PDA

View Full Version : ROmney and Rudy backingout of debates?

walt
09-13-2007, 07:13 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_presidential_debates,_2008

September 17, 2007 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The first-ever "Values Voters" Presidential Debate will be held for the GOP candidates. It will be live on television on Sky Angel, and live on many Christian radio stations, including the VCY America network and WKBF-AM, and online on the American Family Association Web site. Six Republicans--Cox, Brownback, Huckabee, Hunter, Ron Paul, and Tancredo--will attend. A similar event was planned for the Democratic candidates September 24, but none would confirm their participation.[34]

[edit] September 27, 2007 - Baltimore, Maryland
PBS plans a Republican debate in Baltimore, Maryland, at Morgan State University.[35]

Front-runners Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani are unlikely to attend, but event organizers say that the debate will continue on schedule as planned for September 27th, 2007.

AlexAmore
09-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Well it makes sense when you realize that Rudy and Mitt are liberals. Rudy is an abortionholic and Mitt is a flip flopper and is probably sick of hearing it. This debate will make them look really bad, but backing out makes them look bad as well. Maybe they are trying to just cut their losses in some way.

ctb619
09-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Well it makes sense when you realize that Rudy and Mitt are liberals. Rudy is an abortionholic and Mitt is a flip flopper and is probably sick of hearing it. This debate will make them look really bad, but backing out makes them look bad as well. Maybe they are trying to just cut their losses in some way.

That doesn't explain why they're not attending the PBS debate.

Phil M
09-13-2007, 07:22 PM
And they're giving Fred an excuse to not attend either. He might end up not attending a single debate.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 07:22 PM
They never agreed to participate. Last I knew, McCain was going to be there either. (I'm talking about the "Values" debate here). I didn't know about the PBS one. Is Dr. Paul going to attend that one?

d'anconia
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
I remember hearing that a lot of the Neo-Cons don't like PBS because they aired some movie that the big-government types didn't like. Don't remember what documentary it was but last thing I remember Bush was trying to cut funding to PBS.

ctb619
09-13-2007, 07:32 PM
I watched the Democratic debate on PBS and it was by far the fairest format I've seen...maybe that is what Rudy and Willard are afraid of

Paulitician
09-13-2007, 07:37 PM
They're cut & running liberals! I know the Values Voters debate won't mean much but hopefully if they don't show up to the PBS debate their numbers will decrease. I wouldn't mind if Fred does attend the PBS event though. Then everyone will get to see how stupid and shallow he is.

RP4ME
09-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I remember hearing that a lot of the Neo-Cons don't like PBS because they aired some movie that the big-government types didn't like. Don't remember what documentary it was but last thing I remember Bush was trying to cut funding to PBS.

Uhh pretty much every Moyer's episode is anti-bush! RP woudl thrive in a PBS debate and Neocons loose control. No unfair advantage fo rthem so oooopse cant make it!

itsnobody
09-13-2007, 07:45 PM
They never agreed to participate. Last I knew, McCain was going to be there either. (I'm talking about the "Values" debate here). I didn't know about the PBS one. Is Dr. Paul going to attend that one?

Yes, thats the one in Maryland...I emailed the official Ron Paul event organizer and she said yes he will attend....I'm still trying to get hundreds of Ron Paul supporters there...

Free Ticket Information:
Tickets will be available for pick up on a first come, first served basis at 10am on Monday, September 17th at the Murphy Fine Arts Center box office located at 2201 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21251. LIMIT 2 TICKETS PER HOUSEHOLD.

Out-of-Town guests may request/obtain tickets, by calling the Murphy Fine Arts Center box office at (443) 885-4440 during business hours (Mon-Fri: 10 AM - 7 PM; and Saturdays: 10 AM - 4 PM) starting at 10 AM EDT Monday, September 17th. To be added to the ticket "reservation" list, you will be required to provide your name, phone number, and address (name and address must match name and address on government-issued photo ID). Tickets WILL NOT be mailed. LIMIT 2 TICKETS PER HOUSEHOLD. All guests must show a valid government-issued photo ID ( i.e., driver's license, passport, etc.) in order to pick up tickets; all reserved tickets not picked up by 6pm, Thursday, September 27th will be made available to the general public.

Noog
09-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Is this debate going to be broadcast live on PBS?

ctb619
09-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Is this debate going to be broadcast live on PBS?

