PDA

View Full Version : Perverting Lincoln's Birthday

UtahApocalypse
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
This is sick and disgusting. Today is Lincoln's birthday. If you liked him or not it is a day to celebrate the good things that he did. It is time to celebrate his life.

Watching the news though its been 80% "Obama is like Lincoln" "this is why Obama is so much the same" "Obama is Lincoln's legacy" It pisses me off that they have completely changed this day to a Obama lovefest yet again. If i was a ancestor of Lincoln I would be outraged and completely disappointed.

ChaosControl
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not a fan of Lincoln as he was opposed to states' rights and for a stronger central government. Sure it was all good to get rid of slavery, but that could and would have happened without the consolidation of power in a centralized government.

I bet had the whole stupid war never occurred the nation would have been united later anyway again, slavery would have ended anyway, we'd still have states' rights.

By the way, if you were an "ancestor" of Lincoln you'd have been dead for a long time. :P

nate895
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not a fan of Lincoln as he was opposed to states' rights and for a stronger central government. Sure it was all good to get rid of slavery, but that could and would have happened without the consolidation of power in a centralized government.

I bet had the whole stupid war never occurred the nation would have been united later anyway again, slavery would have ended anyway, we'd still have states' rights.

By the way, if you were an "ancestor" of Lincoln you'd have been dead for a long time. :P

Lincoln didn't free the slaves. Lincoln wanted to send them to Africa, and quite nearly succeeded.

Kludge
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
He's dead. He doesn't care. I don't care. This argument and holiday is pointless.

zach
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Lincoln didn't free the slaves. Lincoln wanted to send them to Africa, and quite nearly succeeded.

I learned that he wanted to free slaves, and he was awesome because of it.:rolleyes::p

ChaosControl
02-12-2009, 02:18 PM

I know he wanted to send them back.

JeNNiF00F00
02-12-2009, 02:21 PM
I learned that he wanted to free slaves, and he was awesome because of it.:rolleyes::p

Its exactly what I was taught in school as well, but we know better now don't we?

I think he also started the draft among other things that were bad.

Lincoln didn't feel that blacks were good enough to do business with the white business men and like Nate says he wanted to send them back to Africa. He wasn't for freeing the slaves to be 'free Americans'. He was freeing them so that the North would have the upper hand over the south as he was involved with the rich business men up in the north. Most of the civil war was about $$ and of course power. Basically he was a racist totalitarian, worse than Bush if that says anything. Its very telling if Obama is trying to follow in Lincolns footsteps.

ChaosControl
02-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Its exactly what I was taught in school as well, but we know better now don't we?

I think he also started the draft among other things that were bad.

Lincoln didn't feel that blacks were good enough to do business with the white business men and like Nate says he wanted to send them back to Africa. He wasn't for freeing the slaves to be 'free Americans'. He was freeing them so that the North would have the upper hand over the south as he was involved with the rich business men up in the north. Most of the civil war was about $$ and of course power. Basically he was a racist totalitarian, worse than Bush if that says anything. Its very telling if Obama is trying to follow in Lincolns footsteps.

What is it with America and propping up crappy presidents? They do it with both Lincoln and FDR.

In 50 years are they going to suddenly worship Bush too? Probably say he freed the world or some B.S.

nate895
02-12-2009, 02:40 PM
What is it with America and propping up crappy presidents? They do it with both Lincoln and FDR.

In 50 years are they going to suddenly worship Bush too? Probably say he freed the world or some B.S.

They did "great" things and the liberal psychobabble historians prop up those "great" deeds. Lincoln "freed the slaves" and "saved the 'Union'"; Wilson "made the world safe for democracy"; FDR got us out of the depression; LBJ gave us civil rights legislation and the "Great Society"; Reagan defeated communism; and Bush will have "liberated" Iraq if we don't stop the bleeding.

Kade
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
He's dead. He doesn't care. I don't care. This argument and holiday is pointless.

^This.

We are bleeding liberties out of our asses.

It's time to stop whining--- Let's go.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
The presidents that do the most for government are propped-up. After you get past the initial few founders... which btw, are also used as propaganda campaigns, it's all essentially about the Bureaucrats & Banks.

You'll never hear about about Lincoln and Grant killing the Prisoner exchange, which sentenced another 27,000 Americans to their slow demeaning deaths.

Or dozens of other acts... just text and words to gloss it all over.

On "Nationalist's Birthday, we need to reflect, how politicians and revisionists can make one either a Crusader or Criminal with a whip of the pen & pencil.

Kevin_Kennedy
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Lincoln was a tyrant, his birthday is no cause for celebration.

slothman
02-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Lincoln was a tyrant, his birthday is no cause for celebration.

I agree.
We should have an anti-day for Lincoln.
We "celebrate" all the bad things he did.

powerofreason
02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Lincoln was a racist, sociopathic mass murderer among other things. We ought to celebrate his assassination, not birth.

Kludge
02-12-2009, 05:45 PM
We ought to celebrate his assassination.

That'll show those statist motherfuckers!

powerofreason
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
That'll show those statist motherfuckers!

Woot!

Truth Warrior
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
We bought a mattress. :D

RSLudlum
02-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I've been calling today "National Collectivists' Day"; Lincoln's Bday, Darwin's Bday, and the NAACP's 100th anniversary.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-12-2009, 06:43 PM
In order to celebrate the good things that Lincoln did would require him to have done something good in the first place.