PDA

View Full Version : I'm confident Sanford is a trick

itshappening
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM
all of a sudden the SC governor is getting a lot of mainstream coverage, we know about his bilderberg meetings... I honestly believe he is being bigged up to articulate /fein 'opposition' and sound conservative (much like Bush used to) in prepartion to be an approved leader

it makes perfect sense, he is the chosen one and he has to articulate fake opposition; that's his job.

american.swan
02-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't know if Sanford is "the one", could be. I am sure the next GOP president will be a Neo-con bastard, claiming almost all of Ron's platform, who will be pro-Israel and pro-empire building.

brandon
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
He endorsed McCain and went on national TV shilling for him. That's all you need to know about Sanford. He's just another power hungry politician

itshappening
02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
he's not going on these news shows because he wants a TV career, there is a clear agenda here...

WRellim
02-08-2009, 08:30 PM
And we all know that Ron Paul absolutely HATES this guy... thinks he scum of the earth and all that...

</sarcasm>

Kotin
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I do not agree.

it may be possible, but in no way is it a sure thing.. I heard him explain the builderberg thing, and it was quite reasonable.. he has not only the rhetoric but actions to back it up..

he and paul were friends in the house, and voted with each other frequently..

so watch him closely, but dont write the guy off yet.. he could be a great ally.

angelatc
02-08-2009, 08:35 PM
And we all know that Ron Paul absolutely HATES this guy... thinks he scum of the earth and all that...

</sarcasm>

Thank you.

Jeremy
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
i can't do anything but laugh at this thread :D

nate895
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
He has said in the past that his campaign for reelection as Governor of South Carolina was his last political campaign. I don't know why people would be excited about a run from him. He hasn't made the rounds in Iowa or New Hampshire yet, nor have I heard he was going to. When he makes those rounds is when to look at him as a potential candidate.

RSLudlum
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
He's my state's govenor and I'm still not sure if I would support him. I do know that everytime I've contacted him I recieved a reply either through email or a phone call. One of the phone calls I recieved from his office last year was in response to an email I sent him about SC possibly claiming sovereignty citing Key's Oklahoma Sovereignty resolution. They told me that it sounded like a good idea but we would have to push the legislature to propose the idea. Another phone call I recieved was about Real ID. Sanford has had a pretty transparent administration over the years and really supports private education. I just really don't know what he thinks about US foreign policy.

JS4Pat
02-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I do not agree.

he has not only the rhetoric but actions to back it up..

so watch him closely, but dont write the guy off yet.. he could be a great ally.

That's my position. +1

Imperial
02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
On foreign policy, I know for sure Sanford sponsored(not just voted for) legislation to end the embargo on Cuba. Furthermore, he voted against foreign aid. I don't know about other issues, as he doesn't really try to be divisive on foreign policy I think. But if he were the GOP nominee I would vote for him.

Alawn
02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't ever trust him or vote for him.

ClayTrainor
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
i'm both hopeful and skeptical of Sanford :cool:

Imperial
02-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Would you vote for Ron Paul if he unintentionally allowed racist material to be printed under his name?

Perfect is never achievable.

Peace&Freedom
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
It was never clear whether the 'racist material' was anything more than just imflammatory locker room rhetoric (at least to me, a black guy who subscribed to the newsletters at the time). We're not talking perfect, we're talking about "by their fruits you will know them" evidence that Sanford is working for the other side (campaigned for McCain, went to Bilderberg but not to the Rally for the Republic, has no liberty people in his SC organization). Other than lip service rhetoric thrown in our direction, he is doing all the concrete things you expect of a guy who is currently in the enemy camp. In the absense of similarly positive current evidence he is really a 'double agent' working for Paul, we should conclude he is not.

axiomata
02-09-2009, 05:38 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/02/08/sotu.sanford.stimulus.cnn

go_carolina_528
02-09-2009, 06:06 AM
As a South Carolinian, I can tell you Sanford is the real deal.

lynnf
02-09-2009, 06:47 AM
I do not agree.

it may be possible, but in no way is it a sure thing.. I heard him explain the builderberg thing, and it was quite reasonable.. he has not only the rhetoric but actions to back it up..

"heard him explain the builderberg thing, and it was quite reasonable.."

every mole has a cover story, and the better the mole, the better the cover story.
attendance at Bilderberg speaks for itself.

lynn

acptulsa
02-09-2009, 07:47 AM
The neocons throw us bones and we sniff at them...

Either we get our own people in the races and on track, or we sniff at these flung bones...

speciallyblend
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
He endorsed McCain and went on national TV shilling for him. That's all you need to know about Sanford. He's just another power hungry politician

sanford is a joke! DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON. He will say whatever it takes to win support. He is part of the gop problem that must go.

Sanford is just like the rest of the corrupt gop leadership!!! LIP SERVICE

itshappening
02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
the acid test is will he mention the Federal Reserve?

you can always tell an approved leader by whether they will talk about the Fed despite complaining about the consequences. his masters wont let him mention it

acptulsa
02-09-2009, 08:34 AM

you can always tell an approved leader by whether they will talk about the Fed despite complaining about the consequences. his masters wont let him mention it

This and the bailouts. Exactly right.

speciallyblend
02-09-2009, 08:35 AM

yep pretty much!

mczerone
02-09-2009, 09:38 AM
This thread is a good example of what we need to be wary of now that the GOP is the lowly minority, looking to make popularity gains with those who don't support the current leadership.

A good question to ask the GOP members that seem to be aligned with us now (when they weren't before) is what they would do with the foreign budget when the GOP hypothetically regains power. Or ask if they think we should cut spending, or just tailor the spending to more "Republican" ends.

Giuliani is speaking out against the bailout - does that put him in our camp? No, because he just wants to see (1) more pork thrown at his backers and (2) a wrench thrown in the gears of the Democratic leadership.

While we can agree with some of the GOP on some of these issues, we can't trust many of them, nor can we let them think that we will have their backs in the future just because we are working on the same team on some current issues.

Elwar
02-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Hmm, let's see...Ron Paul was running for president of the US and while running he knew he had to win South Carolina. So, like all of the other Republican candidates, he said some kind words about the governor of South Carolina in the hopes of an endorsement.

This turns into..."Sanford votes pretty much like Ron Paul".

Mark Sanford's Nolan Chart (http://www.ontheissues.org/VoteMatch/candidate_map.asp?a1=5&a2=1&a3=5&a4=1&a5=1&a6=4&a7=5&a8=4&a9=2&a10=1&a11=5&a12=1&a13=2&a14=4&a15=3&a16=2&a17=2&a18=1&a19=3&a20=3&i1=1&i2=1&i3=1&i4=1&p=25&e=58&t=8) shows otherwise.

I'm all for Sanford's character that he plays on TV when it comes to some economic talk...the guy does lean on the side of liberty 58% of the time when it comes to the economy. And he even gives a nod toward liberty 25% of the time when it comes to personal freedoms.

Talk about a Ron Paul clone...I mean, surely he's had a hard time trying to push the legalization of marijuana in such a conservative state as South Carolina.

liberteebell
02-09-2009, 10:36 AM

This and the bailouts. Exactly right.

+1

But if he tells the feds to shove it and SC secedes, I'll forgive him for not mentioning the feds and the bailouts. :D

(He has mentioned the bailouts; he wrote a good piece in the WSJ some time ago entitled "Don't Bail Out My State")