PDA

View Full Version : GOP: My local GOP's website now links to CFL, LRC, Mises, Reason, etc news feeds ;-)

Matt Collins
02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Since I have been made the Chief Information Officer of my local Republican Party I now run the website. I have created a news / opinion page now that links to blogs from CFL, Reason, Mises, LewRockwell.com DailyPaul, Heritage, and others.

Imperial
02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't put too much info on there; it could swamp somebody from looking. I would maybe put 5 articles on there each day that the average Joe who isn't really a Ron Paul Republican can look at and say, "hey, maybe they have something going here."

nate895
02-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Isn't Reason loosely affiliated with the LP itself? I'd take it off, for the sake keeping to strictly GOP or totally nonpartisan sources, but I'd keep the others.

fr33domfightr
02-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Since I have been made the Chief Information Officer of my local Republican Party I now run the website. I have created a news / opinion page now that links to blogs from CFL, Reason, Mises, LewRockwell.com DailyPaul, and others. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Check it out:
http://www.nashvillegop.org/newsfeeds.shtml

Trim it down, that's way too many links. Catagorizing them might be helpful as well.

FF

Jeremy
02-08-2009, 11:43 PM
cool

site design is meh though =p

bobbyw24
02-09-2009, 05:04 AM
Nice work--our local REC would never allow such a thing since all Republicans must follow the party (Neo-Con) line

Hamer
02-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Matt you are smarter than this. You can't be linking (L) sites on a GOP webpage

You are in a good position don't screw it up please!

Truth Warrior
02-09-2009, 07:22 AM
The GOP will SAY anything in order to try and bring the "flock" back into the "fold".<IMHO> :p Forget what they SAY, WATCH what they DO. :rolleyes:

Sandra
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Matt you are smarter than this. You can't be linking (L) sites on a GOP webpage

You are in a good position don't screw it up please!

I think it is exactly what he's been trying to do for months now.

speciallyblend
02-09-2009, 08:09 AM
The GOP will SAY anything in order to try and bring the "flock" back into the "fold".<IMHO> :p Forget what they SAY, WATCH what they DO. :rolleyes:

exactly ,they are only sucking up to us and letting us get involved so the next time they ram a candidate down our throats. They think we will tow the party line!!!

They do not care what we think. They only act like they care. When it comes down to Party politics. Their treacherous ways will come back out!!!

After what happened in the gop the last 2 yrs . I say TRUST NO ONE IN GOP LEADERSHIP Positions!!!

Hopefully we can change the party in the next 8-20 yrs.

Seems alot of Ron Paul Republicans in Colorado will have to run as RON PAUL DEMOCRATS. republican leaders in Colorado DO NOT SUPPORT Liberty Or Republican Issues!!!

brandon
02-09-2009, 08:11 AM
lol, don't link to the daily paul.

Sandra
02-09-2009, 08:26 AM
exactly ,they are only sucking up to us and letting us get involved so the next time they ram a candidate down our throats. They think we will tow the party line!!!

They do not care what we think. They only act like they care. When it comes down to Party politics. Their treacherous ways will come back out!!!

After what happened in the gop the last 2 yrs . I say TRUST NO ONE IN GOP LEADERSHIP Positions!!!

Hopefully we can change the party in the next 8-20 yrs.

Seems alot of Ron Paul Republicans in Colorado will have to run as RON PAUL DEMOCRATS. republican leaders in Colorado DO NOT SUPPORT Liberty Or Republican Issues!!!

Nope, the neo cons are dead. They have not a prayer, they had to change back to core Republican values and were too late in doing so. Now all they have is the sink or swim approach. Then a light comes on, "Wow! Look at all the support people (including some liberals) are throwing at Ron Paul! Maybe we should migrate more toward HIS ideas." Policians are sheep too. You ought to hear Bobby Jindal this week, astounding and disgusting.

Xenophage
02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
You should mix it up so you don't scroll through 50 campaignforliberty.com links before you get to reason.com, and try your best to include decent articles from other sites so you don't appear to be too skewed ;)

Xenophage
02-09-2009, 11:08 AM
and yeah don't link to daily paul... or anything with conspiracy theorist crap.

Truth Warrior
02-09-2009, 11:12 AM
and yeah don't link to daily paul... or anything with conspiracy theorist crap. Only "coincidence theories" welcomed here? :rolleyes: I guess that just puts Ron Paul SOL. :D

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
site design is meh though =pYeah I didn't design the original. I just took it over (they were paying someone to do it) and then I have made updates and modifications. I've got a Facebook group now and a Twitter account. I'm trying to "bring them into the 21st century"

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Nice work--our local REC would never allow such a thing since all Republicans must follow the party (Neo-Con) lineWell the chair has made me the CIO and that means I get to run the website.

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Matt you are smarter than this. You can't be linking (L) sites on a GOP webpage (L) as in Libertarian Party? I haven't link to any LP websites.

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
You should mix it up so you don't scroll through 50 campaignforliberty.com links before you get to reason.com, and try your best to include decent articles from other sites so you don't appear to be too skewed Yeah... that's kind of a challenge but I appreciate your suggestions. I'll tweak it a bit.

Sandra
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Well the chair has made me the CIO and that means I get to run the website.

Well, I hope you own the website.

fr33domfightr
02-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah I didn't design the original. I just took it over (they were paying someone to do it) and then I have made updates and modifications. I've got a Facebook group now and a Twitter account. I'm trying to "bring them into the 21st century"

What you've done so far, is good. Bringing the GOP into the 21st Century is all good. I would say the site needs to be ultra inclusive by allowing and encouraging the people on the street to join in, and get involved. This means the GOP needs to fundamentally change. It needs to be a party of the people, from the bottom up, so the ideas flow UP, not down. That way, the people feel they have an actual affect on the outcome of elections. By doing this, then they can attract and hold people in the party. Embrace FREEDOM, and the people will embrace them.

FF

dannno
02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Well, I hope you own the website.

He does not own the website. Now what?

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
What you've done so far, is good. Bringing the GOP into the 21st Century is all good. I would say the site needs to be ultra inclusive by allowing and encouraging the people on the street to join in, and get involved. This means the GOP needs to fundamentally change. It needs to be a party of the people, from the bottom up, so the ideas flow UP, not down. That way, the people feel they have an actual affect on the outcome of elections. By doing this, then they can attract and hold people in the party. Embrace FREEDOM, and the people will embrace them.Working on it, but I can't share too much for another few weeks ;):D

Knightskye
02-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Lot of Campaign for Liberty articles on there.

You might get in trouble for that.

Sandra
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh hell! Another fifty rant threads when they take the website away? Matt.... are you listening to anyone here?

dr. hfn
02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Trim it down, that's way too many links. Catagorizing them might be helpful as well.

FF

i agree, maybe a couple articles a day would be good, and try to raise funds from local Republicans to redesign the site.

Matt Collins
02-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Lot of Campaign for Liberty articles on there.

You might get in trouble for that.Iincluded some RNC/GOP feeds in there so it'll be a bit more balanced.