drink" whatever the authority figure tells you.

And I connected pork with prok barrel spending.

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
How exactly did the Japanese internment help us win WWII? I've never quite understood that argument.

The argument goes that there might have been spies among the Japanese. Why that is a reason to lock up a whole group is beyond me.

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, I actually have heard of the kool-aid stereotype, though it is also used to describe what a cult follower drinks.

Paulitical Correctness
02-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Back in the day, us Paulites were accused of drinking koolaid. Maybe it was a shot at libertarianism?

/tinfoilomg

Mini-Me
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
The argument goes that there might have been spies among the Japanese. Why that is a reason to lock up a whole group is beyond me.

It's amazing that people like Malkin don't realize the backblow that widespread - and racist - wrongful imprisonment can have with respect to security. She thinks there may have been spies BEFORE internment? I'll bet there were a whole lot more spies and hostiles during and after internment.

M House
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Didn't some of our Japanese American's actually fight for us in the war?

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Well, I actually have heard of the kool-aid stereotype, though it is also used to describe what a cult follower drinks.

I know of the cult reference. I was actually the only person in knowledge bowl the other night to know the Jim Jones reference.

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM

They were recruited in the camps and sent to the European Front, from fear of defecting to the Japanese in the Pacific. They were basically left to die at Anzio.

M House
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Wow, that's nice.

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow, that's nice.

It wasn't entirely the fault of racism. They volunteered to spearhead, and bad planning led to a failure and many died or were captured. Few of any race escaped alive.

M House
02-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Interesting story about one of them http://www.homeofheroes.com/profiles/profiles_miyamura.html

MsDoodahs
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I Live in southeast missouri in a small town with lots of ignorant people, and TRUST me, pork and kool-aid are in many racist comments about African Americans here. I have only lived here for 2 years and it disgusts me.

So you are not only a racist, you're also an elitist, I see. :rolleyes:

If you're so disgusted by those ignorant folk in that town, maybe you should MOVE.

Young Paleocon
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
I am also from Southeast Missouri. Kool aid is sometimes correlated with black people. I didn't know they had the pork market cornered though. :) However, she was making fun of Obama people and in the context of Obama and the stimulus...these people want handouts also known as, PORK, and they worship Obama like he's Jesus resurrected....KOOL AID DRINKERS. Please take a few steps back and take your finger off the "defensive racist reactionary" button.

ChaosControl
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM

What is racist there?

Knightskye
02-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Sounds like the guest was talking about Obama's supporters. "These people."

Nate K
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
lol!!!! black people are known for pork and kool-aid? Most ridiculous defense i've heard of.

Pretty sure it's well known what pork and kool-aid represent.

Epic
02-12-2009, 05:52 PM
What I'm getting out of this is that there is nothing you can say that isn't racist.

Just today, this msnbc guy apologized for saying "colored people" after expanding on the NAACP acronym!

decatren
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
You're racist for thinking that was racist. White people like pork and kool-aid too. :p

bump!

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
What I'm getting out of this is that there is nothing you can say that isn't racist.

Just today, this msnbc guy apologized for saying "colored people" after expanding on the NAACP acronym!
wow
if they don't want people to say it, they should change it to NAAAAP. (african-american)
oh wait, then people would pronounce it "Nap," sounding too much like "Nappy-headed hoes"

nate895
02-12-2009, 05:56 PM
wow
if they don't want people to say it, they should change it to NAAAAP. (african-american)
oh wait, then people would pronounce it "Nap," sounding to much like "Nappy-headed hoes"

But then they'd leave out other "oppressed" minorities.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
nt

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
But then they'd leave out other "oppressed" minorities.
NAANWP (non-white people)

nate895
02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
NAANWP (non-white people)

That would leave out the Hispanics. You just can't win with collectivism, you see.

How about the NAAIP "National Association for the Advancement of Individual People"

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
How about the NAAIP "National Association for the Advancement of Individual People"
That's called the campaign for liberty.

nate895
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
That's called the campaign for liberty.

I know, but I think it would be kind of funny to mock the racist race-baiters in the supposedly enlightened NAACP.

MRoCkEd
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I know, but I think it would be kind of funny to mock the racist race-baiters in the supposedly enlightened NAACP.
The NAAWP would be considered racist.

nate895
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
The NAAWP would be considered racist.

Even in countries like Zimbabwe where blacks are in power and took the land away from white farmers because the blacks were racists. You just can't win with government. Some group, whether it be racial, political, regional, economic, or just simply the color of the person's eyes, will have to take it up the ass.

dannno
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
African Americans with roots in the rural South also claimed a specific cultural meaning for chitlins. At an early date, forced reliance upon offal marked the foods of black southerners with a meaning different from those of whites. Until emancipation, African American food choice was restricted by the dictates of white society. Despite these restrictions, perhaps even as a retort of sorts, African Americans fashioned a cuisine of their own. Laws may have been enacted to regulate slave dress and codify slave mores, but in the kitchen freedom of expression was tolerated, even encouraged. As a result, African American cooks reinterpreted traditional foodways in an African-influenced manner and claimed chitterlings as distinctly African American.

