PDA

View Full Version : Stocks fall, stocks rally, because (insert stupid CNN reason here)

Xenophage
02-10-2009, 11:02 AM
A few days ago I remember reading about the stock rally because investors were excited about the bailout passing. Today I just reach that stocks crashed because investors were worried about the bailout passing.

Doesn't Joe Average look at this shit, scratch his head, and say, "Wait a second, these dipshits don't actually know a god damn thing"?

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
INSERT STUPID REASON

Because 30 barrels of oil were just discovered in Azerbaijan being held by rebels... wait... now they've killed the rebels and the oil is available for sale.

heavenlyboy34
02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
I suspect that Joe Average doesn't understand it well enough to care. :(

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM

HB34... Insert stupid reason!

Primbs
02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
It has been that way for years. The news proclaims a reason why the stock market went up or down that day.

David A. Gay, Sr.
02-10-2009, 11:36 AM

It has been that way for years. The news proclaims a reason why the stock market went up or down that day.

Once again... INSERT STUPID REASON!

misterx
02-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't understand how CNN knows why markets do anything, when traders can only guess.

ihsv
02-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Washington Post says: "Stocks fell to session lows on Tuesday, as investors worried the plan unveiled by Treasury secretary Timothy Geithner to shore up the banking system might not be enough to stem the worsening financial crisis."

:D

Aratus
03-01-2018, 02:05 PM
Another classic thread. Donald Trump just slammed high tariffs
at certain metal commodities. DOW dipped 500+ points...today.

devil21
03-01-2018, 02:49 PM
A few days ago I remember reading about the stock rally because investors were excited about the bailout passing. Today I just reach that stocks crashed because investors were worried about the bailout passing.

Doesn't Joe Average look at this shit, scratch his head, and say, "Wait a second, these dipshits don't actually know a god damn thing"?

Any excuse except death of petrodollar standard will suffice. Never point to the bankers themselves pulling the strings behind the curtain as the reason for anything.

enhanced_deficit
03-01-2018, 03:35 PM
Stocks fall sharply, Dow down 900 points in last 2 days, because WH in turmoil after reports of Kushner clearance downgrade and Trump family 'death match' with CoS Kelly.