PDA

View Full Version : the REAL Reason we lost 08'

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
There have been many theories. From the campaign failures, all the way to a huge global conspiracy.

Want the truth? I will tell you.....

The American public at large do not care, are unaware, and follow the media. They do not research any of the facts on issues. They do not really know what our government is supposed to actually do. They are why we lost the election.

I saw the best example of this today on the back of a car. Below I will represent the bumper stickers I saw, you should see the problem.

An armed population is of Citizens
A unarmed populace is of Subjects

Obama 08'
Change

Truth Warrior
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Darn, I was guessing, just not enough counted votes. ;)

amonasro
02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
It's because the average voter watches CNN for 10 minutes a day or checks Yahoo News and thinks they are informed. The average voter doesn't care too much about politics if their life is hunky-dory and are content to have their news spoon fed to them. Hopefully that will change in the next election.

speciallyblend
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
no sorry i disagree. the main reason RON PAUL did not win, is the corrupt gop leadership from the national to the state!!! that is the bottom line. dirty tactics by gop scum!!

no one wanted to join a party that is full of bs. asking someone to join the gop was like asking them to torture someone. they were not interested in the gop after 8yrs of bush and the gop leadership!!

the blame is all on the gop's shoulders!!

amonasro
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
no sorry i disagree. the main reason RON PAUL did not win, is the corrupt gop leadership from the national to the state!!! that is the bottom line. dirty tactics by gop scum!!

that too :D

It was a combination of things, really

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2009, 07:17 PM

no one wanted to join a party that is full of bs. asking someone to join the gop was like asking them to torture someone. they were not interested in the gop after 8yrs of bush and the gop leadership!!

the blame is all on the gop's shoulders!!

Again.... had enough people spent time and researched, learned all about the true policies and effects. then matched up to the right candidate they would have all told the GOP where to stick it. It all comes down to what the majority of people believe, and do.

mediahasyou
02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes the media has you.

That is why the media must be gained first before any change happens.

tangent4ronpaul
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes the media has you.

That is why the media must be gained first before any change happens.

Or routed arround...

-t

powerofreason
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Not enough people have heard of the libertarian message, or they misunderstand it, or they truly do not care. I'd say most of the people at my school care very little, unfortunately. They're worried about relationships and parties, not freedom.

slacker921
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM
this (http://www.journalism.org/node/9610)

voytechs
02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
There have been many theories. From the campaign failures, all the way to a huge global conspiracy.

Want the truth? I will tell you.....

The American public at large do not care, are unaware, and follow the media. They do not research any of the facts on issues. They do not really know what our government is supposed to actually do. They are why we lost the election.

I saw the best example of this today on the back of a car. Below I will represent the bumper stickers I saw, you should see the problem.

So true. Most people need to get a kick in the butt to even care about politics, let alone about national economic policy. They are getting it now, more and more people are thinking about it. Of course they are coming to the wrong conclusion in most cases. Just listening to conversations in the local barber shop today was painful.

fj45lvr
02-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Lack of knowledge

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Did anyone not catch the bumper stickers problem from my first post?

They guy seems to want good 2nd amendment rights, yet was supporting Obama.

emazur
02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Did anyone not catch the bumper stickers problem from my first post?

They guy seems to want good 2nd amendment rights, yet was supporting Obama.

Yes that would be contradictory, until you consider that maybe that guy doesn't want us to be citizens, he wants us to be subjects (look at the Obama supporters around you - do they display the desire to be individual citizens or the characteristics of of subjects?)

jacmicwag
02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, it's probably good we didn't win this go-around since the economy was destined to tank no matter what. And you know who would take the blame for that. Obama will get his chance just like Bush did and then the world might be ready (desperate) for real change.

Bossobass
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
this (http://www.journalism.org/node/9610)

100% without question.

The only prime time TV exposure RP got was the debates where they left the mics open so that the bought-and-paid-for Rudy McRomney douche-fest could laugh, cackle and giggle after the set-up 'questions' were asked of Ron.

Yes, people follow the media...and the media pissed all over Ron Paul when they weren't completely blacking him out from it altogether. John McCain, Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani were willing accomplices, for which fact I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Were RP given equal time, it would have been a completely different race, the OP's assessment of the general population notwithstanding.

Bosso