PDA

View Full Version : Cable News Race (From Drudge)

Cowlesy
02-11-2009, 07:22 PM
CABLE NEWS RACE
TUES NITE, FEB 11, 2009
VIEWERS

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,494,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,658,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,370,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,305,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,190,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 1,847,000
CNN KING 1,761,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,485,000
CNN COOPER 1,286,000
CNN BLITZER 1,246,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,240,000

Not bad for him given he's only been on for a while.

ihsv
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see Billow Wryly at the bottom of that list

slacker921
02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Beck has been with FOX less than two months and he's already almost overtaken Hannity. ... they should have given Ron Paul more air time.

paulitics
02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
His time slot really sucks by the way. Not the biggest Beck fan, but I got to give him props here for high ratings at 5:00 when most people are at work or in traffic. The senior citizen market (75% of viewers, no exaggeration) are probably getting some healthy dose of RP and Schiff. This is good considering how it is a weak demographic for us.

Cowlesy
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
His time slot really sucks by the way. Not the biggest Beck fan, but I got to give him props here for high ratings at 5:00 when most people are at work or in traffic. The senior citizen market (75% of viewers, no exaggeration) are probably getting some healthy dose of RP and Schiff. This is good considering how it is a weak demographic for us.

You are absolutely right. 5pm is a piss-poor slot.

The only reason I get to watch his show is because I have a DVR.

gls
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
IIRC he was only averaging about 400K on CNNHN. Big step up.

itshappening
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
he is nearly beating Hannity who has a MUCH better prime TIME slot. that is quite good.

if they flipped Beck and Hannity, he would be close to topping O'Reilly.

Reason
02-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Drudge is definitely not a reliable source btw.

eOs
02-12-2009, 01:38 AM
what happened to ronpaulforums

mconder
02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Beck is on at like 2pm PST/5PM EST. If he was closer to prime time he would be doing much better. I believe he would surpass O'Rieley.

misterx
02-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Good for him. Like him or not, he's the best we have on cable news. His success could convince Fox to bring in more conservatives.

MsDoodahs
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Beck is on at like 2pm PST/5PM EST. If he was closer to prime time he would be doing much better. I believe he would surpass O'Rieley.

I agree.

FOX I AM TELLING YOU DITCH HANNITY AND REPLACE HIM WITH BECK.

AND REPLACE THE CURRENT BECK TIME SLOT WITH THE JUDGE, GET HIM ON AIR DAILY.

You will kick the ass of everyone else if you do this, Foxie. :)

MsDoodahs
02-12-2009, 09:11 AM
My cousin called me last night to tell me he has seen two of Beck's programs since the move to Fox and he REALLY likes Glen Beck.

Suddenly I don't sound like such a kookoo to my cousin anymore.

Thanks for that much, Glenn.

BUT YOU STILL OWE RON PAULERS AN ON AIR APOLOGY FOR COMPARING US TO TERRORISTS, DAMMIT. :p

misterx
02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
He wasn't talking about all of us, just the handfull that sent threats.

JoshLowry
02-12-2009, 10:05 AM
what happened to ronpaulforums

QFT

Ron Paul calling Beck a demagogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

What's a demagogue?

A leader who obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace.

He called Ron Paul the mayor of crazytown, refered to his supporters as terrorists, and also smeared him with 911 conspiracy garbage on his "Hour with RP".

This guy drove stakes through liberty and he will do it again when he has everyone's attention on Fox. No doubt about that.

Obama will do wonders for the neocons.

What the media is doing: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088

Cowlesy
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
QFT

Ron Paul calling Beck a demagogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

What's a demagogue?

A leader who obtains power by means of impassioned appeals to the emotions and prejudices of the populace.

He called Ron Paul the mayor of crazytown, refered to his supporters as terrorists, and also smeared him with 911 conspiracy garbage on his "Hour with RP".

This guy drove stakes through liberty and he will do it again when he has everyone's attention on Fox. No doubt about that.

Obama will do wonders for the neocons.

What the media is doing: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088

Josh I think you're absolutely right in the thinking one needs to keep their guard up.

First, Beck is fairly unstable as it is --- part of it is an act, but I think he's a bit unbalanced as well.

But, and you know it was coming, he's changed his tune big time since the primaries --- I mean he had an all-star line-up of guests including Ron Paul's former Foreign Policy Adviser (Scheuer), Ron's former economic adviser (Schiff) and a good friend in Thomas Woods. On top of that, he's yelling at Michael Steele that we don't trust him, and having Gerald Celente on for the doom talk.

I agree that one should be very wary of someone whose had such a change in tune, but we can also use his own message, filter it for what we want and use it to promote our values. The bottom line is he has about 2 million viewers that are hearing the messages of those we support, so I chalk this up in the win column for liberty.

Stay frosty.