PDA

View Full Version : The GOOD side of the stimulus bill

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
There really is a good side - we shouldn't be so negative all the time.

First off, the 7 or 8 congress critters "reconsiling"(sp?) the House and Senate versions for once have to READ THE DAMB THING before they vote on it. Not only that, they have to read BOTH of those PHONE BOOK sized documents and for once will know what they are actually voting on.

Second, it's got high school students talking about it and asking excellent questions on national TV:

Q) How will you know if the stimulus worked and what is plan B?
A) It's predicted that it would take a couple of years to get the economy going if they did nothing, so if the economy gets going faster, it worked. There is no plan B.

Q) How are we going to pay all this money back?
A) Congress has decided to ignore that issue for now and deal with it later.

Q) What is Congress doing about illegal immigration - that costs americans jobs.
A) Congress isn't doing anything about it right now.

Q) What's going to happen to all these "green collar jobs" being created when the funding goes away?
A) Hopefully they will continue on their own.

Someone else called in and asked why reconsiling the bills was being done behind closed doors. Apparently Congress didn't consider letting the TV camera's in as they could work faster without the "distraction".

An older woman called in an asside from the usual ranting about her retirement shrinking because a lot of was locked up in a 401K, she asked the very pointed question: Isn't printing all this money going to make my money be worth less and further erode my retirement income? - SMILE! - people are getting it! FINALLY!

Another person asked what are all these tax cuts are going to do to help the unemployed - absolutely nothing!

Obama is pushing spending, while popular support is behind tax cuts - he's also having to try way to hard to push this over on the American people - that's going to burn some political capitol and erode his approval rating.

So when this pink elephant crashes and burns, when we are 10 Trillion more in debt (total) and the recession turns into a depression - then it's going to be harder for Obama to push through his agenda and a lot easier to replace Congress.

Yes, I think getting our country back just might be worth 10 Trillion dollars and some hard years ahead.

-t

Elwar
02-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Plus...look at all of the free money that we're all getting!

Oops...thought I was on the obama forum (http://www.theobamaforum.com)

StudentForPaul08
02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
EDIT: The GOOD side of the stimulus bill:

:cool:

fedup100
02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
I agree there is a good side, this will be the undoing of the federal government in the USA! They have sealed there fate and when the people finally get to see what this thing has in in it, the pitch forks and torches really are going to be put into use.

Thank goodness they tipped their hand so soon. :D

fr33domfightr
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
There really is a good side - we shouldn't be so negative all the time.

First off, the 7 or 8 congress critters "reconsiling"(sp?) the House and Senate versions for once have to READ THE DAMB THING before they vote on it. Not only that, they have to read BOTH of those PHONE BOOK sized documents and for once will know what they are actually voting on.

Second, it's got high school students talking about it and asking excellent questions on national TV:

Q) How will you know if the stimulus worked and what is plan B?
A) It's predicted that it would take a couple of years to get the economy going if they did nothing, so if the economy gets going faster, it worked. There is no plan B.

Q) How are we going to pay all this money back?
A) Congress has decided to ignore that issue for now and deal with it later.

Q) What is Congress doing about illegal immigration - that costs americans jobs.
A) Congress isn't doing anything about it right now.

Q) What's going to happen to all these "green collar jobs" being created when the funding goes away?
A) Hopefully they will continue on their own.

Someone else called in and asked why reconsiling the bills was being done behind closed doors. Apparently Congress didn't consider letting the TV camera's in as they could work faster without the "distraction".

An older woman called in an asside from the usual ranting about her retirement shrinking because a lot of was locked up in a 401K, she asked the very pointed question: Isn't printing all this money going to make my money be worth less and further erode my retirement income? - SMILE! - people are getting it! FINALLY!

Another person asked what are all these tax cuts are going to do to help the unemployed - absolutely nothing!

Obama is pushing spending, while popular support is behind tax cuts - he's also having to try way to hard to push this over on the American people - that's going to burn some political capitol and erode his approval rating.

So when this pink elephant crashes and burns, when we are 10 Trillion more in debt (total) and the recession turns into a depression - then it's going to be harder for Obama to push through his agenda and a lot easier to replace Congress.

Yes, I think getting our country back just might be worth 10 Trillion dollars and some hard years ahead.

-t

Regarding the "reading" of the bill, this will be delegated to a large group of underlings to plod through. All representatives should be REQUIRED to read it. After all, how the hell is the average person supposed to read it if its the size of a bible?!?!?

Did any of those good questions get good answers?? I doubt it.

The Tax Cut issue is a good point. Those that are recently unemployed as of late 2008 would benefit from tax cuts since taxes are paid on last years work. Looking forward, tax cuts for the 2009 tax year won't help those that were laid off already in 2008 or early in 2009 since they wouldn't qualify (income too low to tax).

Rebate checks are the best fair way to return money to everyone who has been working and paying taxes. More likely than not, people who have been working probably have the largest debt, whereas homeless people don't have anything. Under Bush, this actually probably helped, but it was too little. Do a rebate like they did, every month for a year, and see what happens!!

I like the idea of reducing payroll taxes, but there isn't an equitable way to pay everyone (working and laid-off workers).

FF

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Did any of those good questions get good answers?? I doubt it.

I thought so - answers are after questions in the original post.

Well ACCURATE answers, that is...

-t