PDA

View Full Version : McCain eligibility checked by Congress but not Obama's

lynnf
02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
hmmmm, one set of standards for one candidate, and another set for another, sounds like typical skulduggery by a Democrat-controlled Congress, of course favoring their candidate!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88566

Eligibility issue: McCain checked but not Obama
Lawsuit contends Congress failed to qualify Democrat for Oval Office

excerpt:

'"Ultimately there has never been any real resolution of this issue. Congress cannot legislatively change the meaning of the Constitution," she told the newspaper, saying a constitutional amendment or a U.S. Supreme Court ruling would be the way to reach a determination.

However, even though his clients wrote to Congress requesting a similar review of Obama's birthplace, they were refused. '

lynn

kombayn
02-10-2009, 08:30 PM
not this crap again. you guys never learn.

lynnf
02-10-2009, 08:39 PM
not this crap again. you guys never learn.

I think it's you guys that never learn. this isn't going away until it's resolved, one way or the other. it's not this stuff again, it's this stuff still, it didn't go away.

lynn

kombayn
02-10-2009, 08:51 PM
he's proven to be born on u.s. soil (hawai'i). so ya, it is over. mccain wasn't born on u.s. soil.

lynnf
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
he's proven to be born on u.s. soil (hawai'i). so ya, it is over. mccain wasn't born on u.s. soil.

oh, yeah, where's the proof? on the Daily Kos website? ha, ha, ha the joke's on you!

lynn

Bruno
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM

no such thing has been proven - he has only provided a copy of a birth certificate that does not list the physician or the hospital

penguin
02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
He is a dual citizen so it doesn't matter where he was born, he is not the president.

Zera
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
He is a dual citizen so it doesn't matter where he was born, he is not the president.

With how vague the Constitution is on what a natural born citizen is, how can you say that have dual citizenship makes you illegible?

You guys really need to take a look at your priorities. It is simply sad that your heads are so far up your asses that you're still clinging on to shit like when you should be more interested in what the hell he's doing.

This is why we're considered a satire site...

libertarian4321
02-12-2009, 12:28 AM
With how vague the Constitution is on what a natural born citizen is, how can you say that have dual citizenship makes you illegible?

You guys really need to take a look at your priorities. It is simply sad that your heads are so far up your asses that you're still clinging on to shit like when you should be more interested in what the hell he's doing.

Yup. Every time I come onto the forums, it seems that more and more of the rational people are leaving, and the nut jobs are left behind.

As I've been saying for months, this "crusade" was pointless, doomed to failure, and best left to the right wing wackos.

Yet a certain small group on these forums continues to flog this dead horse.

Dragging us all down with them, making us look as idiotic as they do.

Its sad, really- these people will destroy what is left of the movement.

lynnf
02-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Yup. Every time I come onto the forums, it seems that more and more of the rational people are leaving, and the nut jobs are left behind.

As I've been saying for months, this "crusade" was pointless, doomed to failure, and best left to the right wing wackos.

Yet a certain small group on these forums continues to flog this dead horse.

Dragging us all down with them, making us look as idiotic as they do.

Its sad, really- these people will destroy what is left of the movement.

well, you are wrong, once again ( I'm reminded of the Gipper's old saw "There you go again!" meted out to Jimmy Carter)

the movement is strong right now, if you haven't noticed. in two weeks, there will be a state convention held in Austin, Tx, with more probably happening around the country in the future. and with Obama's miscues, and they will be many if he continues in the same direction that he has so far, our numbers will only grow. more and more are waking up daily.

and since you can't notice these things, no wonder that you consider this issue a dead horse - but we on this forum can see your agenda from all the posts that you have made on the Obama Certificate of Live Birth issue. it's also not surprising that you are imitating your hero, Obama's, Chicken Little tactic of saying the "sky is falling" to try to get what you want.

keep on trying "libertarian", this won't go away until it is resolved. and keep on helping to keep these posts bumped up! that, at least, is appreciated.

lynn

Truth Warrior
02-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Maybe they were only scared that he just might play the "race card" :eek: , if they checked. :p :rolleyes: Perhaps the SCOTUS is TOO.

Bruno
02-12-2009, 06:57 AM

I have enough time in my day to entertain the thought the he might not have been born in the U.S., and therefore did not meet the Constitutional requirements to be president, AND pay attention to what the hell he is doing. I also walk and chew gum at the same time while juggling.

It doesn't have to be either/or.

