PDA

View Full Version : Police chief calls us into action

boethius27
02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Time for all of us individual spammers to unite once again.

The Malden MA police chief says his officers need to write more tickets in order to raise revenue. "Coye defended the Jan. 30 memo, saying writing tickets is crucial to maintaining quality of life in the city."

The article:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1150713

His office:
http://www.maldenpd.com/newweb/Chiefs%20Office/ChiefsOffice.htm

His email :)
chiefkc@maldenpd.com

Paulitical Correctness
02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
It's been happening here lately. Friday night some friends and I sat out in his backyard smoking and watched the cops hide in a church parking lot to bust people for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. They got probably a dozen people.

LibForestPaul
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
It's been happening here lately. Friday night some friends and I sat out in his backyard smoking and watched the cops hide in a church parking lot to bust people for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. They got probably a dozen people.

How is it "permissible" for an officer to "utilize" someone elses property in such a manner?

ihsv
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
The comments on that article are worth browsing :)

ChaosControl
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Scumbag should be fired.

hope7134
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
all over south carolina, too!

JeNNiF00F00
02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
all over south carolina, too!

Yuup...see it all the time. I live near a speed trap. Cops sit up in the parking lot of a restaurant thats open for dinner only and catch people "speeding" constantly. Its a 40mph stretch of road but easy to speed and not realize that you are going over 40.

Pedro TT
02-10-2009, 02:39 AM
That have been popping up like crazy here in Miami as well. In the last week I have seen more speed traps than I have in the last 2 years combined.

Volitzer
02-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Of course the industrial tax base and home-owner tax base aren't there anymore so the cops have to do there thing to keep the prison industrial complex running.

UnReconstructed
02-10-2009, 06:20 AM
this is going on in Louisiana and Mississippi too.

muzzled dogg
02-10-2009, 06:23 AM
malden sucks

edit: btw postin this to the mass lpa site pc

phill4paul
02-10-2009, 06:25 AM
AS long as the police system and courts are supported and expanded through fines this will continue. Until, there is a seperation it is in their best interest to isuue tickets.

jkr
02-10-2009, 08:46 AM
yeah, THIER quality of life!

tnvoter
02-10-2009, 01:15 PM
speedtrap tyranny exists in tennessee for certain.

tsopranos
02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
I've seen alot more cops writing tickets in my area lately as well (S.E. FL)

Make sure not to give them any reason to pull you over. That's how I stick it to them anyways.

Freedom 4 all
02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
So, they aren't even pretending they are anything other than thieves for the state anymore? Wow, they're usually more subtle than that. If the city budget is too low, here's an idea, lay off some cops.

mediahasyou
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Fuck that.

satchelmcqueen
02-10-2009, 05:51 PM
speedtrap tyranny exists in tennessee for certain.

yes it is! i got a ticket on hwy 411 in a 25mph for doing 35mph on a double sided straight that went for about 2 miles with nothing on either side but open field. the cop loved it. sure i was going 10 over and should have not done that, but there are stretches that go from 40 to 25 back to 40 back to 30.... its obvious.

LibForestPaul
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I've seen alot more cops writing tickets in my area lately as well (S.E. FL)

Make sure not to give them any reason to pull you over. That's how I stick it to them anyways.

Unfortunately, the law is written that you will violate some traffic regulation regarless how attentive you may be.

Examples:
License plate frames

Five years ago, the Virginia legislature made it a serious crime to drive past a police officer stopped on the side of the road without changing lanes. As a result, unsuspecting motorists -- including those who are not speeding -- can nonetheless be caught in a speed trap and face a first degree misdemeanor ticket that carries a fine of up to $2500. Despite the significant financial penalty involved, nearly three-quarters of all motorists have never heard of "move over" laws, according to a Virginia State Police news release issued in July.

If you're turning right, you're supposed to turn into the right lane.

"There is a mixed message being sent here. When using these cameras you should not have a vested interest in catching one person running a red light or speeding," said Lon Anderson, spokesman for AAA Mid-Atlantic. Mr. Anderson said that AAA brought attention to a camera that the automobile association deemed unfair on H Street Northeast adjacent to the Union Station garage exit. The camera was affixed at a location on a declining hill with a flashing yellow light that went to red without changing to a solid yellow. "Drivers didn't even know they were running a light. That camera issued 20,000 tickets before we caught it," Mr. Anderson said. He said the camera also caused its share of rear-end collisions, as opponents have contended since the first few months after the program began. "At the H Street camera, we noticed several near rear-end collisions" Mr. Anderson said. "There have been studies that show that red-light cameras can cause an increase of rear-end accidents, but there aren't any hard numbers yet."