PDA

View Full Version : No Ron Paul Digg on Front Page for 72 Days (And it was a smear)

SaratogaForRonPaul
02-09-2009, 10:42 AM
There has been no Ron Paul headline in Digg for months, even though Ron had several great CNN, Fox, etc interviews and videos. These all have 200+ Diggs, yet they never make the front page anymore. Similar with Peter Schiff, Federal Reserve, Anti-Stimulus, etc.

Reading the FAQ, it seems they change the automated algorithm to make sure there is a diversity of users, rather than the same users constantly digging similar articles. Also I believe I read that if a blog or forum (like RPF) sends a link to digg an article, those diggs have less weight.

I highly suggest that if you digg something and want to share it here on RPF, that you use a block quote so its not a clickable link, and the user has to copy and paste.

rpfan2008
02-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Ah! You got me charged up..I am opening three new digg accounts in a min...bring em on.

:mad:

slacker921
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
become a friend of TheEngineer2008 on digg .. he's most likely to get a Ron Paul story to the front page if he submits one (25% of what he submits goes FP).

You're much better off sharing it via Digg than sharing it here. And if someone shares something in digg with you then wait a few hours and share it with your friends.

Also, many of the stories reaching the front page are ones that are pro fiscal conservativism, pro liberty, etc.. so while they might not be FROM Ron Paul and might not mention Ron Paul they continue what he was pushing for. There's a backlash on Digg against anything (articles, comments, etc) that mention the name Ron Paul and Peter Schiff so in a way it's better that things cool off as far as mentioning their names in titles and comments. There are a good number of folks on Digg who automatically bury and leave negative comments for any submissions that mention Ron Paul..

centure7
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
become a friend of TheEngineer2008 on digg .. he's most likely to get a Ron Paul story to the front page if he submits one (25% of what he submits goes FP).

You're much better off sharing it via Digg than sharing it here. And if someone shares something in digg with you then wait a few hours and share it with your friends.

Also, many of the stories reaching the front page are ones that are pro fiscal conservativism, pro liberty, etc.. so while they might not be FROM Ron Paul and might not mention Ron Paul they continue what he was pushing for. There's a backlash on Digg against anything (articles, comments, etc) that mention the name Ron Paul and Peter Schiff so in a way it's better that things cool off as far as mentioning their names in titles and comments. There are a good number of folks on Digg who automatically bury and leave negative comments for any submissions that mention Ron Paul..

I think you are right. And I believe the best retaliation for that is to bury anything that mentions Obama unless it is something negative. Because lets face it those are the people who are burying good Ron Paul material.

PS - And by the way, if I thumbs up a comment on YouTube it does not even register as a thumbs up if I refresh the page. Not only that but if I leave a comment critical of basically anything it seems to NOT GET POSTED. May as well be talking to a brick wall or writing a letter to myself and throwing it in the trash!

Knightskye
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
PS - And by the way, if I thumbs up a comment on YouTube it does not even register as a thumbs up if I refresh the page. Not only that but if I leave a comment critical of basically anything it seems to NOT GET POSTED. May as well be talking to a brick wall or writing a letter to myself and throwing it in the trash!

It takes a while to update. Refreshing a couple seconds after you thumbed it up won't work.

slacker921
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
oh.. and don't share stuff that's more than about 18hrs old. If it doesn't go to the front page in the first 24hrs it's not going so no use shouting 4 day old articles to everybody.

If there's a good article don't just digg it, leave some comment (or vote comments up/down), share it, and favorite it.

emazur
02-10-2009, 10:06 PM
There has been no Ron Paul headline in Digg for months, even though Ron had several great CNN, Fox, etc interviews and videos. These all have 200+ Diggs, yet they never make the front page anymore. Similar with Peter Schiff, Federal Reserve, Anti-Stimulus, etc.

Reading the FAQ, it seems they change the automated algorithm to make sure there is a diversity of users, rather than the same users constantly digging similar articles. Also I believe I read that if a blog or forum (like RPF) sends a link to digg an article, those diggs have less weight.

I highly suggest that if you digg something and want to share it here on RPF, that you use a block quote so its not a clickable link, and the user has to copy and paste.

Hit the front page today:

http://digg.com/politics/Harvard_Economist_Stimulus_is_worst_bill_since_the _1930_s?FC=PRCT3
I posted that story here the other day but got no replies:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=178855&highlight=digg