And there are plenty of average folks out there who question his presidential qualifications as well. :p

libertarian4321
02-14-2009, 02:06 AM
the movement is strong right now, if you haven't noticed. in two weeks, there will be a state convention held in Austin, Tx, with more probably happening around the country in the future. and with Obama's miscues, and they will be many if he continues in the same direction that he has so far, our numbers will only grow. more and more are waking up daily.

The convention in Austin has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS IDIOTIC AND DESTRUCTIVE CRUSADE you are on.

keep on trying "libertarian", this won't go away until it is resolved. and keep on helping to keep these posts bumped up! that, at least, is appreciated.

Look, you can continue to embarrass yourself- I suspect its nothing new to you. But you are now embarrassing the movement- you play right into the "tin foil hat" stereotype, and drag the rest of us down with you.

I can't stop you from making a fool of yourself, but I can continue to post and show the people that read these forums that we aren't all lunatics.

Fair enough?

As I've said all along, its RATIONAL to oppose Obama on his policies, but you are in tin foil hat territory with this crusade.

BTW, how successful has your crusade to "remove Obama because he isn't eligible" been? That's right, its gone NOWHERE (and it will go nowhere).

At the same time, you (and people like you) weaken the movement by making us all look like lunatics.

We can't accomplish anything until we get a large portion of the American people behind us- and when the first encounter people have with the movement is someone that the average American would consider a fringe lunatic, it just scares them away (this also applies to "truthers", chemtrail conspiracists, and the like).

I know, this is probably over your head- but I thought I'd throw it out there one more time in hopes that you might catch on.

lynnf
02-14-2009, 06:47 AM
The convention in Austin has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS IDIOTIC AND DESTRUCTIVE CRUSADE you are on.

Look, you can continue to embarrass yourself- I suspect its nothing new to you. But you are now embarrassing the movement- you play right into the "tin foil hat" stereotype, and drag the rest of us down with you.

I can't stop you from making a fool of yourself, but I can continue to post and show the people that read these forums that we aren't all lunatics.

Fair enough?

As I've said all along, its RATIONAL to oppose Obama on his policies, but you are in tin foil hat territory with this crusade.

BTW, how successful has your crusade to "remove Obama because he isn't eligible" been? That's right, its gone NOWHERE (and it will go nowhere).

At the same time, you (and people like you) weaken the movement by making us all look like lunatics.

We can't accomplish anything until we get a large portion of the American people behind us- and when the first encounter people have with the movement is someone that the average American would consider a fringe lunatic, it just scares them away (this also applies to "truthers", chemtrail conspiracists, and the like).

I know, this is probably over your head- but I thought I'd throw it out there one more time in hopes that you might catch on.

if you're hoping for me to stop, forget it -- in fact, check out my new thread on the new case that Berg filed - Hollister v Soetoro here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=179513

and thanks again for the bump

lynn

Sandra
02-14-2009, 07:08 AM
if you're hoping for me to stop, forget it -- in fact, check out my new thread on the new case that Berg filed - Hollister v Soetoro here:

lynn

Something tells me if this guy was a white Republican, you would care less. Also you Do know the forum position for deliberately creating new threads about the same subjects after bumping up the old ones, right?

lynnf
02-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Something tells me if this guy was a white Republican, you would care less.

ah, and there goes the race card, again -- wish I had the link to that graphic, maybe I'll search for it in the other posts and insert later if I have the time.

well, you would be just plain wrong. and your lack of ability to come back with anything more than this is telling. and, by the way, what is the "something" that tells you that? just what calculus is it that are you using to determine that?
inquiring minds want to know! can you read people's minds? is your IQ so high that it just makes you know everything?

lynn

Sandra
02-14-2009, 07:37 AM
ah, and there goes the race card, again -- wish I had the link to that graphic, maybe I'll search for it in the other posts and insert later if I have the time.

well, you would be just plain wrong. and your lack of ability to come back with anything more than this is telling. and, by the way, what is the "something" that tells you that? just what calculus is it that are you using to determine that?
inquiring minds want to know! can you read people's minds? is your IQ so high that it just makes you know everything?

lynn

Rant all ya want. If he were white, you wouldn't care. Pretend it's something else if you wish but you're not fooling anybody.

lynnf
02-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Rant all ya want. If he were white, you wouldn't care. Pretend it's something else if you wish but you're not fooling anybody.

thank you for your permission. and you aren't convincing anybody that counts.

lynn

Sandra
02-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Where are all of your threads questioning McCain's eligibility during the campaign? I don't see any.

Bruno
02-14-2009, 08:28 AM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would still care. I did, in fact, care when there was talk about Schwarzenegger running.

A lot of people had a problem with it, and said there should NOT be an amendment to the Constitution that would allow a citizen not born in the U.S. to be come president.