Chitterling imagery pervades African American culture. The informal circuit of juke joints and clubs patronized by African Americans has long been called the "Chitlin Circuit." The bluesman Mel Brown, a veteran of the circuit, chose to title his early 1970s greatest hits album Eighteen Pounds of Unclean Chitlins and Other Greasy Blues Specialties.

When soul food came to the fore in the United States during the late 1960s and early 1970s, chitlins—along with watermelons and okra—were celebrated as a cultural sacrament. But not all African Americans embraced chitterlings as a preferred marker of identity. "You hear a lot of jazz about soul food," observed Eldridge Cleaver in 1968. "Take chitterlings: the ghetto blacks eat them from necessity while the black bourgeoisie has turned it into a mocking slogan . . . . Now that they have the price of a steak, here they come prattling about Soul Food."

http://www.answers.com/topic/chitterlings

Stop defending Michelle Malkin. Jeebus.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM

I live in a small town, and I am offended by this statement....

jkm1864
02-12-2009, 08:02 PM
You know going around looking for a racist under every bush well thats kind of paranoid. As a matter of fact it shows that you hate Your fellow man and to be honest makes You racist because You look for faults in other people. I am so fed up with people bringing this crap up all the time and to be honest people need to get a life and just worry about themselves.

FunkBuddha
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
anyone else heard this being used as a racist stereotype?
Racism is still alive in this state... and i've never heard that before...
Most black people here don't eat pork products.

I live in TN and I've heard about every racial epithet you can imagine but I've never heard the "pork and kool-aid" slur.

paulitics
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
and

I agree. Pork for pork spending...kool aid, as in Obama kool aid drinkers. I don't see how this is race specific at all. I hate fox, but i haven't heard anything racist except against Muslims.

RonPaulMania
02-12-2009, 08:14 PM

How is that racist? Is everything related to another race ipso facto racist if it isn't agreeable?

It used to be racism and anti-semitism were terms when you were against a race of people for the sake of being against that race, now it's when they disagree with you. It's maddening and down-right stupid.

tonesforjonesbones
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I am sick of the race card and political correctness. She CLEARLY meant pork barrel spending and drinkin the Obama kool aid...<eyeroll> She is a minority herself..so grow a thicker skin for gosh sakes. tones

Imperial
02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Every now and then racists do pop up though. Once Glenn Beck on CNN had a bigot on, that ultra-nationalist Dutch politician who made that controversial film and claims Islam is pure evil. Beck almost argued him when he realized the extent of the guy's beliefs, although he just tried to find common ground then.

Not that long ago something similar happened with some black guy talking about "his race" being racist by liking Obama and took it a little too far. Again though, Beck distanced himself. The fact his ppl aren't screened and rehearsed to the extent of other shows is good- of course slip-ups will happen.

Join The Paul Side
02-13-2009, 02:28 AM
When's that hypocritical Malkin going to disappear? She's always talking faster than she thinks.

She's hot so I hope she sticks around for a minute. Who listens to her anyways? ;)

Minuteman2008
02-13-2009, 04:36 AM

If you're constantly looking for racism you'll probably find it everywhere. I think labelling "pork and kool-aid" as racist is completely absurd. But in a country where so many use accusations of racism as a tool to shut down debate it's hardly surprising. I look forward to the day when people can easily shrug off the R label and engage in open honest debate without political correctness and noble lies. The current climate is just too much like Stalinist Russia. The climate in the UK and even Canada is much worse in this regard, and people can even be jailed for so-called racial slurs. I hope we don't go down that road, but I know there are a heck of a lot of people in the US who would happily go along with the program.

Bodhi
02-13-2009, 05:31 AM
I have heard of the kool aid stereotype but not the pork, chicken and watermelon yeah, but not pork. Anyway I think other people had it right about the pork and kool was meant in this context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_DEVaJJn1U

bobbyw24
02-13-2009, 06:24 AM
Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist. The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

RON PAUL

DAFTEK
02-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I guess I'm a typical white person clinging to my gun! Does that make me a racist? Please wake up, Glenn is not racist, blacks in this country are using racism to get whatever they want to fly so people can shut up... That is how racist Obama won the white house!

