PDA

View Full Version : Legislation: Horrific New Health Care Bureaucracy Slipped into Stimulus Bill!

linusPAULing
02-10-2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_mccaughey&sid=aLzfDxfbwhzs

Apparently the stimulus bill has a new government agency involved ......

"One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective."

Going further...

"The stimulus bill will affect every part of health care, from medical and nursing education, to how patients are treated and how much hospitals get paid. The bill allocates more funding for this bureaucracy than for the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force combined (90-92, 174-177, 181)."

Of course, they are using FEAR (the potential of economic collapse) to rush this crappy bureaucracy through. They did the same thing with homeland security/patriot act.

This is truly horrific news, and should be prevented from ever becoming a reality. We need to get the word out asap!!

JamesButabi
02-10-2009, 01:00 PM
FFFFUuuuuuuuuuu

link no workie for me

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Im done. They pass this bill I am starting the Revolution with or without anyone else.

HOLLYWOOD
02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Medicaid/Medicare are topping $1 TRILLION per Year!

People just don;t get it... the more money the inefficient Federal Government throws at healthcare, the more it will cost and more schemes to charge even more in the future.

Wow, our own Fleecing at home now, who needs Iraq & Afghanistan to Trillions of dollars of the taxpayers' monies?

Nate K
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Im done. They pass this bill I am starting the Revolution with or without anyone else.

im with u

aravoth
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM

before you go, gimme a call, I'll bring the burgers, you bring the beer.

MsDoodahs
02-10-2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_mccaughey&sid=aLzfDxfbwhzs

try that one

linusPAULing
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
FFFFUuuuuuuuuuu

link no workie for me

Sorry about that... fixed the link.

MelissaCato
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
im done. They pass this bill i am starting the revolution with or without anyone else.

lol

JamesButabi
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
"The stimulus bill will affect every part of health care, from medical and nursing education, to how patients are treated and how much hospitals get paid. The bill allocates more funding for this bureaucracy than for the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force combined (90-92, 174-177, 181)."

Im not quite understanding this. Theres no way this trumps the 600 billion given to military. Someone explain?

tonesforjonesbones
02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I keep waiting for the Liberty lovers to take to the streets...where are the men? Ya'll waitin for the women to do it or what? tones

fr33domfightr
02-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Reducing documentation is a worthy goal. Permitting government control isn't.

I've got an idea probably not many have thought of. What if Seniors using Medicare would get some type of kickback (or bonus) if they help to keep costs down below some threshold? If it was something substantial, they might be more willing to shop for care and possibly not take expensive treatment options to maintain that kickback. Of course, if they opted for the expensive treatment, they wouldn't get the kickback. I'm not saying hold back on care, only that everyone likes incentives. And who doesn't want more money??

FF

liberteebell
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Now that Big Pharma has everyone on the planet medicated for every little hangnail, the government can use this to deny us gun rights. Just watch-n-see. There's always an ulterior motive...:mad:

linusPAULing
02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Now that Big Pharma has everyone on the planet medicated for every little hangnail, the government can use this to deny us gun rights. Just watch-n-see. There's always an ulterior motive...:mad:

Isn't denying us health care an evil enough motive?

Scribbler de Stebbing
02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Reducing documentation is a worthy goal. Permitting government control isn't.

I've got an idea probably not many have thought of. What if Seniors using Medicare would get some type of kickback (or bonus) if they help to keep costs down below some threshold? If it was something substantial, they might be more willing to shop for care and possibly not take expensive treatment options to maintain that kickback. Of course, if they opted for the expensive treatment, they wouldn't get the kickback. I'm not saying hold back on care, only that everyone likes incentives. And who doesn't want more money??

FF

I think it's a good idea, or would be in the private sector, but I know government would screw it up. Take any idea that would be awesome in business or in the market, and government somehow doubles what they spend and moves in to two new buildings to administrate it.

That would be a good thing for an insurance company to implement. (Though I think health insurance is responsible for driving up prices originally.)

Bruno
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Just fucking wow

angelatc
02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Im not quite understanding this. Theres no way this trumps the 600 billion given to military. Someone explain?

Maybe they mean the medical care for the military?

DirtMcGirt
02-10-2009, 08:02 PM
on one of the shows tonight there was a guest talking about Tom Daschle's book which explained how the only way to get change in healthcare is to slip it into a spending bill. The book also said he(Daschle) would recommend this to the next President.

linusPAULing
02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
on one of the shows tonight there was a guest talking about Tom Daschle's book which explained how the only way to get change in healthcare is to slip it into a spending bill. The book also said he(Daschle) would recommend this to the next President.

Did this guest relay Daschle's opinions on health care for senior citizens?

