PDA

View Full Version : RP's body language sucks...

Starks
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't think flailing arms at debates looks very presidential.

TheConstitutionLives
09-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Let's be negative.

Lord Xar
09-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Actually, I like his flailing arms. Means he is passionate. He expresses and comes across as being "real". I wouldn't say they are flailing, I would say they are animated to the extent of showing true meaning.

4Horsemen
09-13-2007, 06:20 PM
What's up with the metrosexual judges?

american.swan
09-13-2007, 06:21 PM
As long as the flailing arms aren't due to an illness, unless that illness is passion for the constitution.

Cindy
09-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Actually, I like his flailing arms. Means he is passionate. He expresses and comes across as being "real". I wouldn't say they are flailing, I would say they are animated to the extent of showing true meaning.

Exactly. He's like the intelligent Robot in Lost in Space.

"Danger! Warning Will Robinson! Neocon Alert!"

quickmike

I completely agree. I like the way he points his finger in the air when hes talking about something hes passionate about. It makes him look like he really cares about what hes saying. I dont see anything negative in his body language when hes up at the podium.

Perhaps you would like this kind of body language instead.

http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/mccain_bush-hug-713122.jpg

Richie
I like his poor body language. Shows that he's one of us. :D

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I want him to sit across the table from O'Reilly and jam his pen right in O'Reilly's face.

"Listen up you dolt!" --- or whatever Ron Paul would call him when he gets angry

anewvoice
09-13-2007, 06:27 PM
If I had to stand on stage with that group of , ahem, people listening to the garbage spewing from the moderators, I'd be flailing my arms in a much more controlled and pointed manner.

I'd say that means his is ok in my book!!

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I completely agree. I like the way he points his finger in the air when hes talking about something hes passionate about. It makes him look like he really cares about what hes saying. I dont see anything negative in his body language when hes up at the podium.

You're the uncontested King of posting hysterical pictures to make a point.

quickmike
09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
You're the uncontested King of posting hysterical pictures to make a point.

Oh ive been contested many times, but they always end up like this:D

http://www.heywhynot.com/images-jolly/muhammad-ali-knock-out.jpg

BillyDkid
09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't think flailing arms at debates looks very presidential.In the immortal words of my son at 5 years old "whever".

max
09-13-2007, 06:54 PM
his body lingo and voice tone during the first MSNBC debate was flawless...

since that time, his arms have been flailing too much and he needs to lose the pen...

the one to emulate is Romney....erect (like the dick that he truly is)...

i'm surprised rp doesnt have coaches pointing this stuff out...

Abobo
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
and he needs to lose the pen...

NO! *points pen at you*

1000-points-of-fright
09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't trust politicians who don't point but instead do that stupid Bill Clinton "I'm gesturing with my hand for emphasis but I'm not pointing with my finger because studies have shown that people find that too aggressive and I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities with my body language" thing.

Candidates with carefully rehearsed body language are phonies.

DjLoTi
09-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Dude he's a doctor he's not like a typical politician.

Noog
09-13-2007, 07:03 PM
LOL @ 1000-points-of-fright
Well said...

max
09-13-2007, 07:06 PM
NO! *points pen at you*

That time it was good!

I'd like to hear him incorporate some George Gallowayisms into his debates...

"Mr. Wallace, you are conducting...even by your own standards of yellow journalism...one the most shameful debates I've witnessed in American politics. FOX News has on its hands the blood of 5,000 US troops as well as hundreds of thousands of civilians. Tell me Mr. Wallace, how much is Rupert Mourdoch paying you to sell out my country?"....

TALK ABOUT PUBLICITY! RP would be on fire if he could talk like that

Bossobass
09-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Good night, what next?

I'd like to see an image of your body language at 72.

After the monkey we've had to endure since Clinton, I'm stunned at some of the nit-picking crapola that appears in this forum.

Ron is awesome. He could so easily be sittin' in his boat on the lake holdin' a fishing rod instead of trudging across the tundra, mile after mile, fending off endless character assassination attempts at every stop from paid stooges.

I think allowing the 3 stooges to giggle like the girls they are into open mics while Ron so courageously and truthfully answered the scripted Miss SC questions is something to comment on, not what the hell he did with his arms in the process.

Bosso

ladyliberty
09-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I think Ron Paul's body language should be that of a person who speaks with true passion and conviction. He flails his arms in pure EXSAPERATION, able to express in a single gesture what the entire country has been feeling since the world has started crumbling around us! He says NO! and points his finger, much in the same manner as I shout and stand shaking my fist at my television at the absurd contradictions and distortions of truth that fall from the lips of those who only THINK they know the truth and try to convince us that their lies are real. All those stuffed shirts, with slick hair and plucked eyebrows, and well manicured and polished hands stand behind their debating podiums like a row of phoney baloney marionettes, simply there to put on what they hope to be a crowd pleasing performance, while Dr. Paul is there to fight the good fight, and to wake their people up from their comfort zones. We have been lulled to sleep by the false sense of security that our government knows what is best for us, now our house is on fire, and Dr. Paul is sounding the alarm! Wake up! Wake up America! Wake up before it is too late!

0zzy
09-13-2007, 07:31 PM
How the hell is it "poor"? Oh, he likes to be passionate. I fucking hate "body language experts", almost as much as "grammar nazis".

ButchHowdy
09-13-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't think flailing arms at debates looks very presidential.

You've obviously never been to a Symphony!

DjLoTi
09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Ron Paul is a man of true integrity who wouldn't judge anybody by their body language I believe.

RP4ME
09-13-2007, 07:37 PM

LMAO!!!!! That is more painful than an episode of watching Dwight Shroot on teh office interact with anyone.....

ksuguy
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I do think he fidgets too much. However, I don't hold it against him. I often do the same thing.

Unfortunately, a lot of people like their leaders to look slick and authoritative all the time.

Kuldebar
09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
If people insist on phony, that's what they'll get in spades. A person only has to be slick if they're a shady used car salesman or a professional liar.

Americans need to get over image and start paying attention to substance.

If they can't do that, then I hope the reality of America as a third world nation mired in violent turmoil will be a provocative enough image for them, because that's exactly what they will have.

ButchHowdy
09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I used to be nervous and jerky.

Now, I'm just Jerky!

Santana28
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Actually, i happen to agree about the body language. Ron tends to purse his lips alot and fiddle with his hands when he's anxious to talk... completely understandable, btw. Makes him all the more human to me... but to outsiders watching, they could interpret that as being nervous or unsure or even senile... whatever way they are leaning towards him.

But more importantly than bad body language - he is not standing up there with a plastic grin, a botoxed smile, and moving his hands in the rehearsed "presidential" manner. And even worse, you have McCain and Guiliani trying desperately to present themselves as knowledgable, wise, and congenial - when everyone and their own mothers know that the truth is the exact opposite. I'd find it humorous if it weren't so important. I laugh every time i look up and see Guiliani with those reading glasses on and meek face.

jj111
09-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Exactly. He's like the intelligent Robot in Lost in Space.

"Danger! Warning Will Robinson! Neocon Alert!"

Don't make fun of that robot! The voice of that robot is my relative!

Trance Dance Master
09-14-2007, 12:21 AM
It was awesome when Ron Paul was shaking his pointer finger at Hannity during the 9-5-7 post debate interview on Fox. It expressed high status.

Getting really, really good at expressing high status body language all the time takes a lot of practice. Dubya has the best smirk of any president in US History. Paul will have the best shaking finger point.