View Full Version : Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty

Carole
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty

Obama's $1 trillion deficit-spending 'stimulus plan' seen as last straw

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88218

mconder
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I think this is one of the best ways to take on the beast as a whole instead of focusing on it's tentacles. We should all be encouraged by this. We should all be calling our state reps and encourage them to adopt similar measures in states that haven't yet. This could be very effective in the longterm game.

fr33domfightr
02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
This is interesting because some states are creditors and some are debtors. Those wishing to reafirm their sovereignty are probably the creditors. The debtor states like to receive more money than they provide in taxes, so it'll be interesting to see what those states do.

FF

Nate K
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Campaign for Liberty should be taking advantage of this and urging state members to persuade their legislators of this.

ihsv
02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
In order for the Federals to succeed in their schemes, they need the cooperation of the states.

Nate K
02-11-2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=54536375994

Join this facebook group. It's small now cause it was just created but i'm going to work with the creator..

Sematary
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
anything but WND or Newsmax please

worl
02-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I think this is one of the best ways to take on the beast as a whole instead of focusing on it's tentacles. We should all be encouraged by this. We should all be calling our state reps and encourage them to adopt similar measures in states that haven't yet. This could be very effective in the longterm game.

Already sent my rep. the New Hampshire resolution & asked him to support a similar one. Hopefully alabama will be on board soon.

Mike120170
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Sent the NH resolution to one of my local state reps, who just happened to have been my dentist for over 30 years. This is part of the 2nd response I rcvd from him.

Quote:
"My reference to the fact that the General Assembly is "blue" means that its leadership is totally controlled by the liberal wing of the NC Democrat Party just as the US Congress is, unfortunately. I invite you to come here and observe how things are done in Raleigh. I am proud of my record in the conservative ranks since 1964 and I have no apology to make to any constituent.

With the vast problems we are trying to address, we need support not condemnation. I hope you continue to stand for your firm beliefs."

I kindly replied back that support has to be earned, just as the condemnation has been earned.

UPDATE: Here is last reply I rcvd today from my rep.

"Thank you, Mike. I have just spent about 30 minutes with Representative Tim Moore, who is also an attorney, regarding this legislation. Such legislation would be symbolic and would not pass the Democrat controlled House. Although we agree with you, at this particular time it would be useless on our part in getting any legislation addressing this.

I appreciate your interest and hopefully the Republicans can take over in a couple of years and we can get some things done to save this state and nation.

Please continue to share your comments and concerns with us for they are greatly appreciated."