Elderly Hardest Hit

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

Medicare now pays for treatments deemed safe and effective. The stimulus bill would change that and apply a cost- effectiveness standard set by the Federal Council (464).

The Federal Council is modeled after a U.K. board discussed in Daschle’s book. This board approves or rejects treatments using a formula that divides the cost of the treatment by the number of years the patient is likely to benefit. Treatments for younger patients are more often approved than treatments for diseases that affect the elderly, such as osteoporosis.

In 2006, a U.K. health board decreed that elderly patients with macular degeneration had to wait until they went blind in one eye before they could get a costly new drug to save the other eye. It took almost three years of public protests before the board reversed its decision.

Hidden Provisions

If the Obama administration’s economic stimulus bill passes the Senate in its current form, seniors in the U.S. will face similar rationing. Defenders of the system say that individuals benefit in younger years and sacrifice later.

tangent4ronpaul
02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
There was a guest on, I believe C-SPAN, and I also seem to recall it was a representative that was talking about why the electronic records thing is an incredibly bad idea. It's pretty simple - There is NO, repeat NO standard for the data or protocols. In other words, while there are vendors that have electronic health care records formats and they can toss data back and forth - THEY DON'T TALK TO EACH OTHER! And even if they did, they can't understand the other systems formats. You know, the same problem as with radios between fire, police, etc durring 9/11 and Katrina. Further, we are at least 3 years out from having such a standard.

That means that any money spent on such systems is going to be WASTED! and the equipment will have to be bought all over again when a standard is developed.

Then you run into the whole issue of medical confidentiality and people that shouldn't be able to access the records accessing them. I also don't want the federal government deciding what treatments I should or shouldn't get or my Dr. or I getting a knock on the door because I got a Rx of a painkiller or an extra refill or two of some med... This is just ripe for abuse.

Access to food and medical care are two time tested methods of controlling a population. Don't let it happen!

-t

sevin
02-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Don't the senate and the house still have to work out the details? Isn't it possible to flood congress with emails and phone calls for the next 3 days and maybe bring some national attention and get it removed?

JenH88
02-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Don't the senate and the house still have to work out the details? Isn't it possible to flood congress with emails and phone calls for the next 3 days and maybe bring some national attention and get it removed?

I'd like to hope so.. but after running like a chicken with my head cut off yesterday sounding the alarm in every forum I use, blogs, etc to get this out- can you believe the most outrage drummed up ANYWHERE was this thread here with a lousy 3 pages?! :mad: No one is paying attention at all...

PeterSchiffVideos
02-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I'd like to hope so.. but after running like a chicken with my head cut off yesterday sounding the alarm in every forum I use, blogs, etc to get this out- can you believe the most outrage drummed up ANYWHERE was this thread here with a lousy 3 pages?! :mad: No one is paying attention at all...

I suggest rating the crap out of this video and getting it on the most discussed list:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjlOhCz5acg

Similarly, use CampaignForLiberty's site to contact your Representative today:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=10542

Email these two links along with the Bloomberg link to everyone you know.

tangent4ronpaul
02-11-2009, 06:53 AM

The papers are full of the story this morning and the first hour of Morning Edition (C-SPAN) only had one caller that was "happy" with this bailout - the rest HATE it!, and at least a third have brought up the health care issues in particular. People in this country are PISSED OFF!

-t

Lucille
02-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Those sneaky democrats and their backdoor eugenics. HATE.

Have the balls to do it out in the open and tell the elderly they are unnecessary burdens on the their beloved system and need to die sooner for the good of the collective, you f'n ghouls.

A. Havnes
02-11-2009, 09:10 AM
The papers are full of the story this morning and the first hour of Morning Edition (C-SPAN) only had one caller that was "happy" with this bailout - the rest HATE it!, and at least a third have brought up the health care issues in particular. People in this country are PISSED OFF!

-t

Yeah, but they've got to do more than complain. Politicians don't care if we blow off some steam, but no one likes a flooded inbox...

MelissaCato
02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I keep waiting for the Liberty lovers to take to the streets...where are the men? Ya'll waitin for the women to do it or what? tones

I believe so. :eek:

dsentell
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
In various interviews broadcast on television, when our representatives and senators have been asked about the inclusion of nationalized healthcare in this so called stimulus bill, they have expressed surprise and a lack of knowledge regarding same.

There are too many things to be outraged about with regard to Washington DC.

But to me, perhaps the most appalling is that our political representatives believe that it is fine for them to pass laws and saddle Americans with all types of restrictions and burdens WITHOUT EVEN BOTHERING TO READ THE BILL THAT THEY ARE PASSING.