PDA

View Full Version : Now drafting Ron Paul for president - Doug Wead

Lucille
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Now drafting Ron Paul for president. (http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/now-drafting-ron-paul-for-president/)

Ron Paul really has a chance. To be president, I mean. Really.

Because we are now in uncharted waters and things could go terribly wrong. All that new money we are printing will eventually hit the shore and inflation will result. And the tens of thousands of workers, soon to be hired by the government to rebuild the infrastructure and paid with even more new paper money, will spend that money on food and other essentials which will drive up prices. The productive people will see their income and their profits diluted. And by then, it is entirely possible, that the country will be ready to listen.

And they will not want to hear a debate about whether the next bailout should be $600 billion or $700 billion. They will be ready to hear again the arguments in favor of or against a free marketplace. How it should work? Why foreign wars should be avoided and how they can bankrupt us?

There is a growing since of unease, a feeling that we have passed some Rubicon. That we have launched into unchartered territory, led by politicians and economists and journalists who really don’t know what they are doing, and even openly warn us of this fact...

Austin
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Doug Wead's blog on drafting Ron Paul is fairly extensive. I hope he helps convince Ron to run in 2012.

rockandrollsouls
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm on board 100%

Matt Collins
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't think it'll work primarily because of Ron's age. Even though Wead discusses this here http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/ I don't think that the Presidency at that age is healthy or a good idea. The schedule is so grueling that it wears even the most young healthy individuals down. Watch every show in the The West Wing series to understand this concept.

nate895
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't think it'll work primarily because of Ron's age. Even though Wead discusses this here http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/ I don't think that the Presidency at that age is healthy or a good idea. The schedule is so grueling that it wears even the most young healthy individuals down. Watch every show in the The West Wing series to understand this concept.

The difference between The West Wing and a Ron Paul presidency is that Ron Paul doesn't think the President needs to manage everything, therefore there won't be a crisis all the time.

tonesforjonesbones
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Look. Ron Paul is a very healty 73...he will be 77 in 2012. I want him to run one more time...he is more popular than ever and on tv etc so much! Many people know who he is now and this will bring more and more people to our liberty cause..we need Ron Paul for one more go round...I am praying he will do it. We need to start fundraising NOW..we need to get er going NOW! Tones

Sandra
02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
78 is the new 58! GO RON GO!!

Matt Collins
02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
The difference between The West Wing and a Ron Paul presidency is that Ron Paul doesn't think the President needs to manage everything, therefore there won't be a crisis all the time.Very good point. And while the West Wing was a great show (obviously though full of liberal propaganda trying to push the concept of the "perfect liberal president") it does show that because the government is so large and there are indeed so many things going on that the President DOES need to be involved in, it's the most stressful job ever.

Remember people can lose billions of dollars or even die simply based upon a President misspeaking. That alone would cause me to lose all my hair ;)

xRedfoxx
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I'll vote for him, and, since he ran last year and freedom lovers gained so much support and made such good progress in the GOP, having him run again will be so much better. Many of his supporters are now precinct chairs or county chairs. Many of his supporters now know how the process works. WE know how money bombs work. Etc etc etc. I can hardly wait to start the process in about 1 more year.

dr. hfn
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
posted on my c4l blog: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/user/Son_Of_Liberty/

amonasro
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I'll vote for him, and, since he ran last year and freedom lovers gained so much support and made such good progress in the GOP, having him run again will be so much better. Many of his supporters are now precinct chairs or county chairs. Many of his supporters now know how the process works. WE know how money bombs work. Etc etc etc. I can hardly wait to start the process in about 1 more year.

Just think how much more organized and effective we could be this time around. If we got an announcement from him later this year, we could begin really utilizing the precinct leader program to canvass at the local level.

I, for one, do not think the age issue is that big a deal. The man was a high-school track star, doesn't smoke or drink, eats a healthy diet, has no major health problems and is a medical doctor. He exercises every day and is still sharp mentally. He is probably healthier than many people half his age.

speciallyblend
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Look. Ron Paul is a very healty 73...he will be 77 in 2012. I want him to run one more time...he is more popular than ever and on tv etc so much! Many people know who he is now and this will bring more and more people to our liberty cause..we need Ron Paul for one more go round...I am praying he will do it. We need to start fundraising NOW..we need to get er going NOW! Tones

+1 ,trying to develop a pledge site asap,just alot going on with my wife.....

speciallyblend
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Just think how much more organized and effective we could be this time around. If we got an announcement from him later this year, we could begin really utilizing the precinct leader program to canvass at the local level.

I, for one, do not think the age issue is that big a deal. The man was a high-school track star, doesn't smoke or drink, eats a healthy diet, has no major health problems and is a medical doctor. He exercises every day and is still sharp mentally. He is probably healthier than many people half his age.

YEP :)

RON PAUL 2012 keep them all bumped