PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Offers Terminal Patients Doctor-Assisted Suicide Instead of Medical Care

WarDog
02-12-2009, 05:18 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,392962,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/americasfuture

ihsv
02-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Money talks, doesn't it? :(

PatriotLegion
02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
If these people want to die and they have a terminal illness.......let them.... Instead of the hospital continue to collect there "fee" for letting them live on in pain or wanting to die and because of "laws" won't let them...

I'm not saying let all terminal patients die but let it be there choose to die, I'm not for one give a doctor or hospital money if there not helping me get better. Better yet these "hospitals" are ran like businesses and if they don't make a profit they close'em!!! Like the 2 in Queens in New York that are going to be closed....

nate895
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
If these people want to die and they have a terminal illness.......let them.... Instead of the hospital continue to collect there "fee" for letting them live on in pain or wanting to die and because of "laws" won't let them...

I'm not saying let all terminal patients die but let it be there choose to die, I'm not for one give a doctor or hospital money if there not helping me get better. Better yet these "hospitals" are ran like businesses and if they don't make a profit they close'em!!! Like the 2 in Queens in New York that are going to be closed....

The complaint is that the government's medical program, for which these people's money was stolen from them to pay for, won't provide life prolonging treatment but will provide for physician-assisted suicide. People who oppose suicide shouldn't be forced to pay for it, and people who have payed taxes to support that program shouldn't be forced into that option.