DAFTEK
02-13-2009, 07:53 AM
I am sick of the race card and political correctness. She CLEARLY meant pork barrel spending and drinkin the Obama kool aid...<eyeroll> She is a minority herself..so grow a thicker skin for gosh sakes. tones

:cool: +1 Agreed....

speciallyblend
02-13-2009, 08:13 AM
how would beck know?? His lips are firmly locked to the neo-con gops colon!!!!

speciallyblend
02-13-2009, 08:15 AM
I guess I'm a typical white person clinging to my gun! Does that make me a racist? Please wake up, Glenn is not racist, blacks in this country are using racism to get whatever they want to fly so people can shut up... That is how racist Obama won the white house!

your not a racist,but glenn beck is the definition of a complete suck-up ass!!
i do not buy anything that comes out of becks mouth. Beck is everyword i cannot say on this forum!!!

Brown Sapper
02-13-2009, 08:27 AM
The NAACP thought about changing their name, but decided not to because they didn't want anyone to forget where they came from.

DAFTEK
02-13-2009, 08:42 AM
your not a racist,but glenn beck is the definition of a complete suck-up ass!!
i do not buy anything that comes out of becks mouth. Beck is everyword i cannot say on this forum!!!

Lucky you still have a right to an opinion in the USSA.. :rolleyes:

Don't judge a book by it's cover, remember when people accused RP to be a racist? Most black people still do.... I grew up in the NYC slums of queens bridge, i know what racism is and pork and cool-aid ain't racism, read what Tones suggested.... :)

Dorfsmith
02-13-2009, 08:44 AM
lol i don't even know how to respond to this.

x2 :d

FunkBuddha
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I coworker just sent me this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erK6bKxpP1k&feature=channel_page)... It sounds like MSNBC might be a little racist as well.

speciallyblend
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Don't judge a book by it's cover, remember when people accused RP to be a racist? Most black people still do.... I grew up in the NYC slums of queens bridge, i know what racism is and pork and cool-aid ain't racism, read what Tones suggested.... :)

i never called beck a racist. I called him a suck up azz;)

FunkBuddha
02-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I coworker just sent me this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erK6bKxpP1k&feature=channel_page)... It sounds like MSNBC might be a little racist as well.

Sorry to quote myself and bump a thread but didn't anyone find that link funny? I thought it was a bit of synchronicity that my coworker sent me the link while this thread was carrying on.

Alawn
02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
You are insane. There was nothing racist about that comment. Have you really never heard about "pork" in bills or people mindlessly "drinking the kool-aid"?

hillertexas
02-13-2009, 05:48 PM

libertarian4321
02-14-2009, 01:04 AM

Not only did they fight in the European theater, the 442nd Regimental Combat Team was the most decorated unit in HISTORY OF THE US MILITARY. In other words, Michelle Malkin is a freakin' idiot.

Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) was a member of that unit and won the highest award available to a military man- the Congressional Medal of Honor.

constituent
02-17-2009, 08:00 AM
kool-aid? racist?

no. no. no.

now... if she'd have said "grape-drink" we'd be talkin' about a horse of a different color (so to speak).

as far as artificially flavored beverages go, kool-aid is unquestionably multi-cultural.

speciallyblend
02-17-2009, 08:12 AM

still trying to figure out where i called beck a racist?? i did not

beck is a talking toolhead that is all.

beck lost all credibility to me!!! he is trying his best suckup job and he is just trying to get you to watch his useless show!!

cradle2graveconservative
02-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Edit

constituent
02-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I've seen both the "yeah it's racist" and "no it's not (pork barrel spending etc.) replies in this thread, but I have yet to see the "who gives a damn?" reply.

Yea you have, you just haven't learned how to spot it when you see it.

nate895
02-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I've seen both the "yeah it's racist" and "no it's not (pork barrel spending etc.) replies in this thread, but I have yet to see the "who gives a damn?" reply. I figured as (mostly) Libertarians I'd be getting a whole host of replies along those lines, but all I've seen is people trying to justify it, and people saying it's racist. If you want freedom for everyone, you can't be jumping down the throats of everyone who says something that might be offensive to someone, somewhere, nor can you waste time trying to justify every comment ever said, or you won't have time for anything else. I'm not saying you shouldn't speak out against (or for) it, it's your right to, I'm simply trying to advise, that you can't allow yourself to care. Words have only the power you give to them, so don't give power to the words that don't matter.

Just because you should be free to do something doesn't mean it should go by unchallenged. Racism is wrong no matter how you cut it, and while I believe people should be able to be racist hicks all they want, I also have the right to denounce them for being a racist. Freedom is a two way street. You can do what you want, but don't expect others to stick up for the wrong thing.

Lucille
02-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Ridiculous.

cradle2graveconservative
02-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Edit

BlackTerrel
02-19-2009, 12:53 AM
if you saw the clip and the context of the conversation there is no debating that it was a racist comment

and to the person who commented about "these people" i dont believe that was racist either, b/c she was simply refering to those in the video. What she then proceeded to say was racist though. In my opinion anyways.

It's hard to judge by what you said because as you said it's all about context, but Fox News is definitely racist.