I would assume so, the Democrat version was

walt
09-13-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=17905

freedomsoundmoney
09-13-2007, 08:40 PM
thats fine with me. isn't about time they dropped out of the race too? :D

recess
09-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Yes, thats the one in Maryland...I emailed the official Ron Paul event organizer and she said yes he will attend....I'm still trying to get hundreds of Ron Paul supporters there...

Free Ticket Information:
Tickets will be available for pick up on a first come, first served basis at 10am on Monday, September 17th at the Murphy Fine Arts Center box office located at 2201 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21251. LIMIT 2 TICKETS PER HOUSEHOLD.

Out-of-Town guests may request/obtain tickets, by calling the Murphy Fine Arts Center box office at (443) 885-4440 during business hours (Mon-Fri: 10 AM - 7 PM; and Saturdays: 10 AM - 4 PM) starting at 10 AM EDT Monday, September 17th. To be added to the ticket "reservation" list, you will be required to provide your name, phone number, and address (name and address must match name and address on government-issued photo ID). Tickets WILL NOT be mailed. LIMIT 2 TICKETS PER HOUSEHOLD. All guests must show a valid government-issued photo ID ( i.e., driver's license, passport, etc.) in order to pick up tickets; all reserved tickets not picked up by 6pm, Thursday, September 27th will be made available to the general public.

My girlfriend and I will be there cheering on RP

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Im thinking they do it to marginalize the other candidates. Being on the same stage as Rudy, implies that you are on the same level as him.

itsnobody
09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
My girlfriend and I will be there cheering on RP

Good tell all your other RP friends to show up too...me and 3 other UMD students will be there...I'm trying to get hundreds of Ron Paul supporters there, I'm hoping we can be the majority even...

reduen
09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
No, they are clearly trying to save face by not attending the moral values debate for sure but it will not sit well with big conservative Christians that they did not attend this debate..

Dr. Paul could really make a very big statement by doing well in this debate! Do not underestimate the importance of this one event.

I look for Brownback, and Huckabee to do very well in this event and Huckabee having the clear advantage.

Honestly, I am a bit uneasy concerning how Dr. Paul will do here but he hasn't failed us yet...

I did not even know about the other until now. :)

Grandson of Liberty
09-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey, at least there won't be any laughter in the background now!

Copperhed51
09-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm attending the PBS debate with a buddy of mine from UMD. Hell, maybe he's one of the 3 in the group mentioned previously. Either way, I live in Kansas but I'm flying out to MD to attend.

smtwngrl
09-14-2007, 12:05 AM
They're cut & running liberals! I know the Values Voters debate won't mean much but hopefully if they don't show up to the PBS debate their numbers will decrease. I wouldn't mind if Fred does attend the PBS event though. Then everyone will get to see how stupid and shallow he is.

And how boring to listen to ;)

billv
09-14-2007, 12:15 AM
This is good news. It turns many Republicans off of them. For example, hard neo-con editor of WorldNetDaily, Joseph Farah, a hardcore Fred Thompson supporter, doesn't like him anymore because he's not attending the debate (though this may be because it makes Farah feel insignificant as he's moderating the debate).

smtwngrl
09-14-2007, 12:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_presidential_debates,_2008

September 17, 2007 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The first-ever "Values Voters" Presidential Debate will be held for the GOP candidates. It will be live on television on Sky Angel, and live on many Christian radio stations, including the VCY America network and WKBF-AM, and online on the American Family Association Web site. Six Republicans--Cox, Brownback, Huckabee, Hunter, Ron Paul, and Tancredo--will attend. A similar event was planned for the Democratic candidates September 24, but none would confirm their participation.[34]
[

Awhile back, the first tier Democratic candidates came out with a statement that they were not planning to attend debates in the states that had moved their primaries to earlier dates--namely, Florida and Michigan. They made some sort of statement about how important the role of the traditional early states was--NH, Iowa and SC.

I wonder if the Republicans are trying to take a page out of their book.

Whatever the reasons of the first tier are for not attending debates, hopefully it will backfire . :)

expatriot
09-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Add Wyoming to the list of deadbeat candidates:

From:http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2007/09/14/news/wyoming/ac08d686d30d8de5872573550082a7ce.txt

"Unfortunately Gov. Mike Huckabee, Sen. John McCain and Gov. Mitt Romney have declined," said the release from Amy Larimer, GOP executive director.