I also had an issue with it when it was McCain's eligibility being questioned, as did many others as well.

Truth Warrior
02-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Something tells me if this guy was a white Republican, you would care less. Also you Do know the forum position for deliberately creating new threads about the same subjects after bumping up the old ones, right?

If Barry were white and born in Canada the ISSUE would remain the SAME, EXACTLY.

BTW, Berg is/was a Hillary Democrap. :D

Sandra
02-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would still care. I did, in fact, care when there was talk about Schwarzenegger running.

A lot of people had a problem with it, and said there should NOT be an amendment to the Constitution that would allow a citizen not born in the U.S. to be come president.

I also had an issue with it when it was McCain's eligibility being questioned, as did many others as well.

I agree . I was wondering where lynnf's threads of outrage about McCain's eligibility were.

lynnf
02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I agree . I was wondering where lynnf's threads of outrage about McCain's eligibility were.

I had some posts on this forum about McCain's eligibility and I'm not convinced he is/was. Of course, his situation is very different than Obama's -- McCain was born of two American parents and was supposedly born on American territory (although there is some question about whether the hospital that he was claimed to be born in was in existence at the time of birth). I don't consider it good enough to be born just on territory but that was settled by Goldwater's court case regarding Arizona territory. But McCain wasn't selected and Obama was and that makes it a more serious matter. And both cases show the need for Secretaries of State at the state level to properly determine eligibility rather than just have the candidate sign off.

If it were McCain instead of Obama I'd be just as loud, and for your information I wouldn't vote for McCain and I don't like him, either.

lynn

Zera
02-14-2009, 12:09 PM
libertarian4321, rational thinking no longer exists on this board. I always tried to say that, for example, 9/11 troofers were just a minority of Ron Paul supporters when people claimed all of them were these, and that the man himself surely does not believe in that kind of nonsense. But what can you be led to believe when you see someone's most voiced supporters sounding like lunatics? A lot of people I know dismissed him purely for this reason during the primary season.

So now, when we're trying to get more people to realize how right Ron Paul has been for so long, we have idiots like these people, again, being the loudest of supporters who, as you said, fit the very typical tin foil hat conspirasist stereotype. We are just going to be dismissed again, made fun of, and completely ignored when it matters the most to be recognized. It saddens me to say it, but this movement will go nowhere if the number one priority of these people is to be Obama birth troofers.

lynnf
02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
libertarian4321, rational thinking no longer exists on this board. I always tried to say that, for example, 9/11 troofers were just a minority of Ron Paul supporters when people claimed all of them were these, and that the man himself surely does not believe in that kind of nonsense. But what can you be led to believe when you see someone's most voiced supporters sounding like lunatics? A lot of people I know dismissed him purely for this reason during the primary season.

So now, when we're trying to get more people to realize how right Ron Paul has been for so long, we have idiots like these people, again, being the loudest of supporters who, as you said, fit the very typical tin foil hat conspirasist stereotype. We are just going to be dismissed again, made fun of, and completely ignored when it matters the most to be recognized. It saddens me to say it, but this movement will go nowhere if the number one priority of these people is to be Obama birth troofers.

Ron wasn't ignored because of any truthers, he was ignored because the system is corrupt - he would have been ignored if truthers had never existed, and everyone here knows it, so you Obama shills keep on making false accusations, it won't help at all.

lynn

libertarian4321
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM

lynn

I don't expect you to stop any more than I'd expect a rabid dog to "stop."

However, I can continue to point out that you don't represent the rational wing of the movement.

libertarian4321
02-18-2009, 11:58 PM

We always had people on this board that were just bat shit crazy. However, early on, they were a small minority- most of the people were pretty rational. Early on, even most of the truthers managed to tone it down because they knew that their ideas would not reflect well upon Ron Paul.

Unfortunately, over time, most of the rational folks have moved on with their lives- coming here rarely, if at all.

At the same time, the rabid nuts have not only stayed, they seem to be here 24-7.

They make all of us, including Ron Paul, look bad.

I guess the best we can hope for is that not many outside people read these forums anymore.

Its too bad, because if RP does decide to make another run, the rantings of people like Lynn and others will be used to make him look like a wing nut and drag him down.

lynnf
02-19-2009, 06:01 AM
I don't expect you to stop any more than I'd expect a rabid dog to "stop."

However, I can continue to point out that you don't represent the rational wing of the movement.

more ad-hominem attack, no substance. like a broken record. I'd ask why you even bother to respond, but it's obvious y'all are just interested in being Obama shills so why bother?

but again, thanks for the bump.

lynn