PDA

View Full Version : Bill'O talked about Ron Paul

yaz
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Someone emailed the show and said it was rude to cut off Ron Paul. He said that the show is a no spin zone and he was trying to dodge the question. The woman beside him said that Bill cut him off twice and implied that he was directly answering the question. Bill then said that he has a 9 minute slot and that's not enough time for a 20 minute history lesson. The woman then replied, "I kind of felt sorry for Ron Paul though he kind of reminded me of Barney Fife."

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Someone emailed the show and said it was rude to cut off Ron Paul. He said that the show is a no spin zone and he was trying to dodge the question. The woman beside him said that Bill cut him off twice and implied that he was directly answering the question. Bill then said that he has a 9 minute slot and that's not enough time for a 20 minute history lesson. The woman then replied, "I kind of felt sorry for Ron Paul though he kind of reminded me of Barney Fife."

today?

FrankRep
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Everyone email Bill O'Reilly and tell him how rude it was not to let Ron Paul speak.

Email: oreilly@foxnews.com

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 08:01 PM
type in all caps... lol

Fields
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Emailed. Thanks for letting us know.

FrankRep
09-13-2007, 08:36 PM
No Caps.

Just let him know rude he was.

Paulitician
09-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm pretty sure he knows he's a blubbering idiot and a rude jackass. Probably get's it everyday. Why not just move on?

tiznow
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm pretty sure he knows he's a blubbering idiot and a rude jackass. Probably get's it everyday. Why not just move on?

I second that, plow forward my fellow paulites or whatever they like to call us, don't look back

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-13-2007, 08:58 PM
"he kind of reminded me of Barney Fife."

I actually have to agree with that.

yaz
09-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes that was today. They said that in a response to an email. This came on just before Bush gave that speech.

yaz
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
I actually have to agree with that.

How? I took that as an insult.

EvoPro
09-13-2007, 09:44 PM
It was an insult.

unconsious767
09-14-2007, 04:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoiqeuVwK2Q

shadowhooch
09-14-2007, 07:17 AM

No offense, but I actually agree with Bill O cutting Ron off. Bill asked a very specific question about Iran and Ron kept talking about other countries. Ron finally addressed it after a few interruptions.

I think Ron Paul was just used to the debate-style broad answer instead of a talk show host style specific Q & A.

I still think Ron did well on the show.

huchahucha
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
This was a new segment on O'Reilly's show. The woman was his new ombudswoman and she is going to confront Bill on air every Thursday with viewer concerns. I was surprised and delighted that three days after the RP interview they were still forced to talk about it; they must have really been bombarded with mail. Bill seemed especially frustrated that he had to explain his tactics to the audience. It is as if the majority of viewers that tuned in Monday night had never watched the show before.

Syren123
09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Everyone email Bill O'Reilly and tell him how rude it was not to let Ron Paul speak.

Email: oreilly@foxnews.com

He knows that. His is the Jerry Springer Show of news.

MsDoodahs
09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
He knows that. His is the Jerry Springer Show of news.

:D

That is what he should be emailed, and from now on I will call it the Jerry bow Springer Show.

iamso910
09-14-2007, 09:13 AM
It's pretty clear to me that BO doesn't care what Ron Paul supporters think.

Cutting Ron off is just one part of his technique. His main strategy is to make a few points and then close with a closed ended question. eg. Do you fear Iran?

This is dishonest manipulation, and the questionee can do little in the time alloted to present an argument.

I think Ron did pretty well, but it is darn near impossible to beat BO on his own turf when he gets to set up the questions. As soon as someone diverts to the crux of the matter, he simply calls them out for avoiding the specious question that he finished his mini-speech with.

Maybe best way to deal with him is just to call him out as a dishonest interviewer and to point out his past errors, completely ignoring his set up questions.

BO is one of the many neocons who got so much wrong in their prognostications in the lead up. eg. WMD. We need more videos documenting his hypocricies, and he needs to be called on it more.

A good answer would be, well, you just made several specious points Bill, and with your track record on WMD and Iraq Al Qaeda links, why should your opinions carry any value now?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-14-2007, 09:15 AM
How? I took that as an insult.

His voice sounded a little like Don Knotts

yaz
09-21-2007, 12:04 AM
No offense, but I actually agree with Bill O cutting Ron off. Bill asked a very specific question about Iran and Ron kept talking about other countries. Ron finally addressed it after a few interruptions.

I think Ron Paul was just used to the debate-style broad answer instead of a talk show host style specific Q & A.

I still think Ron did well on the show.

I disagree with you 100%. No offense, but Ron Paul answered the question directly because he addressed the actual issue. You can't answer everything in a yes/no format. Bill's mentality, he would cut me off if he asked me:
The tainted toys from Iran, what do you think about them?
me: They are actually from China and
Bill: STFU answer the question
Me: ok, they're bad.

VIDEODROME
09-21-2007, 09:04 AM
FOX interviews are mostly worthless. They try to cram an interview into a few minutes of sound bytes, and because people know their time is short everyone winds up talking over each other and the audience doesn't get any real answers. It's a very tired format. H&C is often the same way now.

Andrew76
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
The question Bill O'really needs to be asked is, "Ok, if you don't want a history lesson, or you don't have the time for that kind of answer in a 9 minute slot... why the HELL do you ask questions that you know people cannot fully answer in time?" It is done on purpose to manipulate the events/outcome of the 9 minute slot. GAME PLAN: Ask complicated questions which simply cannot have a yes or no answer without sounding like an uneducated moron; when you don't get a yes or no answer, interrupt and then accuse the interviewee of dodging the question and chalk up another point for Fox News and Bill O'really. Yay, Fox wins again!
Who the hell really believes that "no spin" crap? It's a freaking TV NEWS SHOW, OF COURSE THERE'S SPIN!!! Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh...... :mad: