PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Share...

allyinoh
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
this exchange I had with someone on a conservative site. I asked if anyone wanted to debate me on issues other than the war on RP's stance. Basically people said no they were tired of hearing about him, which leads me to believe they just can't. =) But this person said something and I thought it was sooooo ridiculous and had to share.

Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but the madman of Iran, Al Qaeda etc are all still talking about KILLING US and they are continuing to build up arms to carry out their evil deed. For most reasonable people, there's this little thing called: self preservation, that makes us want to stop them before they have a chance to carry out their threat (which they really do mean BTW) Perhaps this is just a difference between those who believe that Bin Laden and his ilk say what they mean and mean what they say and those who think that sending friendship cards and bouquets of roses to would be mass murderers with a proven track record for indiscriminate killing, will do the trick. If someone breaks into my house and threatens me with a little gun, I'm sort of leaning towards responding by pulling out a bigger gun to stop him. Think: Crocodile Dundee. See how this works? It's sort of like a game. You will either win or you will loose. Only with this game, if you loose - you're dead. No re-match.

If someone threatened to come to your home and kill you, would you try and stop them from carrying out their threat? How would you try and stop them? Send a candy gram with a note telling them what a nice lady you are and that you don't deserve to be killed and that you two really should learn to get along? Would you call for a 'time out' and ask to have a discussion about healthcare or education at that point? I sort of doubt it. You'd pick up your little phone and call the authorities and have them go and stop the kook. I'll even wager to say that you'd like someone like that to be disarmed if at all possible. We'll call it: preemptive.

Ron Paul, his supporters, liberals, fail to understand the enemy that we are up against. They are uncomfortable with the truth and the steps necessary to stop the enemy and so they try and lay out other solutions which any reasonable person knows will not work. The enemy must be killed, period. Nothing else matters as much as our lives while we here on this earth because nothing else will matter very much if we're all blown to bits. So yeah, Pauls "non-support" of halting DERANGED killers before they can act does matter most when we're talking about someone who wants to be a leader of the free world. Seems pretty simple to me. One may even say that the main healthcare issue we'd have to deal with if we had a nutjob like Paul at the helm, would be how to deal with thousands of dead bodies rotting in our streets making people sick because we failed to preempt an attack by killing the enemy first. Perhaps MortuaryCare and sanitation may be more important considerations for Paul supporter topics of debate, eh?

What is not worth talking about though, is a Ron Paul candidacy because he does not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting the nomination. Seems to me that it's of far more value to support someone who can actually defeat the defeatist liberals in '08. Unless, of course, you really side with them anyway. Is'nt that right, AR?

Healthcare / Deathcare would be more like it under Paul.
Education / unnecessary when dead (it's a brain activity thing)
Private property rights / yes, corpses should be allowed to keep their coffins.
And my favorite:
Illegal Immigration / Paul will solve the problem because most illegals will self deport (run for their lives)

Paul supporters may want to shove national security to the back burner, but I still think this : http://www.msunderestimated.com/2007...x-years-later/ is a hell of a lot more important than whether or not some schmo gets a free flu shot. Paul wants to do away with the FBI, CIA and Homeland Security and that alone qualifies him as a moron in this day and age.

There. Happy now?

Nuff said about GoofPaul. He can't win. And quite frankly, he does not even have enough entertainment value to make him worth continuing to talk about. Sorry. Well, not really.

bcmiller
09-13-2007, 07:59 PM
I have run up against this argument many times in my excursions. What it boils down to is that he is willing to fight to the last drop of someone else's blood. (to quote George Galloway).

If he was really full of all the bravado he espouses in his post he would not be so afraid of dying. We used to be a country that valued freedom over life. Now, thanks to chickenhawks like your friend here, we will give up any freedom and commit any atrocity just to stay nice and safe at home.

The sad thing is that we will not be safe either and we will not be able to protect ourselves anymore since our rights and most likely our guns, will be taken away.

If his house was under attack he should stay there and defend his house instead of stirring up more trouble by attacking the neighbor of the guy who attacked him. He shouldn't turn off his security system while he tries to install one in the home he just illegally entered.

american.swan
09-14-2007, 12:15 AM
If his house was under attack he should stay there and defend his house instead of stirring up more trouble by attacking the neighbor of the guy who attacked him. He shouldn't turn off his security system while he tries to install one in the home he just illegally entered.

Yea know that cracks me up. LOL Is there someway to form that into a debate question?

american.swan
09-14-2007, 12:16 AM
this exchange I had with someone on a conservative site. I asked if anyone wanted to debate me on issues other than the war on RP's stance. Basically people said no they were tired of hearing about him, which leads me to believe they just can't. =) But this person said something and I thought it was sooooo ridiculous and had to share.

Is this guy suggesting that Bin Ladan is more honest than our politicians?